Author's Chapter Notes:

1/18/23

They parked inside the garage attached to the condo, the interior giving nothing away of what was inside.  The garage was just off of the front door, so they could have entered that way as well.  Justin opened the door into the house form the garage, revealing a small room with the washer and dryer that doubled as a mud room, with the front door just on the other side.  


Mikayla walked into the house, past the front door, and her jaw dropped.  She saw the kitchen on one side down the hall, a bedroom off to the left, a guest bathroom along the left side before the kitchen.  It had granite countertops and oak cabinet doors, feeling very natural.  The chairs had a rugged, woodsy look to them, almost as if they were to look like tree branches or deer antlers.  It had an island that doubled as a bar, having stools on the other side.  Past the kitchen was a ‘small’ dining area, with a huge table that could seat 8 easily.  This opened into the main living space, which allowed views of the upper levels.  There were large metal chandeliers, a large seating area with a coffee table in the center, and a large fireplace surrounded by large stones on the facade.


It was your ideal cabin in the woods, looking like most of it could have been pulled from the surrounding area.  It felt inviting and spacious, intimate despite its massive size.


“Justin, this is incredible.  I feel like I say that about every new place you bring me to.”


“Just wait,” Justin said, leading her towards the stairs.  They went onto the second floor, seeing a large open area with a couple couches and a bookshelf built into the wall.  Then she saw the grand piano, feeling as if it were calling to her.  


“I think I know where I’m spending my time,” Mikayla sighed, walking over to sit down at the piano.  Her fingers arched into position, playing with effortless ease. She closed her eyes, losing herself in the song she was playing.  


Justin waited for her to stop, in awe of the woman in front of her.  He loved music, but watching her play was almost otherworldly.  He would get lost in making an album and such, but this was different.  Maybe because it was her, and not him, and he could watch and listen to her play all day.  He understood what had drawn JC to her way back when.  The music that was being played was almost as beautiful as the woman playing it.


Her fingers finally stopped playing, Justin leaning into her ear.  “You never cease to amaze me, Kay.  Is this what it’s like when you watch me perform?  I can’t stop watching you.”


“With you, it’s different.  I want to dance, sing along, I feel different things with each song.  There’s a sexual energy in a lot of what you do, and as your wife I think it’s safe to say a lot of women leave your show extremely turned on.  I doubt you felt anything like that just now.”


“Yes and no.  Not in the way you mean with me, but I love seeing this side of you, it shows me more of what I love about you.”


“We’re not having sex on this piano,” she giggled.


“Not this one, but when we get one in OUR house up here, you bet your ass you’re gonna play for me before we make our own music…”



“I should be the one cooking,” Justin said, frowning at Mikayla in front of the stove.


“It’s helping me research what I want. There’s those new stoves where it’s only hot with certain things, but if kids or anything else touches it, they won’t get burned… I want one of those.”


“This isn’t one of those stoves, this is gas.”


“I know, but I want it. Ideally for all our homes, but you said I get to help design this one. Loving the countertops, though maybe something a little darker? I’d like as island like this one, room to cook and prep but also where people can sit and eat, or walk up to eat during a party,”


“So we’re having parties here, now?” Justin laughed.


“Maybe not PARTIES, but Christmas or New Years with family and friends.  Loving the bunk bed setup for the kids’ room, then that other with a queen bed and two twins along the wall under the window. Perfect for my sister and the boys.”


“I like the open layout in the living area, room for a giant Christmas tree, I know you’ll love that,” he smiled. 


“This is really happening,” she sighed. 


“I love it. Do you need help with anything for dinner?”


“I’m fine, really. Maybe play something for me on the piano?”


“How about I take over cooking and YOU play?  I’m guessing you could find something more appropriate for dinner.”


“Justin Timberlake can’t just play around on a piano? Who are you and what have you done with my husband?”


“I’m in my album writing mode, I dunno. Not in the right headspace.  You always play beautiful music, I know it’ll fill this house with warmth and love.”


“When you say it like that, how can I say no?” Mikayla laughed. “You know what I’m making?”


“Chicken carbonara. The broccoli looks ready for the oven, I got this.  Go play, beautiful.”


Mikayla went upstairs, sitting down at the piano. She started off playing songs she knew, before drifting into just playing around on the piano. She played chords and notes as they came to her, nothing particular in mind. She wondered if this was what it felt like when Justin wrote songs, seeing what sounded good in the moment and what could grow from there.  It was still very classical in style, but also rich in depth and tone.


Justin smiled as he heard her play, even in the starting and stopping of her experimenting with a tune.  He knew he’d found someone that had a similar connection to music, but it was so different from anyone else.  He loved her so much, and he knew that no matter what happened, he couldn’t let her go.  Mikayla had done most of the work on dinner, so he had some time to just listen to her play.


Once dinner was ready, he slowly climbed the stairs, not wanting to alert her to his presence.  She wasn’t dressed fancy, just the dress she’d worn on the flight, but in that moment she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen as she came into view.  Her back to him, eyes closed, he slowly walked closer.  He watched her as her fingers gracefully hit each key.


She heard his breath behind her, doing her best to not alert him that she knew he was there, curious what he would do next.  She slowly inhaled through her nose, smelling the aroma of dinner, sure that it was ready.  She began to play what she's decided would be the end of her piece, finishing with soft, light strokes.  


“How long have you been standing there?” she asked, knowing exactly how long he had been right behind her.


“Not very long. Dinner is ready, but I didn’t want to rush you.  God, you are so beautiful,” he said, leaning down to kiss the crook of her neck.


“Justin…”


“Yes?”


