“Here’s what I’m not ok with, I feel that might clear up and set boundaries.  We don’t have sex with her if we’re at the other’s house.  Like tonight you wouldn’t sleep with her here, I wouldn’t sleep with her at your place. The caveat to that is if the other of us isn’t home, though not sure why we’d be at your place without you.  I know I tour and other stuff that takes me away, so if you two need that while I’m gone and it’s easier to be here, fine. Just wash the sheets before I get back so I don’t know.”


“So we keep it from each other that we’re sleeping with her?”


“Not exactly. We use our group chat, but even then have a code in case anything happens to our phones.  I can be pineapple pizza, JC pepperoni, something like that.  We’re open on who she’s with and when, but we don’t need details of what we do together.  We can plan on things in advance, that’s kinda preferable.  I mainly don’t want to be home and know you’re banging my wife instead of me.”


“Totally understandable. I have a lot I need to tell Eric, as far as being a dad, whatever is needed with custody stuff.  If we can keep it quiet, fine.  But we also need to be ready if shit hits the fan.”


“We tell the truth, or something like it. I found out I was pregnant after JC and I broke up, but after we got together. I thought they were Justin’s, had no reason to think otherwise, until a blood test revealed they were JC’s. Maybe something that makes me a little less slutty, but also not make JC look bad…”


“We’ll have our PR people get together and figure out something to agree to if we need to release a statement.  It’ll need to match so there’s no confusion. That’s not what I’m worried about right now, though,” Justin said.  “I know what I’ve said in the past, about letting you two be together, but I also wanna be really selfish and say no, that you had your chance.  But if this is what she wants, I don’t want to keep her from it and have her resent me from keeping you two apart.”


“Justin…” Mikayla sighed. 


“I need a stiff drink, beer’s not gonna cut it…”


Mikayla and JC looked at each other as Justin walked to pour himself a large whiskey.


“Justin, is this going to be like the last time?” Mikayla wondered.


“Ok, I need more context,” JC sighed. 


“I miscarried about a year and a half ago, and his depression made him drink in response to my depression and withdrawal. I wouldn’t leave the bedroom, I barely left the bed for over a month, Justin started drinking.”


“Is that what happened when you called and she’d taken off?” JC asked. 


“She drove for two days by herself to apologize to my mom for losing the baby, making me feel like I’d lost her.”


“You’re not losing me, Justin. I’m staying right here, we’re having our baby.  Nothing will change that.”


“I never thought we’d actually be here, like this. I don’t know what I thought would happen, I guess I figured it would never happen.”


“You really thought we’d be mad at each other the rest of our lives? That you’d keep my kids from me?” JC asked, his voice getting louder.


“That was never the intention.  It was never a good time…” Mikayla said.


“Not until you decided to fuck my wife like she was still your plaything…” Justin spat. 


“ENOUGH! I may be your wife, but I’m not just this sexual object. I know you know that but to talk about me like that…”


“He had no right, Kay. To just waltz in after all this time and take you back as if nothing happened.”


“You think it was easy for me? I was in my own personal hell for years.  Wanting the woman I loved, knowing she was with you, things were too late.  I took a shot and we slept together, we all know it was bound to happen sometime. Be glad it wasn’t at the wedding, or right now, throwing your threesome rule out the window.”


“You totally wanna fuck her right now, don’t you?” Justin snarled at JC.


“You saying you don’t? She’s beautiful, maybe it’s the pregnancy glow…”


“I called dibs earlier today, but now… I think I’m gonna be sick.  I don’t know that I can do this.”


“Then what are you going to do?” JC responded. 


“I… I don’t know.”


“I should go,” JC said.


“So you don’t want her anymore?” Justin asked quietly, hope in his voice. 


“I still want her, but clearly we both can’t be in the room with her.”


“So much for being part of my birthday weekend…” Mikayla sighed. “Justin, you seemed on board with this, saying JC would be the one needing a drink or two…”


“I don’t know what exactly changed my mind, Kay.  I just know the thought of anyone else having you like that…”


“Imagine how I feel, T.  Mikayla and I have all these moments together, I’m the first guy she ever has sex with, for you to come and take away me being the only man she’s ever been with.  Her first and her last, her only.”


“I’ll lose her in the end, I know that. She won’t leave me now, but it’s a matter of time… She loves you more than she ever loved me.”


“Justin, I married you, raised kids that aren’t even yours with you, having a baby of our own.  I love you very much. I wouldn’t have agreed to any of our lives together if I didn’t. I’m sure that’s tough for JC to hear, but I think I love you more, you sacrificed so much for me, for US.  This could have ruined everything for you, and you did it anyway.  That’s why I’m staying, we have too much love between us to let go of. But I will always love JC, at least in part. For better or worse he’s the father of the twins, stepping up to the task, like you did.”


“You’ll never leave me?” Justin asked, tears in his eyes.


“Have I ever given you any inkling that I would? And my driving to Tennessee doesn’t count.”


