When JC emerged from the bathroom, he suddenly had to have an "emergency studio session" with a client. He barely looked at me as he said this, hugged my mom and told her it was nice to meet her before he left the house. I knew that was just a cop out to leave the situation because he was mad at me. Mom and I finished our dinner and she apologized profusely about ten more times before I just told her to stop talking about it. After dinner, I took my mother to her hotel and we made plans to meet up tomorrow evening after I got off from work. On the way back to my house, I tried to call JC and was met with the voicemail so I dialed Bianca.


"Hey girlie. What's up?" She answered.

"He found out."

"Who? Found out what?"

"About me being married before." I sighed.

"Oh, so you told him? How did that go?" She inquired.

"My mother told him."

"Woah. Wait. Your mother? Layla, how?"

I guess it was time to explain this shit show. "My mom is in town. She arrived this morning. So anyway, we were having dinner with her this evening and she made a comment about how I should have married JC first."

"Holy shit. No way. What did JC say?"

"Nothing. He excused himself from the table, went to the bathroom then claimed he had to have an emergency studio session with someone and he left. I just tried to call him and it went to voicemail. I'm pretty sure he's mad at me."

"I mean, do you blame him, Layla? That was definitely something you should have told him and way before now." I hate it when she's right. Why does she have to be right?

"I know. I know. I fucked up."

"Okay. So, what are you going to do about it?"

"Umm, I don't know what to do. Help me, please. I really care about him, Bianca. I don't want this to be over." I started to sniffle. I had done my best to not cry while I was with my mom and now it was all hitting me. Thankfully, I was pulling into my driveway and could go in my house and cry as much as I wanted.

"I know you care about him. I think you can start with apologizing and maybe explaining why you didn't tell him. He seems to be a pretty understanding person."

"How can I do that if he won't even answer my calls?" I whined. I opened my front door and threw my keys and purse down on a nearby table and collapsed on the couch.

"Give him some space. A day or two to cool off."

"Yeah, I guess so." I sighed and rubbed my forehead as I felt the headache forming from holding back tears. Waiting a day or two was going to kill me. JC and I had been with each other almost daily for the past three months.

"It will be okay. Don't stress about it." Bianca assured me. I wanted to believe it. I really did, but part of me was scared that this was really the end of us.

"I'll try not to. Talk to you later, B." I hung up before she could hear me break down. I laid my head on a pillow and let the tears flow freely. I had finally had the courage to begin another relationship after everything I had been through and now it was all tumbling down. I cried until I fell asleep on the couch.

--

"Damn, girl. You look like shit." My co-worker Jerry said to me as soon as he saw me putting my things away in my locker. It was the next morning and I had just clocked in at work. All I really wanted to do was lay in bed and mope, but I needed to work and get my mind off of things for the majority of the day. Jerry was right. I did look like shit. When I woke up this morning, my eyes were puffy and red and it was pretty evident that I had cried. A lot. I checked my phone and noticed there were no missed calls or text messages from JC overnight. However, I took Bianca's advice and didn't contact him.

"Thanks a lot, Jer. I had a bad night. And no, I do not want to talk about it." I slammed my locker shut and went out to the nurse's station to begin my shift.

Jerry followed close behind me. "Are you sure? You know we can talk about anything. Is it your boyfriend?"

I sighed as I grabbed my notepad and a pen. I really came here to focus on everything but JC and here it was 5 minutes into my shift and I was already being asked about him.

"Jerry, seriously. If I want to talk about it, I'll let you know. I need to go assess my patients." I put my stethoscope around my neck and walked towards my first patient's room.

This was going to be a long day.

---

My shift came to an end and I was never so glad to get out of there. Instead of work being a distraction, it just added to my stress. I was out of the building and in my car by 7:06pm. Typically, my car ride home consisted of talking to JC and making plans to meet up. However, I had no calls or texts from JC once again.

I called my Mom since we were supposed to meet up after work to hang out.

"Layla, how was work?" My mother answered.

"Fine. I guess." I sighed.

"Have you patched things up with JC?" She asked cautiously.

"No, I haven't. He won't answer my calls. I really don't want to talk about it, Mom. What do you want to do this evening? I just need to go home, shower and change."

Truthfully, I didn't feel like doing anything but going home and curling up in my bed and crying until I couldn't anymore, but I knew that my mom was only in town for a short amount of time and I needed to take advantage of that. Plus, the distraction would help.

