Author's Chapter Notes:
super short chapter the holidays, sickness, and work took over hope this helps a bit. don't worry the boring interludes will end at some point.
The sun seeping through the curtains is what woke Josh the next morning. Turning onto his side he noticed the flashing of his phone notifying him he had an incoming call. He picked up the phone and noticed it was Michael calling him. Josh sat up in bed rubbed the sleep from his eyes, then answered the call, “hey Michael…”

The conversation revolved around plans of having Josh join Michael and Lance on their new podcast and what everyone had planned for the week. The conversation ended with Michael asking if Ally was doing ok since neither Lance nor Michael had heard from her since they were supposed to go over plans for the remodel of their home. This news triggered concern for Josh. Looking at the clock on his phone Josh bid his friend goodbye. He then called his lawyer.

After a busy morning making calls and getting ready for his day, Josh called Ally to see if she felt up to going to the restaurant.

Ally sat curled up in her closet, she had yet another nightmare and all she wanted was for it to go away. The fear, the anxiety, and the constant feeling that she wasn’t worth the time. She was thankful for Josh and his friends; they showed her there are good men out there. Her thoughts were a jumble in her head. Pulling her knees closer to her body, she bowed her head and willed the tears to come but they never did. Some time had passed to her felt like hours when the sound of her phone ringing broke her from the stupor, she was in.

Forcing herself to get up and put on a brave face was all she could do at the moment. Finally making her way to the dresser where she kept her phone, Ally noticed the picture that appeared and smiled.
“Hey Josh, why are you calling me this early?” She asked. Hearing Josh laugh on the other side was like feeling his caring hug.

The singer composed himself, “early? I don’t know what planet you’re on but here on earth, in LA its ten in the morning.” He stated with amusement.

Rubbing her face Ally nodded, “got it, so what’s up?”

Josh grabbed his keys, as he made his way to his garage, “want to go for a ride down the PCH? Hit up Ruby’s?”

Ally smiled, “sure you do need to learn the fine delicacy that is the cajun fries.”

Laughter filled the garage as the door was opening as Josh asked, “perfect now do you want to ride in a car or ride the bike?”

The blonde smiled at the thought of feeling the wind on her as she remembered when her best friend showed up to her house with a bright yellow helmet on and a blue one, he extended to her with excitement rivaling a five year old on Christmas day, as he said, “come on I just bought this bike that can get us to where we want quickly.”

She shook the memory from her mind to bring herself back to the current conversation, “definitely the bike.”

With a wide grin, Josh grabbed the extra helmet he had, “ok I’ll have to hang up with you so I can actually come get you.”

Ally nodded, “see you in a bit.”

The two friends ended their call and Josh only hoped he was doing what was right. He heard one of the nurses say that victims of abuse sometimes have PTSD, sometimes they have anxiety, sometimes they will have depression, and sometimes all of it. He said a silence prayer as he drove to Ally’s that he would know what to do.

As Ally waited for Josh, she put a bit of makeup on freshened up her hair a bit and looked herself in the mirror when she was ready, she made her way down to her the foyer of her home to get her riding jacket. Once she had the jacket, she could hear the engine of Josh’s bike pulling into her driveway she looked out the window and saw he was about to take off his helmet, Ally opened the door and waved, “I’ll be out in a minute.” Checking to make sure she had her ID, keys, and phone Ally nodded and went out the door locking it as she went.

Incomplete
musiccrazedjazzy is the author of 11 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story