Author's Chapter Notes:

12/30/22

Mikayla woke up the next morning, confused to see Justin next to her.  “You’re not Josh,” she said sleepily. 


“At least you can tell us apart,” Justin chuckled. “He wanted to switch back before everyone got up.  I’ve been here for about 15 minutes, if I had to guess.”


“Just watching me sleep?” 


“Yeah. It’s like watching the twins, it's just so peaceful.  Lying here just thinking about how beautiful you are.”


“I’m sure my hair is a mess, I have no makeup on…”


“Still my wife and mother of my child. You’re the most beautiful woman in the world.  If we weren’t in a guest room at JC’s parent’s house, I’d show you just how beautiful you are.”


“You can show me a little,” Mikayla smirked. 


“No, we have a big day ahead of us.  Let’s get up, shower, and then rally the kids.  Are you excited?”


“Yeah.  It’ll be great to see it through their eyes, so little and full of wonder. I can’t wait for them to meet characters. Explain that’s how people feel when they meet you, that excitement and awe.”


“I’m on the same level as Disney characters, good to know,” Justin laughed. 


“I mean, you WERE in MMC…”


“Let’s get ready,” Justin sighed, rolling his eyes.


The twins got up, not knowing what the plan was. Jackie and JC got ready, Justin putting their bags in the car as the twins ate a quick breakfast.  


“Have fun,” Karen said, knowing the surprise that awaited the twins.  She hugged them and kissed their cheeks before they all got in the car.


Justin drove, the twins looking around at the different things they passed on the freeway.  Mikayla was glad they couldn’t read yet, clearly not noticing the signs for Disney World.  She began to get excited, knowing at any moment they’d see something that they would recognize as Disney.  Sure enough they began seeing characters, excited to see them but having no clue that was where they were going.


“When do we tell them?” Mikayla whispered from the passenger seat.  


“If they ask before we get there, we’ll tell them.  I have a feeling it’ll be once we get to the hotel.”


“We’re staying at a hotel?” Barb asked.


“Yeah, baby girl,” Justin replied.  “It was gonna be too much to stay with your grandma and grandpa.  Eliana needs to be at her house with Uncle Tyler and Aunt Sarah, Grandma and Grandpa have work… It’ll be fun, though, I promise.” 


Just as Justin figured, they pulled up to the hotel and the twins had no idea where they were except for a hotel. To be honest, it looked like any regular hotel from the front, which was part of why it helped make for a great surprise. 


Justin went to check them in, Mikayla and the twins looking around the lobby and gift shop. 


“Mommy, can we buy some toys?” Joshy asked. 


“At some point, yes. But I think you’ll be more excited about what we’re doing today.  We’re staying here for the next few days, so there will be lots to do.”


Justin walked over, the group taking the Monorail into the park. As they pulled towards Magic Kingdom, the twins’ eyes lit up.


“Welcome to Disney World,” Justin smiled. “There’s a lot of memories here for us.  We can’t wait to make some with you.”


They walked to check in for their VIP excursion through the park, a cast member designated to them the whole day.  They were given their own boat on Its A Small World, the twins in awe of the colors and costumes.  They did a few more rides before going to meet characters.


“Mommy, it’s Cinderella!!” Barb shouted excitedly. They waited their turn, Barb smiling her widest smile as Justin took their picture. 


“You’re so pretty,” Barb said to Cinderella, feeling like her life was complete at 4 years old. 


“Mommy’s prettier,” Joshy said.  Justin and JC looked at each other, trying not to laugh. 


Justin bent down, turning to face Joshy. “You’re right, but next time don’t say it in front of a princess.  Most girls don’t like to hear that someone else is prettier than they are.”


JC looked down at his son. “Someday you’ll think there’s a girl much prettier than Mommy.”


“Nope, never,” Joshy smiled. “Mommy will always be the prettiest.”


JC looked at Justin again. “He’s not wrong.  Hold on to that for as long as you can, buddy. Tell her that all the time, it’ll make her day.”


Mikayla and Barb walked towards them, not hearing the conversation the boys had had. Justin looked at Barb, then at their guide. 


“I hear there’s somewhere little girls can go to look like princesses…” 


“What?!” Barb asked excitedly.


“Let’s go, just us girls,” Mikayla smiled, Jackie taking Barb’s hand.  Their guide gave them directions, the girls leaving the guys to fend for themselves. 


“I’ll text you when we’re done and we’ll meet up,” Mikayla said.


Justin looked at Joshy. “Well buddy, what do you wanna do?”


“Can we do some rides? Or can I meet Buzz Lightyear?”


Their guide smiled. “I think we can make that happen.”



They decided to meet up at the carousel, Justin anxiously looking for Mikayla to come into view.  


“Daddy!” he heard Barb shout, seeing the beautiful mini me of his wife running towards him.  


Justin crouched down, catching Barb in his arms before lifting her up.  “Hi, Princess,” he smiled.  “You look beautiful.  Cinderella?”  


She nodded excitedly.  “I wish I’d done this before I got to meet her.  Wait til you see Mommy…”


He looked up, seeing Mikayla.  She wasn’t in a dress like Barb was, but her hair was a little different and she had makeup on.  His heart skipped a beat watching her walk towards him.  “Isn’t she pretty?” Barb asked, bringing Justin back to reality.


“She’s beautiful,” he smiled.  “Almost as pretty as when we got married.”


“Which time?” Mikayla asked, a slight blush to her cheeks.


“Both are special,” Justin whispered in her ear.  “For different reasons.”


