Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry its been a bit, finally got something for you all. :D Hope you enjoy.
Nervous anticipation is what Aly felt as she stood at baggage claim waiting for Josh to come through the exit. Lance and Michael had come to visit after they had called her about remodeling their home. After an hour talking with them, she felt a little less tense and nervous, it reminded her of how Josh is with her. She knew without them saying anything that josh was the one who called them to investigate how she was doing. Shifting her weight from one foot to the other Ally looked at her watch to see if Josh had messaged her, seeing that he had not she continued to wait for him.

Row after row passengers began to file off the plane sure josh had chosen a spot closer to the front but still had to wait for his turn to get his bags in the overhead bin. After he got his things from the bin, Josh made his way to the main concourse of the airport. The moment he reached the baggage claim he spotted Aly looking at her phone most likely responding to a text. From his perspective he noticed she had lost a bit of weight and wondered if it was just because he had been gone and never noticed or she truly was losing weight?

Ally’s eyes shifted from her phone to the man who was standing in front of her. With enthusiasm she threw her arms around his neck and gave him a hug then said, “hey, glad to see you home. How was New York?”

As he hugged her, Josh laughed then replied, “It was good, Reggie took good care of me.”

Ally shook her head then smiled, “good, I’m glad.” She untangled her arms from around her friend and placed her arm through his, then gestured to the outside world and asked, “shall we get out of here before the tabs decide to make up wild stories about you and me?”

Josh laughed then hoisted his book bag over his shoulder then responded, “Nope, lets get moving.”

On the car ride home the two friends chatted about the goings on in each other’s
Lives while Josh was gone, Ally told him of a new building contract she had and the new shows she was watching. Josh knew she was avoiding the real topic of what was really going on with her. He didn’t want to push her, but he also cared a lot about her and wanted to make sure she was safe, that she knew she was loved and cared for, that she knew she didn’t have to face what she was dealing with alone.

Josh was in his own head about different topics, one of them being how much he wanted to help Ally when he was brought out of his thoughts by Aly calling his name. Josh shook his head then responded, “sorry, I was spacing it there for a minute.”

Knowing her friend had a lot on his mind since the girl he was seeing finally called it quits with him while he was away, Ally knew he was beside himself once again, internalizing everything that happened during the relationship. The blonde-haired woman sighed, “Josh, are you doing ok?”

Shaking his head, the brunette sat a little taller in his seat as he turned his head to her as she drove the pair through traffic back to his home, he then replied, “yeah I was just thinking of the fact my bed will be calling my name the minute I walk through the door.” He chuckled.

After a half an hour they had arrived at his home, as Josh got his things after exiting Ally’s car, he decided to ask Ally if she wanted to stay for a bit while he unpacked. To his disappointment she declined.

Once Ally was home, she set her keys on the counter in her kitchen then set her phone on its charger. When Josh asked if she wanted to stay with him that night, she wanted to say yes because the anxiety and memories were becoming more and more difficult to handle. Ally could barely eat without feeling like she was going to be sick from the mental state she was in. Two days prior she had spent the better part of her day in her closet crying and surrounding herself with her favorite blanket that Josh had given her for Christmas one year along with some slippers that her mother had given to her last year.

The blonde woman shook her head and made her way to her room closed the door and pulled the blinds shut. She just wanted the world to fade away and wondered why she was even here if every time she finds a guy she’s interested in, they end up hurting her in one way or another; Aaron physically and emotionally hurt her, Bryan cheated on her and Luke? She didn’t even want to get started on what happened there. Those thoughts plagued her now. She just wished she could find a good man like Josh, someone who cared for her, loved her, and treated her well. After Ally had changed into her pj’s she crawled into bed and pulled the covers over her, she only hoped she could get some sleep.

Down the street Josh was sitting at the bar in his kitchen looking through some emails he had gotten while he was on his flight. After he finished his emails, he looked at the slew of texts he had received from people including one that caught his eye from his lawyer who was helping he and Ally with a restraining order they had placed on Aaron. Josh opened the text to see the Lawyer had asked that Josh call back at his earliest convenience. He checked his watch, seeing that it was late, he decided he’d call back tomorrow.

With a yawn Josh decided he should turn in for the night. As he did his normal check on the doors and the security features he had on his home, Josh made his way to his room. After he got ready for bed he sat on his bed took his phone out and sent a text to Ally, “Hey, hope you have a good night sleep. We should hit up Ruby’s tomorrow since you are so determined to have me go.” He tapped send then relaxed under his covers then fell into a good nights sleep.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you all had a great thanksgiving.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story