“After dinner, let’s make music together.”


“Are we talking…” Justin wondered, afraid to be blunt in his hopes of what that meant.


She nodded. “Not here, but I like the euphemism, we can tell the kids we're making music.”


“And now I REALLY want a session in my studio, put some of it on my next album.”


“Tell me the time and place, and I’ll be there,” she smiled.


“Really?” he asked, surprised she’d agree so quickly.


“Make every woman in the world jealous that you make me make those sounds?  Absolutely.”  


A smirk spread across his face.  “That’s my girl. Let’s eat, get our strength up for later…”



“Justin, this view is incredible…” Mikayla sighed, lying on the bed, the window open to the darkening sky outside, stars popping into view.


“I agree, my view is fantastic,” he said, smiling as he looked down at her naked body pressed against his side.


She rolled her eyes playfully.  “I meant the world outside our window.  We just had amazing sex with the windows open, knowing there was no one that could look in and see us.”


“You DO realize we do that at home, too, don’t you?” Justin laughed.


“We have a much better, more romantic view from here, though.  I just wish it was cooler, I love the fireplace in the bedroom.  I want that in ours, like that one.”


“It’s not THAT hot, we could have it on tonight, or there’s a fire pit in the backyard.  I want our room facing east if we can, so we can watch the sunrise and our room not get the afternoon sun in the summer. It’s not like LA where it gets over 100 during the summer.  I’d rather watch the sunset with you, make love to the fading light of day into night.”


“Make love, huh?”


“You want me to be less romantic and say fuck your brains out?  I mean, it isn’t always like that, either.  We had the opportunity to do either.”


“But it usually ends up being the other.  Not that I mind, but I wouldn’t call that making love…”


“If you could only choose one, which would it be?  Slow and sensual, or an intense fuck?”


“Is this your way of making me choose between you and JC again?  I think there should be a healthy balance of both.  It’s good to know there’s that passion there after a long time, that you still want to go all out, but sometimes the moment calls for something more about connecting than feeding sexual tension.”


“Which one am I?” Justin asked.


“You’re definitely both,” she smiled.  “Sometimes I get really lucky and it’s a mix of both.  We can’t control ourselves and as much as we want something slow and soft, we know what we’re capable of making each other feel.  You’re not afraid to take your time making love to me with foreplay, even if it’s more passionate and fast paced.  So in that sense you make love to me before you fuck my brains out.”


“All this talk kinda makes me wanna do it again,” Justin smirked, turning to kiss her neck.


“I’m not opposed…”


“Baby don’t you mind if I do exactly what you like, times two…”



Justin woke up the next morning, a smile on his face. He turned, seeing Mikayla by his side, looking so beautiful, even though she’d say she was anything but in the moment. Her hair was messy, but he found it sexy, especially after their rounds the night before.  He stared at her, taking everything in.  He realized she was right, they needed a room with the sun coming up in the morning, she looked beautiful with a ray of sunlight illuminating her, making things seem more incredible. 


Mikayla’s eyes opened slowly, seeing Justin looking at her.  “What’s that look for?” she asked.


“Nothing.  Just laying here in the morning light, looking at you, thinking I must be the luckiest man alive to wake up next to you.”


“Except when you don’t…”


“I still see all your things in our bedroom, I know you’ll be back.  The day I see things missing, then I’ll worry.”


“What kinds of things?”


“Clothes, your stuff from the bathroom.  I assume you have a toothbrush at his place,” Justin chuckled.


“Nah, I just share his,” Mikayla teased.  


“I agree that we need a room facing the sun in the morning.  Maybe not directly, so it’s not right in our face, maybe across the room.  Sunsets here will be phenomenal no matter which way we’re facing, but seeing you like this, the way the sun is hitting you, mmmm…” he said, biting his lip.


“Really, you need more after last night?”


“Need, want, all of the above, baby,” he smiled.  “You haven’t been missing the intimacy between us?”


“I have, but it’s almost been nonstop, Justin.”


“You’re beautiful, my wife, carrying my son, that’s about the sexiest thing you can do.  I can’t help it.”


“I’m married to Justin Timberlake, teenage me would be hitting me right now for daring to be anything but in awe that I’m married to you, get to have sex with you, have our 3 kids… Well, I kinda got that right.  Wrong combination, though…”


“You wanted 3 kids?” he smiled.


“Two girls and a boy.  No twins.  One of the girls goes on to have her own music career.”


“I think we both know Joshy is the one that is most likely to take that path,” Justin said.  “Barb might dance or something else, but music is in Joshy like it is in us and JC.  He doesn’t see it yet, but we’ve started to, for sure.  I still can’t believe you thought about that kinda thing, though.”


“As a fan, way before I met you.  Never would younger me have believed this would be my life.  That was only a fantasy, not something that could ever be a reality.  Yet here I am, lying in bed with you, pregnant with your baby, married for 5 years now…”


Her cell phone rang, Justin looking at her curiously.  “I thought we agreed phones would be off except for sending pictures to the twins and the nightly FaceTimes…”


“It’s on Do Not Disturb, so it must be someone I have set to get past that.”  She rolled over and picked up her phone.  “It’s Candace.  That’s odd that she would call…”


Mikayla sat up in bed before answering the call, Justin smiling at her naked breasts in his view.


“Good morning, Candace,”

 

“Good morning, Mikayla.  I hate to do this, I know you’re still on vacation, but it’s important.  We got wind of that article that came out about you and JC, everything with the twins. The board has voted, and unfortunately there’s too much drama with this that it could reflect poorly on the school.  We voted that you are being asked to step down from your position with the school, effective immediately…”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story