Story Notes:

Please note, that I never change the female protagonist in any of my stories. It kind of makes sense to me, as the *NSYNC characters are always the same, as well. But Eve’s personality varies, as well as her background does. This time I’m not trying to build the events into the real world timeline. For more flexibility, I’ll modify certain things, like JC’s job situation. But it’s not an alternate universe. 

As always, thank you very much for your interest. I hope you enjoy.

November, 2014


„Thank you! Keep the rest!“ Eve said to the cashier, before rushing to the exit.


She was busy removing the price tag from the white blouse she just bought at Macy’s. As she left the store, she hastily opened the backseat door of the taxi, which was waiting for her at the entrance. 


„Move!“ she shouted.


The driver immediately started the engine and left the parking lot.


„I’m sorry you witness this, but I need to change my shirt here. There is no time left,“ she apologized, while opening the buttons of the blouse she was wearing. 


The driver glanced into his mirror for a second, before giving his attention back to the traffic.


„Stop panicking. We’re almost there,“ he tried to calm her down. 


Eve got rid of her blouse, having a big coffee spot on its front. 


„You’re such an idiot, Eve. Why those things happen to you all the time?“ she blamed herself in her thoughts. 


Quickly she put her new blouse on, being relieved that it fitted well. Then the grabbed a brush out of her Louis Vuitton tote to bring her long blond hair back to order. Finally she looked for her red lipstick and refreshed it quickly. At the same time the driver parked the car in front of a skyscraper. 


„How do I look?“ she asked him. 


The driver turned around and gave her a cheeky smile. 


„You look hot. I would hire you, without even talking to you.“ 


Eve shook her head, smiling back at him. Then she grabbed some cash out of her bag. 


„Here. Thank you. You saved me,“ she said, giving him the money. 


„You’re sure? That’s way too much.“ He asked, staring at the fifty dollar bill. 


Eve nodded and gave him another bright smile, before leaving his car. 


„Good luck!“ He said.


„Thank you. Have a great day.“ She replied, before shutting the door. 



„Shit, shit, shit…“ Eve was talking to herself, as she reached the reception. 


„What can I do for you?“ the receptionist asked friendly.


„Hi!“ she replied, being a little out of breath.


„I have an appointment with Mr… um… Chasez…? Did I pronounce it right?“ 


„Yes, you did. What’s your name, please?“ 


„Eve Harper.“ 


„I see. You’re having a job interview, right?“


„Yes. That’s me.“


The receptionist smiled and put a visitor pass out of her drawer. Then she gave it to Eve.


„Chasez Records is on the fiftieth floor. The elevators are on the left hand side.“ 


„Thank you.“ Eve said nervously, grabbing the pass. 


As she finally reached the elevators, she pressed the button and checked her wrist watch.


„Damn it. You’re officially late.“ she thought. 



JC was sitting at his desk in his office. While staring at the screen in front of him, he grabbed the handset of his landline.


„Yes, JC?“ Nicole answered.


She was working at the front desk at Chasez Records, being 39 years old. She was having shoulder-length black curls, dark eyes and a curvy body shape.


„What happened to my 2 PM appointment?“ He asked her. 


„Um, the applicant just arrived.“ Nicole answered. 


JC checked the time.


„She’s late.“ 


„Yap. Still wanna see her?“ 


He sighed.


„Ya. Let her in.“ 



Eve was standing in front of Nicole’s desk, being nervous. She noticed, that Nicole was talking about her at the phone and flushed a little. Nicole smiled friendly, as she finished the call. 


„Lucky you. The boss is in a good mood today.“ Nicole said, giving her a wink.


„What that supposed to mean?“ Eve asked irritated. 


„Look, he’s a little difficult. But don’t worry. I have a good feeling with you.“


Eve raised her eyebrows. 


„What kind of difficult?“ she wanted to know. 


„Hard to explain. Now go, he’s waiting for you.“ Nicole said, pointing at the glass door next to her desk. „Turn right and keep going. His office is at the end. You can’t miss it.“ 


Eve cracked a smile, thanked her and entered the open space office. She got distracted by the impressive view outside at L.A. downtown through the giant windows. Without watching her step she turned right. In the very next second she run into a man with a take away coffee cup in his hand. As they bumped into each other, his coffee spilled all over her new blouse.


„Oh shit!“ The man shouted, as he realized what just happened. 


„Hot! Jesus! This is so hot!“ Eve yelled. 


She grabbed the wet fabric and pulled it away from her body. 


„I’m so sorry!“ The man immediately apologized. 


Their eyes met for a short moment. 


„Oh… wow…“ Both were thinking. 


Eve needed to admit, that he was brutally attractive. He was having ocean blue eyes and dirty blond hair, which style reminded her of James Dean. His face was smooth and fresh shaved. 


„Stop staring at him!“


She forced herself looking away and focused on her messed up shirt again. 


„This must be a joke.“ she talked to herself. 


The man frowned. 


„A joke?“


She scoffed. 


This is the second time this happens to me in the last half hour. I just bought this blouse. The universe is playing against me today.“ 


The man smiled sheepishly. 


„Um, please let me pay for your dry cleaning.“


„I run into you, not the way around,“ Eve replied. 


„Still, I feel the urge to make things right.“


Eve looked at him again, suddenly having an idea.


„You really wanna help?“


„Of course.“


„Then lend me your shirt.“


The man raised his eyebrows.


„Excuse me?“


„Look. I have a job interview and I’m already late. I can’t go there in this condition. I mean, look at me,“ she explained, pointing at the giant coffee spot on her blouse. 


„You can’t be serious.“ The man stammered. 


„Please,“ she said, giving him a desperate look. 


„I don’t wear anything under my shirt.“


„But you have a jacket. You can wait for me at the front desk. I’ll return your shirt when my interview is over.“


He was processing, not being sure what to do next. Eve realized, that she asked for too much. And she was running out of time.


„Okay, um… sorry for asking… this was stupid… I need to go…“


Before she continued walking, the man changed his mind. 


„Fine, I’ll give you my shirt. There’s a restroom.“ He said, pointing at the door right next to them. 


„Really?“


„Really.“


Eve smiled all over her face. Both went into the men’s bathroom. Luckily no one else was around. When the door closed, she immediately started opening the buttons of her blouse. 


„Ummm…“ the man stammered.


He didn’t expect her undressing herself right in front of his face.


„This is an emergency. And I’m sure you’ve seen a bra before, right?“ She said boldly, giving him a wink. 


The man didn’t know how to reply and begun unbuttoning his white shirt, as well. 


„Here,“ he said, when he dressed it off. 


She took it and glanced at his perfect shaped chest, while he was busy not staring at her breasts. Hectically Eve put his shirt on. As it was way too big for her petite body shape, she pushed the fabric into her black pencil skirt and pulled up the sleeves. 


„What do you say? Oversize is trendy nowadays, right?“ she asked.


He needed to admit, that his shirt looked good on her.


„I guess this works,“ he said, smiling. 


Eve smiled back and put her dirty blouse into her tote. 


„I need to hurry. See you later. And thank you,“ she replied, before rushing out of the bathroom. 


The man put on his leather jacket and closed it. Then he went to the front desk, sat down in the waiting area and grabbed a magazine from the coffee table. Nicole was watching the scene. 


„Everything okay?“ She asked curiously. 


„Hm? Ya... I’m fine. Just ignore my presence.“ He replied. 


„How on earth could I ever ignore Justin Timberlake’s presence?“ Nicole was thinking. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story