Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy Thanksgiving :) 

I stood in the airport by myself nervously chewing my lip and checking my phone. Breathe, Layla. Its just your mother. How bad can it be? Last night, I told JC about my Mom coming to visit and he was excited to meet her. I tried to explain to him my mother's sometimes judgmental ways and to not take everything she said to heart. His response was "I'm a big boy, Layla. I can handle it. Plus, I'm sure she'll love me." As modest as he is, JC still has his cocky ways. He knows he's charming as fuck.


While nervous, I was still excited to see my Mom. It had been almost a year since we had seen one another. I glanced at the screen that announced the arrivals and departures and noted that her flight had just landed. Moments later, I saw my mom walking towards me smiling from ear to ear and rolling her cute Coach luggage behind her. I greeted her and she pulled me in for a long hug.

"Layla, honey, it's so good to see you!" My mom pulled away and I saw her eyes were on the verge of tears. Her genuine response made me feel so many emotions as I tried to keep my own tears at bay.

"Hi Mama. I missed you." 

"I'm so excited to be in LA! It's beautiful here. I can't wait to see your home!" She gushed.

"Yes, it is. I love it here, Mom. I think you will too. I also have someone I want you to meet later."

Mom looked at me surprised. "Really? You're dating again?"

"Yeah, I am and I'm really happy."

Mom placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it affectionately. "I think that's great. I can't wait to meet him. You deserve some happiness after everything you've been through."

Maybe my mother had a change of heart? That was not the response I was expecting from her, but I gladly accepted it and hoped that dinner with JC later would go smoothly.

"Thanks, Mom. That means a lot to me. Let's get out of here." I took her luggage from her as we walked towards the airport exit.

-----


"Layla, it looks amazing in here. Did you decorate this yourself?" Mom took a seat on my couch and looked around the living room.

"Thank you. I did. I was hoping you would like it. You should see JC's living room. It's about 5 times this size." I took a seat beside her.

"JC? What does that stand for? And what does he do?" She inquired.

"It stands for Joshua Chasez. His name. He's just always went by JC but you can call Josh. He is a song writer and producer and he used to be in a band years ago."

"That all sounds wonderful. Well, I can't wait to meet this Mr. Chavez!"

"CHASEZ, Mom!" I laughed and shook my head. She began laughing too. "I'll try to remember that."

We both stopped laughing as awkward silence filled the room. I starting picking at my hands because I knew what topic was coming next - the divorce with Austin. 
"So, how are you since.. you know.. the divorce? Have you seen Austin or spoken with him?"

"I'm fine now. I wasn't for a long time. I really struggled with things and I kind of just shut off everyone and everything. I have been much better now though. No, I haven't seen him... but I ran into his girlfriend recently and they're expecting."

My mom looked at me as tears welled in her eyes. "I'm sorry I wasn't here for you like I should have been. I regret that. As your mother, I should've been more supportive when you needed it the most. I was just so upset that your marriage didn't work out and as someone who has had a failed marriage, I didn't want that for you. I am truly so sorry."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This was all I ever wanted to hear from my mother. It was the cause of a lot of our estrangement. I couldn't put into words the range of emotions I was feeling. I just stared at her as tears ran down my cheeks.

"You don't have to forgive me now, but I hope you do one day. I just hope that we can mend our relationship and that I can be more supportive for you now." She continued as she wiped a tear from her own cheeks.

"I would like that a lot. I miss you, Mom." I hugged her tightly as we sobbed together.

I pulled away as I heard a knock at the door alerting me that JC was here. I stood up and quickly tried to wipe away my tears and collect myself. This was going to be awkward greeting him with my face all red and tear stained.

"It's JC." I said to my Mom.

She jumped up from the couch. "Where's your bathroom so that I can fix my face?" She laughed.That's my mama. She has to look her best.

"Down the hall and to the right." I pointed. She hurried down the hall and I went to the door to let JC in.

"Hey baby--- what? Are you ok? What's wrong?" He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back. He's so sweet when he's concerned, but really I didn't want to start the waterworks again.

