"This is it, baby! The last show! How do you feel?" I asked jumping up and down giddily. I was excited for tonight. I was excited that it was the end of the tour, and also extremely excited that our friends would be in attendance to see JC do his thing.

 

"I'm really happy. I couldn't ask for more. This tour has been amazing. The album did great. I have you by my side. This is the happiest I have ever been." He confessed, cupping my face with his hands and kissing me tenderly. He pressed his forehead against mine.

 

"Will you pray with me before I go out there?" He asked. I nodded 'yes'. JC held my hands in his squeezing them softly before he began.

 

"God, I pray that we have a good show tonight. Thank you for blessing me with this opportunity to play my songs for the world. Thank you for protecting me and the people I love the most. Thank you for bringing this woman into my life who keeps me grounded and pushes me to be the best I can be. Amen."

 

I felt a tear run down my cheek as he pulled away. We were brought together for a reason and I truly felt that I had met my soulmate. Everything that had happened before didn't even matter. JC had turned my life upside down, but in the most positive way. A year ago, I would have never thought I would be here, in love again. A year ago, I was going through the worst pain I have experienced thus far in my life. The saying is true: A lot can happen in a year. 

 

"That was beautiful, Jace.” I sniffled, letting the tears flow freely down my face. 

 

JC wiped my tear away with his thumb and kissed me once again. "Thank you, honey. It’s all true. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

 

A quiet sob escaped my mouth as my emotions took over. I couldn’t help crying like a baby. I couldn’t even find words to say.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. I didn’t mean to upset you.” He shushed, kissing my tears.

 

“I’m not upset. I’m happy. Thank you for that.” I smiled.

 

*Knock knock*

 

“JC, it’s time!” We heard Eric’s muffled voice from the other side of the door.

 

JC took a deep breath and let it out forcefully. “Guess it’s showtime. I’ll see you out there, okay?”

 

He kissed me one more time then went to leave the dressing room, but not before stopping at the door and turning around to wink at me and mouthing “I love you.”

 

--

 

I usually sit front row to watch JC's shows, but tonight I was off to the side of the stage with Bianca, Justin and Lance. It wouldn't have been a good idea for Justin and Lance to sit in the audience, so we decided to join them backstage. There was a full bar backstage so we took advantage of the free alcohol and amazing view of the show.

 

"Hey Layla. Good to see you again." Lance said, hugging me. 

 

"You too! You remember, Bianca, right?" I said gesturing towards my friend. "Justin, I don't think you have met each other before. This is my best friend, Bianca. Bianca, Justin."

 

"Nice to meet you, Bianca." Justin said, shaking her hand. Bianca stood there star-struck for a minute before she found her voice to respond. I laughed to myself, knowing she had a huge crush on Justin.

 

"Nice to meet you, too." She stated, her eyes wide with shock. Justin smiled shyly back at her, then focused his attention back to the stage.

 

"My goodness. He's sexy as fuck in person!" She whispered to me. I laughed and shook my head at her, noticing Justin side-eyeing us trying to overhear the conversation.

 

JC had just begun "Blowing Me Up" and I was bobbing my head to the beat of the drum percussion in the song while I sipped my margarita. I loved when he performed this one, mainly for the dance moves. I couldn't get enough of his dancing. It was always full of energy and precise.

 

I took another sip of my margarita realizing that was the end of it and it was time for another. 

 

“Hey guys, I’m going to go get me another drink. Anybody want anything?” I announced.

 

“NO!” Both Justin and Lance nearly screamed at the same time.

 

“No, um, I’ll grab you another one. You stay here.” Justin said nervously.

 

“What? Why? I can get my own drink, Justin.”

 

“We just don’t want you to miss any of the show!” Lance spoke up, acting just as weird as his friend.

 

“Guys, I’ve seen this show a hundred times now. It’s ok if I miss a song.” I rolled my eyes. Why are they acting so strange?

 

“Be right back with that margarita!” Justin said before he walked away quickly. 

 

I looked at Bianca questionably and she shrugged her shoulders at me. I decided to let it go and turned my attention back to the stage.

 

 

“I’d like to slow it down a bit.” JC announced, wiping his forehead with a towel. 

 

“As you may or may not know, this is my last show of this tour so it’s a very special night to me.  A year ago if you would’ve asked me if I’d be back on a stage, I would’ve politely said no. I was content with being behind the scenes and truthfully, after the way things went before for me as a solo artist, I was lacking that confidence I needed to get back on stage.”

 

I smiled, feeling extremely proud of everything he has accomplished.

 

“I met someone who makes me feel like the most confident man in the world. I can literally take on anything if she’s by my side. Well, she’s here tonight and I want to just show her how much she means to me.”

 

I gasped as I looked around at my friends, who didn’t seem the least bit surprised at what was happening. They must have all been in on this. This is why they were acting so strange!

 

JC grabbed a chair from opposite side of the stage and set in in the middle of the stage. He then looked directly at me and motioned for me to come onstage. I froze not knowing what to do. Thankfully where I was standing no one in the audience could see me yet. I felt a slight push from Bianca as my feet carried me onstage towards JC.

 

He met me halfway and took my hand in his, leading me to the chair. I took a seat and looked out into the crowd of screaming fans and immediately got nervous. 

 

Just then, the pianist started to play and JC began to sing.

 

We've been together for a while now

We're growing stronger everyday now

It feels so good and there is no doubt

I will stay with you

 

He sang looking deep into my eyes as he held my hand. I found myself getting completely enamored by his smooth, velvety voice and all the emotion that he was conveying, and I was no longer worried about the thousands of fans staring back at us. It was just me and JC in this moment, lost in each other eyes.

 

 

Oh I will stay with you through the ups and the downs

Yes I will stay with you when no one else is around

And when the dark clouds arrive

I will stay by your side

And I know we'll be alright

I will stay with you

 

JC had sung to me so many times before, but none of those times compared to this. He wasn’t singing these words for me to hear them. He was singing so I would FEEL them.

 

And I did. My heart swelled and tears welled up in my eyes as I hung on to every single word.

 

And in the end I know that we'll find

Love so beautiful and divine

And we'll be lovers for a lifetime

And I'll stay with you

 

As the song came to a close, JC kneeled before me, reaching up to wipe the tears that had begun to fall from my eyes. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box.

 

My eyes grew wide as I watched in anticipation of what he was doing next. This couldn’t be! Was he really doing this? Right now? In front of 20,000 fans?

 

I looked at him, wide eyed, mouth agape. He smiled and put his head down as if trying to find the courage to say what he wanted to say.

 

“Layla Marie Roberts, these past couple of months have shown me that you are everything I could ever want in a partner. You are funny, smart, extremely thoughtful and loving. You have shown me that you would do anything for me, including quitting your job and flying across the US to tell me you love me. “ he chuckled recalling that memory. I managed to laugh a long with him even though my heart was beating out of my chest.

 

“I know this is crazy, but I know we aren’t getting any younger and I want to spend the rest of my days loving you."

 

He opened the box to reveal a ring with a solitaire diamond that sparkled under the spotlight. 

 

“Will you marry me?”

Chapter End Notes:

Song: Stay With You - John Legend



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial oral boyfriendjc showersex producerjc