Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy Birthday Justin!!!!!!! :) 

* 3 DAYS LATER *

I have not talked to JC in THREE DAYS. Three damn days! And it's slowly killing me. 

The day after I told him everything, I didn't expect a call. He said he needed time, so I was going to respect that. I didn't like it, but I dealt with it.

The second day, I worked and was busy most of the day so I didn't have a lot of time to think about it. When I got home that evening, I took a shower and crashed not long after that.

Day three, however, I am starting to worry. I was sitting on our bed staring at my phone, trying to use some sort of magic to make JC call me. He was supposed to be back in town in a few days, but I cannot wait that long anymore. I could easily call him, but that wasn't what I needed. I needed to hear from him. I needed to see him.

I ran down to his office and got on his computer. It was time to do something drastic if I wanted to save my relationship. A few minutes later and a plane ticket was purchased, heading to New York, where JC is currently.

However, to make this plan work, I needed a little help.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Eric.

It's Layla. I'm catching a flight to NYC to surprise Jace. Please don't tell him. Send me the hotel details, please. I'll be there by 9pm tonight.

A couple minutes later, he sent me a the name of their hotel and wished me safe travels.

I stood up and ran my hands through my hair. Okay, I am really doing this. JC better love me forever after this. I am getting on a plane (which I hate) ALONE and surprising him. Hell, he should welcome me with open arms, right?

--

"I can't believe you're doing this! Finally, chasing your popstar." Bianca said lightheartedly, as she pulled up to the airport.  I told her my plan and asked her to drop me off at the airport. I had hoped it would ease my nerves some before getting on the plane.

"Trust me, I can't believe I'm doing it either." I said nervously, twirling a strand of my hair around my finger.

"I think it'll all be fine. Don't worry. Just think, in a few hours you'll see JC!"

It had been weeks since I had been able to see him. I couldn't wait. Sure, it wasn't under the best circumstances, but none of that mattered as much as seeing him. Touching him.

I leaned over and hugged Bianca. "Thank you, B. You're really the best friend I have ever had."

She hugged me back and rubbed my back caringly. "Aww, Layla. You're my best friend too. Make sure you text me as soon as you land, okay? Love you."

We pulled away from each other and I gave her one final hopeful smile before I exited the car and retrieved my suitcase from her trunk. I watched her wave as I began to walk into LAX.

Okay, we're really doing this!

--

Hours later..

NYC

By the time I got to New York, it was night time. Although, the flight was just a couple of hours, I was pretty tired. I stopped at a coffee shop in the airport and grabbed a latte before heading outside to catch a cab to the hotel Jc was staying at. So far, everything was going smoothly.

I flagged down a cab and told the cab driver my destination. I sent Bianca a quick text to let her know I was here and safe, and another text to Eric to let him know I was on my way to the hotel.

This was my first time ever in New York and I had traveled here alone! My anxiety was at an all time high, but I was still intrigued by the city lights and the hustle and bustle of the city.

We arrived at the Hard Rock Hotel and I quickly paid the cab fee and scurried into the hotel lobby. It was way cooler here than in LA, even in the summer. I should have definitely checked the weather before I packed. I sat in the lobby, as I waited for Eric to find me and escort me to JC's room. There was absolutely no way I would've been able to go there alone. Security was pretty tight and since Jace wasn't expecting me, this was the only way.

A few minutes later, I see Eric approaching me. "How was the flight?" He asked, giving me a polite hug.

"It was okay. I hate flying. But I made it. Is Jace in his room?"

"He and his bodyguard, Mark, went out for some food. He should be back shortly, but I'll take you up to his room to wait. He's going to be surprised to see you."

I smiled nervously. "I hope so."

I followed Eric to the elevators and we rode up to the top floor where JC was staying. We approached the penthouse suite, and Eric used a keycard to open the door. He held the door open for me as I crossed the threshold, rolling my luggage behind me.

Holy shit, it's nice in here. I've never seen a hotel room this big.

"Make yourself at home. I'm sure JC will be back soon. See ya later." He waved before the door closed behind him.