"Let's go out. Have some drinks. Get your mind off of things." She suggested.

"You want to go out and get drunk?" I laughed. Getting drunk with my mom seemed kind of weird, but could be fun.

"There's a really nice bar here at my hotel. We can just drink here so we don't have to drive anywhere. You can crash here if you drink too much. So pack an overnight bag."

I thought it over. I really could use the company and some alcohol. What the hell. I'm going to party with my mom tonight at her fancy hotel and forget about JC. For the time being.

 

--

 

An hour and a half later, I was walking into the lobby of the Westin to meet my Mom. I had went home, showered, and changed into something more "bar-appropriate". I wore a pair of jeans, a cropped sweater and tall knee-high boots. It was December, so while not exactly freezing cold, it was chilly at night. I applied minimal make-up and had my hair pulled up into a high bun.

"Layla, hey. You look so pretty, dear." My mother gushed as she approached me. She pulled me in for a hug then leaned back and took a good look at my outfit. "I wish I could wear those tall heels. I would fall flat on my face." She laughed.

I laughed. "Thanks, Mama. Have you started drinking yet?"

"No, I was waiting on you. Let's party, girl!" She took my hand in hers as we made our way to the hotel bar.

And party we did!

An hour later, two shots of tequila and two cocktails later, we were giggling like school girls and singing along to the music playing at the bar. Who knew my Mom could be so fun? Growing up, my mom was always the responsible and reserved mother. I can count on one hand the amount of times I ever saw her drink. It was nice to let loose with her.

"I can't believe I'm in LA with my baby girl and I'm tipsy. I'm having a fabulous time." She placed her hand on my shoulder and leaned into me. Just tipsy? Woman, you're drunk.

"Me too, Mama. Taking shots of tequila with my mother is definitely bucket list worthy." I pulled out my phone from my pocket and checked the screen. Still no JC.

"That sexy man of yours still mad at you?" My mother asked.

"Goodness, Mama. Please don't call him sexy. That is just weird. I don't know if he's mad. I don't know what he is because he won't even talk to me." My eyes started to well up. Nope, don't cry. Not crying in a bar. With my mother. No.

"Aww, honey. I can tell you really care about this guy just from the short time I was around you both. He looks at you with so much love in his eyes."

Love? Ok, yeah she is definitely drunk.

"He doesn't love me. Or at least I don't think that he does."

She swatted my arm playfully. "Girl, are you blind? That man loves you and you love him. You both may not have admitted it to each other yet, but its there." She said matter-of-factly.

I didn't respond for a few minutes while I pondered on what she said. Did I care about JC? Absolutely. Did I think about him every hour of every day? Well, yes. Was I absolutely miserable knowing that I had hurt him and had not talked to him in a whole day? Hell yes.

Did I love JC? I did.

"I do love him, Mama. I do."

She looked at me and smiled. "Then, get your man back." She waved the bartender over and ordered us another round of shots. "But first, more tequila!"

--

It was around 11:45 pm when I followed Mom up to her hotel room, both stumbling and laughing along the way. I was so going to regret drinking all that tequila, but it didn't matter right now because I was having a great time despite the JC issue. 
Mom fumbled with the key card before opening the door and immediately kicking off her shoes.

"Mama, I'm going to stay out here in the hall for a sec and call JC." I don't know if it was the liquid courage or the fact that I was missing him like crazy, but I just had to try to call him.

"Okay, I'll probably be asleep before you get in here. I'll prop the door open. Be honest with him, Layla. I truly think that this will be okay." She assured me before disappearing into the room.

I looked at my phone and didn't hesitate before pressing his name and putting the phone to my ear.

Please answer.

With each ring, my heartrate increased. Finally, I heard the voicemail greeting. I sighed and slid down the wall I was leaning against until I sat on the floor. I guess I'll have to leave him a message.

"JC. It's me. I know you're upset with me, but please just give me a chance to explain things. I know I fucked up, but I don't want to lose you. I lo-"

Oh shit, this is not the way to tell him I love him. On his voicemail?

"I-I-I miss you. Please call me back." I ended the call and retreated into the hotel room. I went to sleep praying that he would come around and call me back.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial oral boyfriendjc showersex producerjc