Eve reached JC’s office and saw him staring at his screen through the glass wall. The door was open. She stopped in the doorstep and cleared her throat. 


„Hi.“ She said, with a bright smile on her face. 


JC turned his head in her direction. Their eyes met. And suddenly the world stop turning.


„What is this? Do you have a heart attack? Are you dying?“ Eve was thinking. 


She didn’t understand what was happening to her. Her heartbeat was suddenly out of control. She stared at JC, not being able looking away. 


„Fuck.“ JC was thinking. 


He stared back at her, like she was the most beautiful thing he ever saw in his life. 


„Do something. Do something!“ JC talked to himself in his mind. 


„Ms. Harper,“ he finally said, still staring. 


Eve nodded, giving him another charming smile. 


„Focus, Eve. Don’t screw this up. Please don’t screw this up,“ she thought. 


„Please come in,“ JC added, pointing at the chair opposite of his desk. 


Eve came closer, put her bag at the floor and sat down. JC was still piercing her with his deep blue eyes. He was intimidating her with his gaze, but she tried hard not to show it. 


„He’s too hot. You can’t work for a man like him. It’s too much. Damn it. Why must he be so handsome?“ Eve was thinking. 


JC’s dark brown hair was long on top and short on his sides. He was wearing black framed glasses and having a three day beard, which suited him very well. He was wearing a black button down shirt, black jeans and white sneakers. Eve assumed he must be a decade older than her.


JC was still staring. He was sure, that he never saw such big light blue eyes in his life before. Her devil read lips looked delicious. He wondered how they tasted. She was dressed a little too formal for a job interview at an independent record label. But he liked her hot secretary style. Especially her high heels. 


„She’s too sexy. You can’t hire her. This would be torture.“ 


„Um, is everything alright?“ Eve asked carefully and brought him back to reality. 


JC felt caught and cleared his throat. Then he gave her a stern look.


„You’re late,“ he blamed her. 


„This is true. And I know it sounds like a lame excuse, but due to certain circumstances I needed to change my clothes.“ 


JC raised his eyebrows. 


„Certain circumstances?“


„There was coffee on my shirt,“ she explained. „But you can be sure off, that punctuality is a serious thing for me. I’m German.“ 


She smiled, hoping this would be the icebreaker. But it wasn’t. JC continued looking at her with no sign of sympathy. Then he gave his attention to a piece of paper, lying on the desk. Eve noticed, it was her CV. He took the document, before continuing their conversation. 


„You work for an IT enterprise as an executive assistant for almost ten years. What’s the reason you’re looking for another job?“


„It’s a German company. My boss was relocated to our headquarter in Los Angeles two years ago and asked me to joined him. Now it’s time for him going back to Germany. But I wanna stay in L.A.“


„I see,“ JC replied. „Why you don’t wanna go back home, if I may ask?“


„I build up a new life here and it doesn’t feel right to leave,“ Eve tried to explain. 


JC nodded, thinking she must be in a serious relationship. He put her CV aside and leaned into his chair. 


„Why you wanna work for the music industry? Are you having any kind of affinity to this business?“ he wanted to know next. 


„Yes, I do.“ Eve lied, without turning red. 


The truth was she didn’t care much about music. Of course she liked listening to current songs in the radio on her way to the office. And she always enjoyed dancing in clubs or parties to any kind of music style. But she was never truly interested in a specific genre or supporting any bands or artists, even when she was younger. 


„What are you listening to?“ JC wanted to know. 


Eve realized she should have prepared herself a little better. She needed a moment, before she answered. 


„Nirvana.“ 


JC raised his eyebrows again. 


„I didn’t expect that,“ he admitted. 


„Shit, Eve. From all bands on that planet, why you’ve chosen this one?“ she blamed herself in her thoughts. 


„Um… Kurt was very inspiring back in those days,“ she tried to explain. 


„Oh really? Why?“ JC continued asking. 


„Um… well, he was different…“ 


„Different comparing to what?“ 


„To all the pop trash from the nineties. It was terribly annoying. But then there was Kurt with his disturbing lyrics and even more disturbing video clips. He caught my attention and I open up myself to this kind of music,“ she continued lying. 


