Author's Chapter Notes:
this chapter might get edited i just don't know if its where i want it. i will say though it is a bit short hope y'all don't mind.
The Police had taken a report from both josh and ally a few weeks after the incident. As they went through the process of filing a restraining order on Aaron, josh had a sinking feeling that his friend would not be the same. He offered his home to her so she wouldn’t be alone as she was struggling with nightmares from that night. Ally had defiantly refused his offer.

As Ally sat in Josh’s studio, she watched the worry etch further into his eyes. She then gently stated, “I know you mean well josh, but I’d feel weird staying here when I live down the street. If you are worried about me then call me or text or better yet come over and check in.” Josh stopped playing with his pen that he had been twirling through his fingers as he faced ally. His heart knew she was trying to be brave, but he saw right through it. He then said, “I know you want me to get out of your hair Al, but…”

Ally cut him off at that moment, “JC I know you are worried about my nightmares, but I need to figure this out on my own. I love you, but please understand I want to at least try to do this.” Silence is what welcomed her as she watched her friend sit back in his chair, she knew he loved her as his best friend, this was a side she rarely saw of him the side where he was about ready to overstep his bounds and take over. She moved her own chair close to his. He knew she was serious when she started using his stage name. He then sighed. “Ally I just want to be sure you are ok. I can’t help it. I don’t see the glow in your eyes like I used to and that scares me.”

It was a battle of wills at this point, would she cave like she had many times because she knew he was right? Or would she forge her own path and follow her own feelings? The war inside her head to be freed from Aaron and his prison was fiercely outweighing the kindness and gentleness of the man she knew cared for her. Shaking her head, Ally stood her ground, “JC I love you, but I need to do this. Please understand I have been with him for 5 years and its been pure hell I want to sit in a room and know what it feels like to not have to worry that I didn’t call him on time to check in.” She took Josh’s hands into her own and squeezed his fingers trying to convey her own love for him and the gratitude for all he had done for her.

He knew he had lost the battle, but the war was going to come at some point. As he squeezed her hands as she had done his, he reluctantly smiled. He also knew she needed this, but something kept saying he shouldn’t leave her alone. With that thought he spoke cautiously, “just know we are all here for you, aka me, Lance, Michael, my parents, Melissa. We all want to see you happy again.”

Ally stood and wrapped her friend in a tight hug, “I know, I am so thankful for you all. But at this moment I need to get home and work on this development I recently was made aware of.”

With a tight hug around his friend’s waist, josh pushed his chair back to look up at her and shake his head, “you are always getting out of things because of work.” He sighed then stood. Peering down at ally josh swore she was small enough she could fit in his carry on which happened to be sitting by his front door to remind him to grab it as he was leaving for New Orleans for work. The tall brunette held his blonde friend to his side as he chided, “if and when you find the time, can you check on my plants then?”

Laughter all be it gentle and airy though it wasn’t the same full laugh he knew was her filled the room. As Ally gently swatted josh’s arm she teased, “you know me the green thumb who can only keep weeds alive since they grow like crazy around here.” Her thoughts went back to a time josh had gone to the vma’s with his four group mates to perform a poorly kept secret of a taste of what their music was like back in the late 90’s early 2000’s and he had asked her to care for a plant that was given to him by his then girlfriend. Little did josh know ally had no idea how to care for plants in the slightest. Humans she could take care of with no trouble.

Glancing at his watch, josh knew he was cutting it close to get to the airport in time. He smiled at ally, “ok, I’ll call Lance. Ive got to go. Can you get the door when you leave?” after much assurance from ally that she would be fine, he left his home hopeful that the nagging feeling in his gut would just go away.
Chapter End Notes:
have a great weekend.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story