Author's Chapter Notes:

12/14/22- this chapter was supposed to be posted on Sunday, oops...

They had stayed snuggled on the lounge that Justin was in in the movie room, talking about anything and everything and nothing at all.  He ran his fingers through her hair, just holding her for a while as she drifted off to sleep.  He followed soon thereafter in the warmth of their embrace.


He woke up gently, feeling Mikayla shift in his arms, smiling softly and laying a gentle kiss on her head. He stroked her back, almost like he was petting an animal, with slow, loving strokes.


He felt her shift again, her head turning to look up at him. “I love you,” she said softly. 


“I love you, too.  What should we do next?  Wife’s choice.”


“Mmmm, I think a bath for two, then dinner and cuddle back here for some Netflix and chill, as the kids say.  I admit, I wonder how JC is doing with the kids…”


“We’ll see them tomorrow, I’m sure they’re fine.”



“I win!” Barb cheered triumphantly as she placed her marker on King Kandy’s Castle.


“Did she cheat?” Joshy asked hopefully.


“No, she won fair and square.  Sometimes you just get rotten luck. You both did better than I did,” JC chuckled. “I clearly need to brush up on my Candy Land.  Maybe you can play with your cousins at Christmas…”


“I don’t think the boys will want to play Candy Land,” Barb said.


“Well, you have a girl cousin on my side. My brother, your uncle Tyler has a girl about your age.  She’s gonna a big sister soon, just like you are.  They’re all gonna come out here for Christmas, so you’ll have another girl to play with.”


“Finally,” Barb sighed.


“Hey!” Joshy replied, insulted.


“You’re my brother, I have to like you… And our old cousins are big, they don’t like the stuff we do.”


“They still play with us, read to us.”


“But it’s all boy stuff,” Barb sneered.


“I get it.  Your aunt Heather had a hard time. She went from being an only child to getting an older brother, me, and a younger brother, Tyler, all in a pretty short time.”


“Had you met her before? That you became her big brother?”


“Well, the mom and dad I have now aren’t my real mom and dad. They love me like they’re my real parents, but they adopted me, made me part of their family.”


“What about your real mommy and daddy?” Joshy asked. 


“I never met my dad, but my mom did the best she could in raising me. She couldn’t give me what she knew I needed, so I went to live with a new mom and dad,” JC explained. 


“Is that what Mommy and Daddy are doing? Leaving us with you?” Barb asked, afraid of the answer.


“Absolutely not. They will be back tomorrow to pick you up and go home. They just needed some time for grown ups, and I want to get to know you better.”


“Did Daddy adopt us if you’re our real daddy?” Joshy asked. 


“Kinda, yeah.  Even with my mom, she loved me a lot, I still talk to her, but she did what was best for me.  Your Daddy stepped in because Mommy and I were mad at each other, and that’s not something babies should be around. I really wanna be a good dad to you two, the one you deserved. You have a great dad already, but now you’ll have two.”


“A girl at school has two mommies,” Barb said.


“That’s probably a little different,” JC chuckled. “But so my sister had to learn to be ok being the only girl, not getting all the attention.  Mommy’s gonna have a baby in a few months, and she and Daddy will need to give the baby a lot of love and attention. I’ll be C around to spend time with you.  They won’t stop loving you, and I’m here to love you, too.”


“You loved Mommy before Daddy did?” Joshy asked. 


“I did. I should have asked her to marry me, but I didn’t.”


“Why not?” Barb asked. 


“I liked how things were. We loved each other, we were wishing for a baby, I didn’t think we needed to get married on top of that. It wouldn’t mean we loved each other more because we got married.  I’d even asked your grandpa Miguel’s permission to marry her when we first fell in love. I was too afraid to actually do it, and I lost Mommy for a while. Now things are ok and I get to see you.”


“Do you still love Mommy?” Joshy asked. 


“I do.  I love Mommy very much. But she’s married to Daddy, so there’s not a lot you can do about it.”


“You could fight Daddy for her, like in the movies!”


“We’ve kinda actually done that already. Not physical fighting, but yeah.  That’s why things are changing, so that I can be your dad, but he gets to stay Daddy too.  And you know grandpa Paul isn’t your daddy’s real daddy, right?”


“Yeah.”


“So it’s like that. It’s just extra people to love you, and that’s pretty special.  You get a whole new bunch of people to love you that are my family.”


“Can we play a different game now?” Joshy asked.  “Do you have Chutes and Ladders?”


“I think I grabbed that, let me check.  If not, we can play with Legos or something…”


“When’s dinner?” Joshy asked.


“You getting a little hungry?  Ummm, dinner isn’t for a while, but we can have a snack.  I grabbed apple slices, I hear you guys LOVE apple slices…”


“With peanut butter?” Barb asked, her eyes getting big.


“Mommy didn't tell me about that, but I’m pretty sure I have that lying around.  Sometimes I just want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of milk.”


