Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the delay. My daughter's birthday was this past week so party planning took up all my free time. Hope the next chapters were worth the wait!

I got home from JC's and my mind was still on overdrive. I busied myself around the house, cleaning and making myself dinner. After dinner, I sat down on my couch and switched on the TV. I checked my phone numerous times to see if JC had called or texted. I was mentally going over every little thing he could be doing with Karly right now.

After watching a couple of shows, I decided to take a long, hot bubble bath to relax. I sat in the tub and thought about the events that went on today. I wanted to know why Karly didn't like me and why JC ignored me once she got there. As much I wanted to know, a part of me was scared to know the truth. Or what I thought was the truth.

I began to relax in the bathtub and got out around 10pm. I put on some comfy pajamas and decided to get in bed. I wondered why JC hadn't called yet, but I wasn't going to call him.

At some point, I drifted off to sleep and awoke to the sound of my cellphone ringing. I checked the clock on my nightstand and it read 12:04 AM. 

Who is calling me after midnight?

"Hello?" I answered sleepily without looking at the display.

"Hey baby. Did I wake you?" JC said on the other end.

"Yeah. It's okay though. What are you doing? Did you just finish in the studio?" I asked curiously.

"No, we finished around 8pm. Then, we decided to go out with a couple of our friends."

A pang of jealousy went through me. JC and Karly went out TOGETHER? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was I dreaming?

"Oh." Was the only response I could come up with.

"Yeah, so I was just calling to tell you goodnight. I know you have to work in the morning. I'll see you tomorrow, ok? Goodnight sweetie."

"Goodnight JC." I said and ended the call.

Maybe I'm not girlfriend material for a guy who is a celebrity and has beautiful women around him all the time. I was starting to second guess this relationship and it had just begun. I sighed and rolled over and hoped I could go back to sleep soon. I was so not looking forward to going to work with all of this on my mind.

______________________

The next day, I was leaving work to head home after a shitty day. I was overwhelmed with patients today and it was a stressful shift. I got in my car and started out of the garage and dialed JC's number by habit. It was becoming my after work routine to phone JC as soon as I got out of work.

"Hey beautiful. How was work?" was how he greeted me. JC never failed to make me gush by calling me beautiful, or any other sweet adjective he decided to use that day.

"Hey Jace. It was shitty."

"I'm sorry. Wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"Not really. What are you doing?"

"Just finished up some studio stuff with Karly. Are you going straight home? I'll meet you there with dinner." He offered.

I winced at the mention of Karly. Can this bitch just disappear already?

"That sounds great. See you soon."

"Drive safe! Muah!" JC kissed into the phone and the call ended.

How can I really be upset with him when he was so cute?
_____________________________________


I pulled into my driveway to see JC's car already parked there idling. We got out of our cars at the same time and started towards the front door. JC smiled at me with a bag of food in his hands. He greeted me with a light kiss on the cheek.

Once inside, we started towards the kitchen. JC grabbed plates and silverware and ordered me to sit down at the kitchen table as he put the food on our plates andtook a seat across from me.

We ate in an awkward silence for a couple of minutes. My mind was on his sessions with Karly and the events that happened the day before in his studio. I wanted to be the non-confrontational, easy-going girlfriend but a part of me wanted to ask what was up with him and Karly. I guess JC read the thoughtful expression on my face.

"Layla. What's wrong?" He asked.

"What's going on with you and Karly?" I asked surprising myself with how direct I was being for once. Way to ease into the conversation, Layla. 

JC stopped shoving chicken alfredo in his mouth briefly and placed his fork down. "What do you mean? She's an artist I work with.."

"I mean, it seems like there is a little more there than just an artist you work with. When she showed up yesterday, you nearly forgot I was there." I avoided eye contact and focused on pushing the food around on my plate.

"I just got caught up in my work. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel that way."

"You didn't answer my question." I finally looked up at him. My brown eyes meeting his blue ones.

"Look, um, I'm going to be honest. Karly and I used to casually date. We went on a couple of dates. It never really went anywhere. We decided we were better off as working colleagues and friends and not boyfriend and girlfriend. I don't have any romantic feelings for her." JC looked at me sincerely. I searched his eyes looking for any hint of dishonesty and didn't find any.

"Ok. I wish I would have known this. Does she have feelings for you?"

"I'm sorry. I should have told you that we have dated before." He scratched his head briefly and looked away then back at me. "And I'm not sure if she has feelings for me or not... BUT that doesn't matter to me. I'm with you. The only feelings that matter to me are yours."

My heart fluttered in that moment. I needed that reassurance and here he was, providing it and putting my concerns at bay. For now.

"It still makes me uncomfortable that you guys go out together." I voiced.

JC nodded. "Ok. Won't happen again. Unless you're with me."

"Trust me, I do not want to go out with her even with you." I rolled my eyes.

JC laughed and shook his head. "Ok, ok." He stood up and walked over to the sink to clean his plate. I followed suit and rinsed mine as well.

"Are you staying tonight?" I asked looking up at him with pleading eyes. "I'm so lonely when you're not here."

JC chuckled. "Sure. We have to get you a dog or something to keep company when I'm not here."

"Hush. I'd rather just have you." I wrapped my arms around his neck as he enveloped me in a tight hug.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial oral boyfriendjc showersex producerjc