“Someone sweet talked their way into getting Mommy a little makeover.  I also happened to have my makeup in my purse.  They just did my hair a little, just a little curl at the ends.”


“You look like a princess,” Justin smiled.


“NO, Daddy, she’s a mommy.  That makes her a QUEEN,” Barb corrected him.


“You’re right,” Justin admitted.  “She’s our queen.  Does that make me king?”


“Sure,” Barb giggled, rolling her eyes.  “Kings are old, daddy.  You can be a prince.”


“Oh, well, I guess so.  What about JC?”


“He’s a prince, too.  Jackie is a princess, waiting for her prince.”  Barb looked at JC.


“Barb, no…” Justin said.  “Mommy actually has someone she wants to introduce Jackie to.  Maybe that could be her prince.”


Barb shrugged, JC feeling relief wash over her.


“No offense,” JC said, looking at Jackie.


“I get it.  I mean, knowing your little secret…” Jackie whispered.  “I’m too good for you, anyway,” she smiled.


JC’s jaw dropped a bit.  “Ok, Barb needs to be more like Jackie,” Justin laughed quietly.


They did more rides, bypassing lines to give them privacy and be able to make the most out of their day.  The next few days would be spent within the different parks, only doing one park a day to maximize their time effectively.


They took a break and went back to the hotel for lunch and swimming, hoping the twins would take a nap before doing another round at the Magic Kingdom.  Justin led them to their suite after lunch, the twins excited to see stuffed Mickey and Minnie plushies sitting on the couch.  The hotel didn't scream Disney, but was still everything they needed in a place to rest and relax between trips to the parks.  


Mikayla and Jackie took the twins into the pool, Justin and JC staying back in the cabana, enjoying the privacy.  They could see out onto the pool without having to go out and risk being seen.  It had been fairly low key, despite how much they had done that day.


“They have basketball, wanna play a pickup game?” JC asked.  “Or maybe some one on one?”


“So I can kick your ass, old man?” Justin laughed.  “You turn 40 next month…”


“Thanks, I’d forgotten that,” JC replied sarcastically.  “Cuz you play so much at home?”


“More than you, I’m sure.”  Justin got up, walking over to Mikayla.


“We’re gonna go play some basketball, we’ll be back.  Text me if the twins get tired and you head back to the room so we can meet you there.”


“Have fun,” Mikayla said, keeping her focus on the twins.



One of the courts was empty, giving them room for a one on one game.  Justin had the advantage, but JC was keeping up with Justin as he ran around the court.  


“Feels like the old days, huh?” JC said.


“Yeah, I’ll kick your ass,” Justin said, dodging around JC and shooting the ball, watching it swish through the hoop.


“Hey, take it easy, T.  Just a friendly game…”


“Says the loser,” Justin scoffed.


“Hey, what’s up with you?  Why so competitive?”


“Since you’re sleeping with my wife,” Justin spat, pushing JC out of his way to make another shot.


JC got up, grabbing the ball.  “Is that what this is about?  Something to make you feel more like a man?”


“I’m plenty man enough…”


“I’m not doing this now, T.  Let’s get back to the room and cool down.”  He walked away off the court, Justin huffing breaths behind him.


They walked back to the room, keeping some distance until the elevators.  Once inside, they stood as far apart as they could, JC afraid Justin might actually hurt him.  “Maybe this was a mistake, me being here with you guys…”


“C, I’m sorry.  It’s just…”


“Not here, not in an elevator.”


They got into the room, everything quiet.  “That’s weird, Kay texted that they were here…”


They opened the door to one of the bedrooms, seeing Mikayla and the twins asleep on one bed, Jackie asleep on the other.  Justin closed the door, walking into the master bedroom.


“Can we talk NOW?” Justin asked.


“About how you’re jealous, despite having everything?!”


“I don’t have my wife all to myself, like it should be…”


“She should be MY wife, and I kick myself every damn day over it…”


“Well, she married me instead cuz you were too much of a pussy to propose, even after 4 years together…”


“Enough,” Mikayla said, standing in the doorway.  “We need to do a group session with Tessa, clearly there’s stuff to work through.  I thought we could make this work, but maybe not.”


“So you’d pick one of us?” Justin asked hopefully.


“I can’t stand hurting one of you.”


“So instead we’re both miserable?” JC responded.  “We both want you for ourselves, you’re being selfish about wanting both of us.”


“Fine, then maybe I choose neither of you.”


Their eyes widened at hearing her statement.  They knew they didn't want to lose her.  “If it’s this or nothing, I choose this,” Justin said, JC nodding in agreement.


“We’re all being a little bit selfish,” Mikayla said.  “We need help, clearly…”


“Would you really walk away from both of us?” Justin asked, a lump in his throat.


“Joey’s good with kids, he’s single.  Well, you know what I mean…”


JC chuckled. “Now she’s just yanking our chains. I love the guy, but to go from us to him?  Two older girls, still legally married…”


“Have you thought through OUR situation?” Mikayla laughed. “Barb would get sisters.”


“I’d rather share you with C than lose you fully to any other man. Though good luck finding someone, knowing we’re the last two men you’ve been with,” Justin smirked. 


“That sure of yourselves, are you?” Mikayla quipped back.


“Do we need another night like your birthday to show you?” Justin asked. 


“I wouldn’t say no,” Mikayla smiled. 


“I’ve got an idea already,” JC smirked. 


“I’m so fucked,” Mikayla gasped. 

 

“Soon enough,” both men replied. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story