I will definitely make myself at home. I'm tired as hell. I dropped my luggage at  the door, kicked off my shoes and shed my jacket. I made my way around the suite, taking it all in before I found the bedroom and laid down on the most soft bed I have ever laid on.

I didn't plan on falling asleep, but my anxiety ridden day and the plane ride caught up to me, and I drifted off to sleep.

--

I awoke to the sound of the hotel door opening and slamming shut. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, panicking briefly as I forgot where I was. Before I could gather my thoughts, I see JC standing in the doorway of the bedroom.

"Layla?" He stood there, with confusion written all over his face.

"Um, hi." I said, still a bit dazed.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, still not moving from his spot in the doorway. Okay, that was not the greeting I was hoping for.

“I came to see you. I wanted to surprise you.” I said sheepishly, getting up from the bed and walking up to him. I circled my arms around his waist and laid my head against his chest. I felt his body tense up briefly, then relax as he put his arms around me and kissed me on top of the head.

"I'm so sorry, Jace. I didn't want to hurt anyone. I thought it was better off if I acted like nothing happened with Justin. I should've told you. I'm so so sorry." I sniffled into his chest. "I love you so much. I would never ever betray you like that. Especially with your best friend." I tightened my arms around him. I wanted to be as close as possible and I never wanted to let go. 

He pulled us apart and lifted my chin up with his hand. He stared deep into my teary eyes for several seconds. I held my breath, bracing myself for his response.
"I want you to promise me something. I'm serious this time, Layla. There is nothing I want more right now than to be with you, to make you my wife one day and to love you for a lifetime, but we have to be a team, baby. You can tell me anything. ANYTHING. So, please promise me you will no longer keep things from me." He spoke.

“I won’t. I promise, JC. I promise.” I breathed a sign of relief. He still wanted to be with me! For the first time in the last 3 days, I had hope that we would be okay.

He wiped away a tear that was coming down my face, and kissed my forehead, lingering there for a couple of seconds. I continued to cry silently.

“Baby, it’s ok. Quit crying, please. You know I hate to see you cry.”

“I’m sorry. You know I’m a cry baby.” I laughed, wiping my face with my hands.

“I was really scared that I was coming all the way out here for you to break up with me. Also, I’m still worried about you and Justin.” I confessed.

“Let me worry about that, okay? Justin and I have been through some shit before. I’m definitely pissed at him, but we’ll talk when I get back to LA. He just better never try that shit again.” He said. From the icy look in his blue eyes, I could tell that he meant every word. I nodded. Despite what he said, I was still going to worry. I would feel awful if I was the downfall of their friendship.

"So, you just couldn't wait a few more days for me to get back to LA?" He asked, grabbing my hand and leading to sit on the bed as he sat down beside me.

"No , I couldn't. It was driving me crazy that you weren't calling me. I needed to hear your voice. See you." I turned to face him.

"I just needed some time to cool off and to think about things. Plus, I've been really busy with interviews, photoshoots and shows. I should've checked in with you. I'm sorry, honey."

"It's ok. I'm here now." I smiled.

"You are. So, when do you have to go back to work?" He asked curiously.

JC was about to have the shock of a lfietime. While on the plane, I was able to do a lot of thinking. I couldn't take being away from the person I loved for so long. It wasn't worth the worrying or the loneliness. My career was important to me, and I knew that I would go back to it evdentually, but for now, my heart was calling me to travel the world with JC. So, I typed up my resignation letter on my phone while on the plane and e-mailed it to my manager as soon as I landed.

"Actually, I resigned. I e-mailed them today. Effective immediately." I said grinning as I watched the shock on his face.

He nearly tackled me, hugging me fiercly and pulling us down to the bed. He placed kisses all over my face, before kissing me hard on my lips. He pulled back to look at me. "You really did it?"

"I really did it. Are you happy?" I ran my fingers through his long wavy hair. The look on his face was enough to make my heart burst.

"You have no idea how happy I am, honey. I love you so much, Layla." He pulled my body close to his and held me tightly, snuggling his face into my neck.

It was worth it. It was all worth it.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial oral boyfriendjc showersex producerjc