Author's Chapter Notes:

12/18/22

JC parked his Jeep in Justin’s driveway, Mikayla and the kids getting out, the four of them heading into the house.


Mikayla smelled coffee and breakfast cooking, if not finished. 


“Justin, it’s Father’s Day, I should be cooking for you like I did for JC,” Mikayla sighed. 


“Is this why you had me bring them back, told me to come in?” JC wondered.


“I thought we should all eat together, so you aren’t left out on the actual day,” Justin said softly. 


“I had all day yesterday,” JC sighed. “I got plenty of love.”  He stepped closer to Justin. “Barb said she loves me and called me Daddy, I’m set…”


“Wow, I’m curious to hear about that later,” Justin said, opening his arms to hug his friend. “Stay for breakfast so you’re not alone. I made plenty.”


“You say that like you did it all by yourself,” Jackie said, walking into the room.


“Did you stay here last night?” Mikayla asked, her brain going a mile a minute on why their nanny was there without the twins.


“I thought it would be nice and asked Justin yesterday.  He said you guys were doing stuff for JC, and that he got you guys today.  I got here this morning to get things started.”


“Thank you,” JC smiled, Mikayla still unsure.  


Justin noticed the look on her face, gently pulling Mikayla into the hall.  “What’s on your mind?”


“It seems an odd coincidence that she’s here this morning when she didn’t have to be.”


“She came to the beach house to make us breakfast for your birthday.  Are you jealous, thinking that I’d have a little something with her when you’re not here?”


“She’s a fan, you’re alone more, she already has a key…”


“I’ll show you after the twins go to bed that you’re the only woman I want.”


“Good, I’d better be dead before you look at another woman…”


“Even then it would be a while,” Justin said, pulling her into his arms.  “Daddy missed Mommy last night, I had to take a very cold shower and think of a lot of different things to get my mind off of you.”


“Nothing stopping you now, is there?” she giggled, feeling his full attention against her.


“Just breakfast with the rest of our family.  Tonight, you won’t know what hit you.”


“I have a pretty good idea… JC’s feeling left out though, just getting every other weekend.”


“You, or the kids?”


“Both, I think. I know he means me, but I think with the kids, too.  I told him maybe I can be at his place one night during the week, I don’t know…”


“The kids are asking for you, Daddy.  Ok, that sounded weird when talking directly to you,” JC  whispered, peeking around the corner.


“I guess we should get back,” Justin chuckled, walking back to the kitchen.  


“Do I want to know what this was about?” JC asked quietly, walking with them.


“A little jealousy,” Justin replied, Mikayal’s cheeks turning pink.


JC stopped. “Who is jealous of whom?”


“She thinks I’m seeing Jackie when she’s with you.”


“I’m just saying it seemed awfully coincidental that she was here on a day off to make breakfast for us, especially since she has her own place now,” Mikayla stated 


“So you know,” Jackie said, surprising all of them, “you’re terrible whisperers.  I’m not sure which is worse, thinking your husband who worships the ground you walk on, would be unfaithful, or thinking that I would be that unprofessional as to sleep with my boss.”


“My apologies.  I just…”


“You can check the security cameras, I didn’t get here until the morning, and you can check either of our phones for timestamps and the text thread.”


“I’m sorry. I know both of you better than to suggest something like that.”


“Let’s go eat before the kids come over or get into everything on the table,” Justin suggested.


To their surprise, the twins were sitting at the table, quietly eating.  


“Ok, these aren’t our kids,” Mikayla laughed. 


“Yes we are, Mommy,” Joshy giggled. “Happy Father’s Day, Daddy!”


“Thanks, bud,” Justin smiled, ruffling Joshy’s hair before he sat down at the table.  “So, what did you guys do yesterday?”


“Mommy made breakfast, then we went to Uncle Lance’s to swim and have lunch, then we had pizza and watched movies until Joshy fell asleep,” Barb answered. 


“You were getting sleepy too, little lady,” JC smiled. 


Justin looked at JC.  “Sounds like you had a good day.”


“Best I could ask for,” JC smiled. 


“Are we doing our Daddy/Barb day today?” Barb asked excitedly. 


“Yup. Though I think Mommy and Joshy might enjoy it, too.  How about we go to the Santa Monica Pier? Do some rides, have unhealthy but yummy food, maybe I could win a prize for you at a game…”


“Can you win me a prize, Mommy?” Joshy asked.


“I’ll try my best,” Mikayla smiled. 


“Sounds like quite the day,” JC sighed. 


“Can I be with both my daddies?” Barb wondered. 


“I had my day with you guys yesterday.  Today is your day with him.  It’ll be ok Barb, but thank you,” JC said softly. 


Justin and JC exchanged glances, a soft smile on both of their faces.


They spent the rest of breakfast making loose plans for the day; rides they would go on, what food they’d eat.


“Well, I think it’s time for me to go,” JC sighed. 


“Bye Daddy,” Joshy said. 


“Bye Daddy.  I love you,” Barb said, giving him a squeeze. 


“Love you too,” JC smiled, looking at the twins before looking at Mikayla.  “Happy Father’s Day, T.”


“Happy Father’s Day, C.  We’ve got the best ones we could hope for.”


“Silas will learn from the best,” JC smiled. 



“You’re not grabbing your usual bathing suit?” Justin wondered as Mikayla packed her beach bag. 


“No, I got a new one yesterday.  I think you’ll like it.”


“Oh, well, I can’t wait to see it,” Justin smiled.


Mikayla made sure everything was packed, everyone in their swim stuff for an after lunch beach break before going back on rides.  They got into the car and made their way over, ready to start off with one ride together before splitting off for a bit.


They made their way to Inkie’s Wave Jumper, being able to all sit together on one ride. It was the closest the twins had been to a roller coaster.  Mikayla was excited for how they would react to Disney World and the different rides, making memories and having fun together.


