"Do you want to talk about what made you so upset?" JC and I had arrived back at my house from our disaster of a date. Ok, well the date part itself wasn't a disaster. Just running into my ex's current girlfriend, baby's mama, whatever she is and having her brag about them expecting a baby together is what ruined the night. 


I made a beeline for the fridge as soon as we stepped foot inside the door and popped open the bottle of Moscato JC had brought over. I poured myself a generous cup and one for JC as well. 


We were standing at the kitchen island. I was on one side and JC on the other. I brought the wine glass to my lips and took a big sip.

"While I was in the bathroom, I ran into my ex's current girlfriend. The one he cheated on me with and left me for."


JC nodded and looked at me sympathetically. "Did she say something to you?"


"Yeah... She told me that they are expecting." Saying the words out loud was harder than I thought. I felt the tears coming to the surface again.


"Wow. I'm sorry, Layla. How long ago was this relationship with your ex?" 


"We broke up 6 months ago." I took another large sip, hoping this wine would make me feel better. And fast.


"I see. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" He offered.


I sighed and smiled at him from my side of the kitchen island. "Just being here is enough. I'm sorry I let other people ruin our date."


JC walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. "Hey, it's ok. There will be plenty of other dates ahead and this one will just be a memory."


I rested my head against his chest and he placed a kiss on the top of my head. Being in his arms felt so amazing. JC was so caring and patient. He could have easily just dropped me off at home and sped the fuck out of here. Or even worse, left my crying ass at the restaurant. He deserved to know the truth about Austin. That he wasn't just an ex, but my ex-HUSBAND. Once again, I failed to mention that part tonight. I mean it was already a drama-filled evening and I didn't need to add to that.


"Hey, I know something that will make you feel better." JC said.


"Hmm?" I pulled away and looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. "Are you talking about sex?"


JC laughed that terribly cute laugh of his and said "No, I wasn't, but hey... I won't turn it down."


I probably would've been way more embarrassed if I hadn't already finished my glass of wine, and let's not forget the fact that JC saw my ugly cry face earlier tonight as well. 


"Ha Ha. Ok, what were you talking about then?" I inquired.


"Let's dance."


"Dance? Right here?"

"Yeah, why not?" He shrugged.

JC walked over to my radio and switched it on and the sound of country music came on. I stifled a laugh at the sight of JC's face. "Didn't take you for a country music fan, girl." He laughed.

"Hush, I like to listen to it sometimes. The songs are really like story telling. Don't knock it until you try it."

"I'll take your word for it." He turned the radio to the next station and 'Truly Madly Deeply" By Savage Garden was playing. Oh, the nostalgia. 

"I LOVE this song." I gushed and began to hum along.

"Perfect." JC said and pulled me back close to him, his hands on either side of my hips. I placed my arms around his neck and we began to sway to the song. I was still feeling some residual sadness, but in this moment, all that mattered was being with JC and listening to this song. 

You don't have to close your eyes

Cause it's standing right before you

All that you need will surely come


I'll be your dream,

I'll be your wish,

I'll be your fantasy

 


I'll be your hope,

I'll be your love,

Be everything that you need
I'll love you more with every breath

Truly, madly, deeply do

 


I was standing in my kitchen dancing with this beautiful man and listening to this beautiful song. The words seemed so relevant. And JC was right, I was feeling better. Things were getting better for me and I needed to accept it and welcome it instead of running from it. Dwelling on the past was only going to keep me there. It was time to move forward.


JC moved his body closer to mine and his arms circled around my back. We locked eyes and JC licked his lips and leaned in for a soft kiss. I deepened the kiss and allowed my tongue to explore his mouth and he welcomed it by doing the same. I tasted the wine on his lips and it made me want more. We continued kissing long after the song ended and a different song came on. I couldn't tell you what songs came on after because they were tuned out when we began kissing.


I pulled away to catch my breath because goodness, it was getting hot in here. 


"Feel better, sweetie?" JC asked.


"Absolutely. Thank you." 


"Anytime." He smiled. "What do you want to do now?" He asked.


I knew what I wanted to do but I still felt like it was too soon to take that step. However, I did know that I didn't want JC to leave anytime soon. Hell, I didn't want him to leave at all.


"I'm exhausted. I think the crying and wine has caught up to me. I just want to lay down. Will you hold me?" I asked.


"I'd love to."


I took his hand in mine and led him to my bedroom. I kicked off my boots and stripped down to just my shirt and panties. JC followed suit, and took his shoes and pants off leaving just his shirt and boxer briefs on. We climbed into my bed and I pulled the duvet over us. I laid with my back to JC and he curved his body against mine and placed his hand across my stomach.


"JC?" I asked.


"Hmm?" He answered half sleep. I felt his breath tickle my neck. 


"Will you stay with me tonight?"


"Of course, baby." He kissed my neck softly and hugged me a little tighter. 


I could stay like this forever.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm really enjoying writing this story and I'm loving the feedback! Thanks yall! :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial oral boyfriendjc showersex producerjc