I rolled over and yawned and opened my eyes slightly to adjust to the sunlight coming into the room.

Why is it so fuckin’ bright and why does my head feel so heavy?!

Now I’m remembering why I haven’t been out in so long. Hangovers suck.

I stretched my arms out wide and SMACK! My hand came in contact with skin. And no, not my skin.

Who is in bed with me? Instantly I thought OMG did I get so drunk that I called Austin for a night of drunken “please take me back” sex?

“Oww! Damn girl!” JC groaned.

Woah. What a minute. Why is JC in MY bed??? I remember meeting him last night at the club. Then drinks.. then what??

I gasped and looked down at my black lacy bra and matching panties. Please don’t tell me I had sex with this stranger!

JC must have sensed my panic at that moment because he starting grinning. “For the record, we did not have sex”

I breathed a sigh of relief. “Oh… ok.”

That’s good, right? I thought as I looked over and saw this beautiful specimen of a man in my bed… shirtless… staring at me.

Suddenly, I became shy and hopped out of bed in search of my robe. I put it on and tied it and stood awkwardly at the foot of the bed. JC sat up and ran a hand through his dark, curly locks. “Good morning… I think?”

“Good morning. Sorry if I’m being weird. I just don’t remember much of what happened last night.”

“You and me both. But I do remember kissing you. A lot” He smiled.

I blushed and started fidgeting with the tie on my robe.

“We did? Did we do anything else?”

“No, I wouldn’t take advantage of you, girl.” JC climbed out of bed and put his shirt over his head and walked towards me.

“But, would you like to grab some breakfast with me?”

“Uh, yeah sure. Let me just uh get dressed. Is this like a date or something?” I said still fidgeting with my robe.

JC laughed. “Sure, if you’d like it to be.” He then placed a light peck on my cheek. “I’ll wait in the living room while you get ready”

He walked away and I think my heart stopped beating for a second or two after that kiss.

Get it together, Layla! This guy is hot and he seems like a good person.

It’s been so long since I dated anyone so ok, I’m a little rusty.

———————

We decided on breakfast at a little cafe downtown. We slid into the booth, one of us on either side. A waitress arrived to take our orders and poured us some piping hot coffee.

I took sip of coffee and looked up and made eye contact with JC.

“So what are your plans today?” I asked him.

“Well, it’s Sunday so I typically try to make Sundays my off days. Unless of course, something else comes up. So I don’t really have any exciting plans today. Maybe kick back and watch some football later. And you?”

“Umm, I’m off today as well. I usually just work 3 days a week. Nurse life. But no plans for me either. I don’t usually have any plans beyond work to be honest” I said looking away.

“And why is that? You have friends, right?”

“Oh yeah. I do. I just.. I, um have just kinda laid low lately” I shrugged and took another sip of coffee. Ok, so I’ll admit.. I didn’t tell JC about my divorce. I have this super hot ex-pop star interested in me at the bar and well mentioning divorce didn’t really seem that appealing.

“I get it. I’m sort of lowkey like that too.”

Our food arrived at that moment and we began to eat and chat here and there. The waitress set the bill down on the table and we both reached for it at the same time.

"I can get this" I stated.

JC lightly picked my hand up and I swear his thumb grazed the back of my hand for a millisecond, then he placed it back down on the table and picked up the check. "I know you can get it, but you're not. Its my treat."

"JC. I can pay for my own food. I don't want you thinking I'm some gold digging girl"

"Layla." JC rolled his eyes and then smirked at me. "Didn't I invite you to breakfast? So it is MY treat."

He quickly placed some money on the table and stood up and placed his jacket on. I followed suit as we exited the cafe.

We stepped outside into the cool air and stared at each other awkwardly. 
"Sooo, I can take you back home or you could come to my place with me and watch some football.." JC trailed off looking down at his sneakered feet.

Everything in me was screaming YES GO TO HIS PLACE. But for whatever stupid reason, I opened my mouth and said "Umm, I actually need to get back home and do some laundry and you know some other stuff. Or whatever."

JC quickly said "Yeah, sure no problem. Well, let's get going. I'm freezing."

__________________________________________

Needless to say, the drive back to my place was an awkward one. I glanced over at JC a couple of times in an attempt to read his mood, but couldn't really decipher it.

Yes, I wanted to spend more time with him! BUT, this was all too soon. I just met him. Yeah, we slept in the same bed together last night (half naked at that) but that's besides the point. We were drunk. It meant nothing. He's this super rich hot guy that people fanaticize about and I'm just this average looking chick who overthinks literally everything. What could he possible want from me?

We pulled up in my driveway and JC looked over at me. "Well, I'll see you around. I had fun, Layla"

"Me too. Um, thanks for breakfast." I hurriedly grabbed my purse and began to hop out of his car when I felt his hand grab mine.

"Text me, ok?" He looked at me with sincere eyes.

"I will, JC. Bye" I shut the car door and practically ran inside my house. When I shut the front door, I let out a big sigh and looked around. My house has been my sanctuary lately, my escape from the world when all I wanted to do was be alone and sulk. But now... it just felt so lonely.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial oral boyfriendjc showersex producerjc