They got off the ride, splitting up and going off to the next ride. Justin and Mikayla had agreed to meet at Beach Burger for lunch in about an hour and a half.



“Can I go up on your shoulders, Daddy?” Barb asked. 


“For a little, sure,” Justin smiled. She was surprisingly light given how tall she already was, Justin picking her up with ease.  


They walked through the crowd, Justin surprised at not being recognized.  He saw a store he thought Barb would like, taking her inside.


“I’m glad you feel better about everything with JC,” Justin smiled, his voice quiet.


“Mommy told me he wanted a girl, that he wanted me when they were wishing for a baby.”


Justin’s heart melted.  “That sounds very like him. Can I tell you a secret?”


“What, Daddy?”


“For the longest time, I’ve wanted a baby girl, too. So when they told us mommy was having you, I was so happy.  I’m not your real dad, but I’ve loved you like I was, haven’t I?”


“You love me so much, Daddy. I know you do.”


“Did you feel that same love from JC?”


“I guess, yeah.”


“But it felt different because you didn’t know he was your dad.  Once you knew, did you think he loved you less somehow?”


“Joshy looks like him, he’s named after him…”


“Only because he and your mommy weren’t together.  He’d be called something else if I was just another uncle and he was your dad the whole time.”


“Does he still love mommy?” Barb wondered. 


“He does, very much.”


“Like, get married kinda love?”


Justin sighed. “I won’t lie to you. Yes, he does. But mommy is married to me, and you can only be married to one person at a time.”


“Does it make you sad, that he loves her?”


“No. I’ve always known they were meant for each other. But I’ve loved Mommy for a long time, too.”


“Were you sad that mommy is having a boy baby?”


“No. You’re not my daughter like your baby brother will be, but you are my daughter no matter what.”


“Maybe the baby after Silas will be a girl,” Barb shrugged. 


“Mommy is gonna have 4 babies?” Justin laughed lightly.


“I dunno.”


“I guess we’ll find out, huh?”


Barb shrugged silently. “Can we do more rides now?”


Justin laughed. “Sure baby girl. Whatever you want.”




They met up for lunch, grabbing food they could take down to the beach. Justin got things set up, taking out things from Mikayla’s bag.


“You’re sure about this?” Justin asked, looking at what he had.


“Yes, I saw it online and other people said it worked.”


Justin followed her directions, using a king size fitted sheet and various objects to create a place for them to sit without carrying bulky blankets.  Once finished, Justin nodded approvingly. “Well I’ll be damned…”


They sat down with their food, sharing a pile of chili cheese fries.  “I go back on a diet tomorrow,” Mikayla laughed. 


Justin rolled his eyes.  “Yeah, cuz that’s gonna happen.”


“Is that so?”


“You’re pregnant. You have a free pass to whatever you want, whenever you want.”


They ate, the twins wanting to play in the sand and splash in the waves. They pulled their clothes off to be in just their swimsuits, Justin pulling off his shirt. 


Mikayla looked at him like he was a lifeguard on Baywatch, everything almost in slow motion, seeing how good he looked. She bit her lip, knowing how lucky she was that he had married her out of everyone he could have chosen.


She pulled down her shorts and pulled her shirt over her head, Justin’s face caught between a soft smile and his eyes wanting to bulge out of his head.


He saw her in her bikini she’d bought the day before. He’d always been a fan of her breasts, but the way they looked in the bikini top made him feel things he shouldn’t feel in front of his children.  Then he saw her hips and ass, biting his lip at how sexy his wife was. 


She turned to face him and he saw it, her baby bump visible for him and the entire world. He knew the news would come out eventually, Justin wanting to scream it from the top of the Ferris wheel that she was having his baby.  


“Is Silas kicking, like he did yesterday?” Barb asked. 


“Not yet. It isn’t until a little later that it’s more regular, noticeable.”  She looked at Justin.  “He told you, right?”


Justin smiled softly, nodding.  “He did. I still remember the first time you knew the twins were kicking, how surreal it was. I’d seen ultrasounds and heard their heartbeats, but feeling them actually move and kick made it all real.”


“Hopefully he kicks when you’re around so you can feel it again.”


“I’m glad he’s not kicking right now, actually. Odds are someone will see you and the bump and break our news to the world. I’m ecstatic, it’s real, but I want us to be the ones to do it. Hang on…”


Justin pulled out his phone. “Take a picture with mommy,” he directed the twins, Mikayla having one on either side of her.  His fingers started flying before he put his phone back in his pocket.


“What did you do?” Mikayla wondered. Her phone dinged. 


“Check that,” Justin smiled. 


Mikayla grabbed her phone. “You posted to Instagram?”


Justin nodded. “See what I wrote.”


She saw the picture of her and the twins. Underneath it had the following caption:

To my twins, thank you for making me a dad. It’s been the hardest but best thing I’ve ever done. To my wife, for helping me be a better father, and for soon giving us another one to love. We’ll be outnumbered, but there will be plenty of love to go around.


“Now the world can know and we don’t have to hide it.  I’m so happy we’re having this baby, I don’t know how much longer I could keep it to myself.  You’re having my baby, for real this time.”


He pulled Mikayla into his arms, kissing her deeply. 


“Ewww, do you HAVE to do that?” Joshy asked. 


“Yes, cuz I love Mommy. I love you, too, so careful or I’m gonna give you kisses too!” Justin teased. 


“I want kisses, Daddy!” Barb shouted, leaving her sand toys to run up to him. 

 

“Well good, cuz I have plenty!” he said, peering her cheeks with kisses as he tickled her belly, Barb turning into a ball of giggles.

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry it's only one chapter, things are moving slowly right now...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story