I pulled away before I could become emotional again. "I'm fine, Jace. My mom and I were talking and I got a little teary. It's ok, really."

He looked at me still a bit concerned but accepted my answer. "Ok.. Where is your mom?"

"Bathroom. She'll be out in a sec. Are you nervous?" I asked.

"No, honey. I told you this is going to be fine. Quit worrying." He reassured me.

Just at that moment, my Mom walked towards our direction. "KC!! Hi dear! Nice to meet you."

"JC, Mom!" I placed my hand over my face and sighed. This woman just keeps butchering his name.

"Hello, Mrs. Roberts." JC said stifling a laugh. "It's lovely to meet you as well."

"Oh, please call me Amelia. Mrs. Roberts sounds so old and I am not old yet." She pulled JC in for a hug.

"Since JC is here, I'm going to get started on dinner. Mom, you're welcome to go rest in the guest room if you'd like." I offered.

"Actually, I do think I will take you up on that offer. That flight was exhausting."

"Okay. Follow me." I led her down the hall to the guest room and helped her get situated. Her head was on the pillow before I even left the room.

I met JC back in the kitchen as he was grabbing a beer from the refrigerator. 
"That was easy. I think you're all worried for nothing, Layla."

"Probably so. We had a good talk before you showed up. I'm really feeling much better about my relationship with Mom." I walked up to him taking the beer from his hand and taking a sip before placing it down on the counter. I pulled him in for a hug and snuggled into his chest. He smelled amazing per usual. His scent was so intoxicating and manly. He placed a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"That's good, honey." We stayed in that embrace for a little longer before I pulled away to begin cooking.

----

"So, Layla tells me that you are a music producer and you write songs?" My mom asked JC as she took a bite of her steak. For dinner, I made grilled steaks and baked potatoes. I let JC make our garden salads. JC is not much of a cook, so I gave him the simplest task and I'll say he did it well considering all he had to do was chop up some veggies and throw them on some lettuce.

"Yes, I do. I've been doing that for quite some time now. I write songs for other artists now, but I have also written some of my own songs before too."

"Do you sing?"

JC hesitated before answering. "Sometimes."

I knew the topic of his own music was sometimes a sensitive subject for JC. I got the vibe that he didn't really want to divulge into that much more during this conversation so I thought it was time to change the subject before my mom asked him to sing.

"Mom, where do you think you're going to travel to next?" I asked. I snuck a quick look at JC and he looked grateful for the subject change.

"I was thinking Hawaii for Christmas! It would be so awesome to wake up on Christmas morning on an island!" She said excitedly.

"That does sound pretty amazing. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii." I agreed. I was really happy that my Mom was able to travel now. She deserved to have some fun.

"Have you been to Hawaii before, JC?" My mom asked.

"I have. Several times. I've actually traveled a lot when I was younger, doing shows and appearances." Oops, somehow we got right back on the subject of JC singing.

"Wow. I bet you have experienced so much! Layla, this is the one you should've married." She laughed.

I stopped mid chew and glared in her direction. "Mom... Please. Don't." 

I could've sworn I heard JC choke on his food at the mention of marriage.

"What? All I am saying is he seems a million times better than your ex-husband." She said nonchalantly as she continued to eat her food.

Suddenly, the air in the room was filled with tension and my appetite was gone. I looked at JC and the look on his face almost made me break down. He had just found out about my previous marriage in the worst way possible. I really wanted to tell him this on my own time. Okay, I admit it was way past due, but this was not the way I wanted it to happen.

"Excuse me, ladies." JC announced as he got up from the table and pushed his chair in. He walked towards the bathroom and I heard the door shut. My heart was racing. Was he mad at me? Upset? Was he going to break up with me?

"What's wrong?" My mother asked.

"He didn't know, Mom."

My mom looked at me wide eyed as she gasped. "Oh my God, Layla. I'm so sorry."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial oral boyfriendjc showersex producerjc