It felt like a huge relief knowing that JC knew about my previous marriage now. We didn't talk much about it that day in the studio when we made up. I knew that eventually I would tell JC the whole story.

It was December 24th and JC and I were preparing to take flight to Florida to be with his family. I had called my mom the day before to let her know where I would be for the holidays. I wished her a Merry Christmas since we both would be traveling. Want to guess where she was going? Yep, Hawaii. I was so happy for her. She was ecstatic that JC and I had made up and were spending our holiday with his family.

"Are you nervous, babe?" JC asked as we boarded the plane and found our designated seats. Flying was not my favorite thing to do. Truthfully, I hated it and I was terrified.

"I'm not nervous about meeting your family, just the flying in the air for an extended amount of time.." I breathed in deep and let out a long sigh.

"Oh, come on. You've done this before." JC assured me.

"I know, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it, Joshua." I said through gritted teeth.

"Woah. It'll be fine, honey. I'm here with you." He kissed me on the cheek and I tried my best to focus on anything other than the fact that we were about to be thousands of feet up in the air for an extended amount of time.

I had to appreciate the fact that he was being so caring knowing that I was beside him losing my mind. "I know, Jace. Thank you."

"Well, we have some time so let's talk. Are you ready to meet my family?"

"I am. I'm actually excited to hear all the embarrassing stories about you. I'm sure your mama has some good ones."

"Oh, great. I'm sure she will tell you some, but at least she won't drop a marriage bomb on you like your mom did to me." He joked.

"Really, Jace?" I rolled my eyes. Somehow I knew this was going to be the topic of conversation on this flight.

"I'm kidding. So, what happened? Will you tell me everything?" He asked hesitantly.

"Well, um.. Austin and I met about a week after I moved out to LA. We met at a coffee shop. I was actually leaving and ran into him and spilled my coffee all over him. I was mortified then, but now thinking back on it, I wish I could spill a couple more coffees on him. Scalding hot coffees." We both laughed at that and I leaned back feeling myself relax some as the plane began to take off. JC took my hand in his and began rubbing gentle circles with his thumb.

"Anyway, we dated for about 6 months before he proposed. We got married at the courthouse about a month later and also bought our house. Everything was moving so fast and I had fallen hard. I really thought he was it for me." It felt a lot easier to tell this story now, but a part of me hoped it would be the last time I would have to explain it.

"He began to get really distant, was staying out late every night and picking fights with me. So, one night I decided to go through his phone and that is how I found out that he was having an affair with a co-worker. Brianna, the girl I saw in the restaurant that night on our date. Anyways, I confronted him about it and told him I was willing to work on our marriage issues if he agreed to break things off with her. He said he would and I thought things would improve. A week later, he told me he didn't love me anymore and that he wanted to be with Brianna. He moved out, filed for divorce, and the rest is history." I looked over at JC who was staring at me intently listening to every word. He had a hint of genuine concern in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you, Layla. You didn't deserve that at all. I'm sure you were an amazing wife, so don't think that you weren't." He brought my hand up to his lips to kiss it.

"I tried to do everything right. I did the courthouse wedding, because that's what he wanted. I wanted an actual wedding with my family and friends. I wanted the experience. I didn't want to rush things, but I didn't want to miss out on the chance to have my person. Someone that I could spend my life with. So, I went along with everything that he wanted to do. I felt so stupid when things ended the way they did." I confessed.

"Love makes you do crazy things. You don't want to know half of the things I have done for love." JC laughed. I smiled at him. It felt really good to open up. "Do you ever want to get married again?"

Woah. He caught me off guard with that question.

"I don't know. That experience kind of tainted the thought of marriage for me." I admitted. I had sworn to never get married again, but now I was rethinking that.

"Do you ever want to get married one day?" I asked him. We had never talked about such things as our relationship was still new and we were still learning things about each other.

"Are you asking?" JC winked at me. I hit his arm playfully and rolled my eyes.

"I'm asking in general. I'm not proposing to you, silly."

"I know. I know." He laughed and then his demeanor changed from a playful one to a serious one. "I absolutely want to be married one day. I want a wife, kids, the whole thing."

The look on his face melted my soul. I knew right then and there that I wanted those same exact things. I was just scared. Would I have those things with JC? I didn't know. Only time would tell.

"That's beautiful, Jace. You deserve all of that and more."

"So do you, honey. " JC kissed me tenderly on the lips then leaned back into his seat and closed his eyes, his cue that he was about to take a nap. How the hell can he nap on this airplane? I turned and looked out my window and sighed. I felt like my relationship with JC had just turned a new page after today.

--

"Welcome to Florida, honey!" JC exclaimed as we walked out of the airport rolling our luggage behind us. He threw his head back and breathed in deeply taking it all in. I could tell he loved it here. I couldn't blame him. It was beautiful. I was excited to see much more of this beautiful place.

We got in the car that JC had rented for us this week and headed towards his family home. Remember me saying that I wasn't nervous to meet his family? Well, that just changed. I was petrified.

JC looked over at me as I looked out the window biting my lip. "Baby, its going to be fine. I promise. You're amazing and they will see that the second they lay eyes on you."

I looked at him and smiled. "Are you sure about that?"

"Positive. Now, tell me what did you get me for Christmas? I'm dying to know."

"Josh, I'm not telling you what I got you for Christmas! You can wait until tomorrow." I shook my head. He was just like a kid fishing for hints about his present. Speaking of his present, I stressed about what to get him for weeks. What do you get JC Chasez for Christmas? The man has everything he wants and if he doesn't have it, then he can buy it. Bianca gave me a great idea about what to give him and I couldn't wait to see his reaction.

"Okay, fine! I will ask you again later." He teased. "Want to know what I got you?"

"No! I want to be surprised."

"Fair enough."

We drove for about 30 minutes before I started to notice a nice subdivision of houses near a large lake. JC pulled up to a pretty tan house with white shutters and a plethora of large cypress trees in the front yard. He parked in the driveway and shut the engine off. He looked at me and said "We're here, Layla. Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial oral boyfriendjc showersex producerjc