JC frowned.


„Explain pop trash.“ 


„Well, um. Everything sounded the same way. The worst part were all this tragic boyband ballads, giving desperate teenage girls a completely wrong idea about romantic relationships. Luckily that trend is over for a while now.“


„Did she really just said that?“ JC was talking to himself in his mind. 


„Did you prepare yourself for this interview?“ 


She flushed a little, feeling caught. Then she took a deep breath. 


„I admit, that I don’t have much knowledge about this kind of business. But I’m not applying as a talent scout or a promoter. Neither I believe my personal music taste is relevant for the job as an assistant. I can work in any kind of industry. My job is to organize and support you to run this firm properly. This is my area of expertise.“


„I agree to this, Ms. Harper. Still it would have made sense, if you had researched, at least, with who you’re dealing here,“ JC said harshly.  


Eve stared at him, having no idea what he was trying to say. 


„Well done. You screwed up. And you even don’t know why,“ she thought. 


JC realized that she was completely flustered and suddenly felt sorry. He knew he overreacted. It happened to him pretty often. He grabbed her CV again, before he continued talking. 


„Your salary expectations are above average,“ he said. 


„I don’t think so,“ Eve replied boldly. 


She was convinced, there was no chance for her getting the job and lost her motivation to show herself from her best side. JC looked at her again. 


„I’m not paying 70 grand per year for this position,“ he added. 


„Why not?“ Eve talked back. 


„I don’t owe you any explanation,“ he said arrogantly.


„Beautiful from outside. Ugly from inside. That’s what you are.“ Eve was judging him in her thoughts. 


„Okay, looks like we’re finished here,“ she replied and stood up in the same moment. „Thank you for your time, Mr. Chasez.“ 


„She has balls,“ he was thinking. 


JC didn’t expect her acting this way. Obviously she didn’t rely on getting the job. He stared at her butt, as she was leaving his office. Her hour glass body shape was too much for his nerves. He felt himself getting hard. 


„She’s too hot. And too tough. You can’t have her here. You just can’t.“



On her way back to the front desk, Eve closed her eyes and took another deep breath. 


„What now? You need a new job. You can’t stay without a new job…“ 


She entered the entrance area, seeing Justin sitting at one sofa. He looked at her and raised his eyebrows. 


„So? You got the job?“ he asked curiously. 


Eve smiled at him and shook her head. 


„Come. Let me give you your shirt back,“ she said. 


Justin stood up and followed her to the restroom. Nicole was watching the scene and asking herself what was going on between them. 


Justin noticed, that she was disappointed, as she started unbuttoning his shirt. 


„What happened?“ he wanted to know. 


Eve returned his shirt. He got rid of his jacket and begun dressing it on, while she did the same with her dirty blouse. 


„The boss is an asshole,“ she answered. 


Justin chuckled. 


„What’s so funny?“ she wanted to know. 


„Um, nothing. I’m sorry things didn’t work out,“ he replied. 


Eve sighed. 


„You know what? It’s my fault. I should have prepared myself better.“


„Why would you say that?“ 


„I believe I made an inappropriate comment about pop music. Then he turned upset.“ 


Justin bit his lips, trying hard not to laugh. Evie noticed and frowned. 


„Who are you? Are you working here?“ she wanted to know. 


„I’m Justin. And I’m not working here. What’s your name?“ 


„I’m Eve. And I’m not working here, either.“ 


Both started giggling. 


„Why are you here, then?“ she wanted to know next. 


„I visited my best friend for lunch.“


„I see.“


Eve looked at him, still smiling. 


„I think I owe you a coffee,“ she said next. 


„No, you don’t.“ 


„You lend your beautiful Armani shirt to a complete stranger, who made you spill your coffee. I really think you deserve a new one.“ 


Justin smirked. 


„Fine. If it makes you feel better.“ 


„Definitely it does.“ 


Both left the bathroom and returned to the front desk. 


„See you around, Nicole,“ Justin said. 


„Bye Justin,“ she replied. 


Eve said goodbye as well and followed Justin to the elevators. 


„Did she hooked Justin up?“ Nicole wondered. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story