“Yup, you’re my dad,” Joshy smiled.  Barb frowned a little. “That’s one of my favorites.  Can I have that with a couple apple slices?” Joshy requested.


“Barb, you want the same?” JC asked.


“I’ll just take the apple slices and some peanut butter please…”


“Go sit at the table and I’ll whip those right up.  Barb, you want milk with your apples?”


“Sure,” she said, noncommittally.


JC went into the kitchen, pulling the pre-cut apple slices out of the fridge along with the jelly, grabbing the peanut butter and bread as well.  He made their plates before making his own sandwich and glass of milk.


After their snack they played another game before playing with Legos and Barb’s dolls in their room.  It soon morphed into the boys being sucked into playing doctor, Barb using her dress up kit to play the part.  JC exaggerated his varying ailments, a smile sneaking from the corners of her mouth.  


“Alright, time for dinner.  You guys play in here for a bit, I’ll make the burgers.”


“I thought we were gonna have chicken nuggets…”


“I forgot, I’m sorry.  I wanted to try and actually make something, not just put something in the oven or microwave.”


“Mommy said you can’t cook…” Barb said.


“I can put burgers down and flip ‘em.  You’ll have to tell her all about them when you see her tomorrow.  Cheese?”


They gave a look that pretty much said that was a given, smiling as he walked into the kitchen.  The day had gone well, feeling more like a dad and less like watching someone else’s kids.  He put a little seasoning on the patties, cooking them on the pan.  He cut one open to check for thorough cooking for the twins, making that one be for himself.


He walked down the hall, getting the twins to wash their hands before sitting down at the table.  They had burgers with the top bun off so they could put whatever condiments they wanted on top, a decent helping of french fries and more apple slices, each with another glass of milk.


“Take a picture and send it to Mommy.  She’ll be impressed.  You’re getting as good as Daddy,” Joshy smiled.

 

JC grabbed his phone, sending a quick text to Mikayla.  I made dinner all by myself.  The house didn't burn down and the kids are in one piece.  Joshy said you would be impressed.  Sorry to interrupt, but wanted you to see I can do more than DoorDash.  Love you.

 

He checked his phone periodically during dinner, the message never moving beyond being sent.  He was sure she was busy, but he was trying to not think of what she might be busy doing.



“Dinner was amazing, babe.  You ready for some Netflix and Chill?” Mikayla asked.


“Mmmm, I have the perfect movie to watch for this.”


Mikayla cocked an eyebrow, curious by what he meant.  Justin took her hand and led her to the movie room. He sat down on one of the lounge chairs, Mikayla settling in between his legs. 


Justin pulled up the movie he wanted, a smirk stealing across his face. She turned to look at him as she realized what movie it was. “Really? 50 Shades of Grey?”


“I thought maybe it’ll give us ideas, or we’ll be too busy fucking to care.”


“Let’s at least get a little bit into it before we start anything,” she replied, excited for where the night would lead her.


She looked at Justin the first time Christian Grey came on screen.  “I’ve got my own Christian Grey…”


“Pretty sure you’ve got two,” he smirked.


“You’re not wrong.  I’m well taken care of. How did I get so lucky all those years ago?”


“Meeting JC? You can thank Jive for that one… It’s one of many reasons I left the label after my second album.”


“It’s amazing how beautiful things can come from something terrible.  With everything that happened with Josh that led him to me, then everything that led me to you…”


“I’m ready for the chill part of Netflix and chill,” he growled low, kissing her neck.  “Ready to ignore the movie for our own sex scene?”


“Mmmm, that sounds fantastic,” she purred, turning to kiss him, her legs moving to straddle his body. Their kisses are hot and deep from the start.  Mikayla smiled as she rolled her hips against his, feeling how ready he already was. She really did have two amazing sexy men to not only fulfill her urges and fantasies, but to love her and the twins.


They began pulling clothing off, hands wandering to pleasure each other. Grabbing hips, fingers weaving into hair, lips seeking skin to nip and suck. 


Mikayla’s phone began to ring. “Ignore it, babe.  Whatever it is can wait, I need you now,” Justin groaned. 


He pulled her underwear off, ready for her, when her phone rang again.  “For the love of GOD, people!  Terrible timing!  I’m not stopping, you feel too good, baby, and it’s gonna get better…”


His hips aligned with hers when Justin’s phone rang. “Justin, this must be serious if they’re calling you now…”


Justin groaned, crossing the room to his phone.  “It’s JC.”


Mikayla ripped his phone from him, picking up the call.


“Josh, what’s wrong?” she asked, out of breath.


“Did I interrupt something?” JC asked, feeling guilty but still needing her. 


“Yes, but clearly this is important.  What’s wrong?  Am I hearing screaming?”

 

“Yeah… Barb is having a meltdown… I need your help, Kay…”

Chapter End Notes:

A great cliffhanger...  well, at least you get the rest of it now :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story