“I thought you abandoned us, I was worried you took your own life, Kayla… You were in such a dark place, me and the kids couldn’t pull you out… I felt so helpless.  I need you, Kay. I thought I lost you once, for good. I can’t handle the thought…”


“I’m never leaving you, Justin. Whatever JC and I have, I will always be your wife, supporting you, raising our children together.  As much as I love JC, I love you more for everything you’ve done over the years.  You’re never gonna lose me. Neither of you are. I know it isn’t perfect, but this is really the only way we can all be happy, or something like it.”


“What were you thinking for this weekend, that JC would be part of?”


“The BBQ tomorrow night.  Sunday can be just us and the kids, maybe something on Monday?”


“I’m ok with that.  Tomorrow will be a bunch of people, Lance and Michael are coming, so that’ll be nice to have them know we’ve made up. Not telling them about our little triangle though.”


“We’re telling everyone about the baby, I hope that’s ok…” Mikayla said, looking at JC.


“You’re having a baby, I’m happy for you, especially knowing the twins are mine.  I might have missed out on the beginning, but I’ll be here for the rest of the big moments.”


“Does that mean you’ll chip in for Barb’s wedding?” Justin laughed.


“Weddings, birthdays, whatever,” JC smiled in reply.


“I guess this will work out, especially while I’m away for things. You’ll get to take advantage of her pregnancy hormones…” Justin chuckled. 


“That bad, huh?” JC wondered. 


“No, she has this super high sex drive. At least now there won’t be pressure for me to match her now.  I’ll just text you and send her over…”


“Really?  That’s a quick about face there. First you don’t wanna share, now you’re saying you’re glad I’ll be able to sleep with her when you can’t or don’t want to.”


“Yeah, I blame the whiskey.  I blame a lot of things… If it’s this or lose Mikayla, I choose this.  Whatever this is…”


“I’m gonna go, you called dibs,” JC chuckled. “We’ll figure out a time soon.”


“I already have an idea forming. Again, blame the whiskey, but I think it’ll work. Let me write it out so I don’t forget…” he said, grabbing his phone, his fingers flying.  “Ok.  You want me to walk you to the door?”


“I think maybe I should do that,” Mikayla said softly. “Wait for me in our room.”


Justin smiled, knowing what was next.  He headed upstairs as Mikayla walked JC to the front door. 


“See you tomorrow, beautiful…” JC sighed. 


“See you tomorrow,” Mikayla breathed in reply. 


JC closed the distance between them, pulling her into his arms, his lips gently against hers.  Her tongue pressed against his lips as she felt his arousal twitch against her.


“Soon, my love. Sooner than the time before last. We won’t need to wait another 5 years.”


“We’ll send you the address in the morning.”


“It’s not here?”


“No. You’ll see…” Mikayla kissed him again gently. “See you tomorrow.”


“I love you, Kay…”


“I love you too, Josh.”


JC opened the door, Mikayla watching him walk away. She felt relief that this wasn’t the end of something, but rather a beginning.  She climbed the stairs, walking into their bedroom. Justin laid down on his side of the bed, lying on his back.


Mikayla pulled her clothes off, climbing over Justin. “Let me show you just how much you mean to me, I’d die before I left you for anyone else.”


“Even JC?”


“Even JC…”



Justin woke up the next morning, getting the twins packed for the weekend while Mikayla slept and the twins watched TV.  It was past 9am when Mikayla came downstairs. 


“Good morning, Mommy!” Barb chirped.


“I know it’s not super late, but why did no one wake me up?” Mikayla wondered. 


“Daddy told us to let you sleep.  He said last night was a lot and with it being Mother’s Day and your birthday soon, to let you sleep.”


Justin held out a cup of tea for Mikayla, she took it as she stepped closer to him. “Thank you,” she whispered.


“After last night, especially once we were alone, I figured you needed the rest.  You ok? We can push back the BBQ, all it takes is a text…”


“I’m good, though I do need to text JC with the address.”


“Already done. I’m feeling better about things, I’m sorry about last night. Seeing him after everything, it just all hit me.”  He gently kissed her shoulder. 


“I know it’s a lot to process. It’s been an unlikely possibility for so long, and now it’s actually happened. I can see how my excitement to have him back in my life could hurt you and feel like everything is falling apart. I won’t let it fall apart, Justin. Not after everything we’ve been through together. We mean too much to each other.  I love you with all that I am, Justin.”


“But you love him, too.”


“I do, and I’m sorry. It took me by surprise how much he still means to me.  I should be mad, hesitant to let him back into my life. But it was the easiest thing in the world. The second he touched my leg under the table at lunch, it started a snowball effect. I shouldn’t have liked it, but I did, I let him keep going. Then when he kissed me, there was no going back.”


“You wanna get ready to go?” Justin whispered into her neck.


“I know you. You packed the kids, and you have a surprise for me at the house.”


“Have I become THAT predictable?” he laughed quietly. 


“It shows how close we are, that I know you inside and out, that I can read your mind.”


“Are you reading my mind right now?” he growled. 


“Yes, and later. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of time for that later.  When were you thinking of heading over?”


“In an hour or so?  I wanna make sure everything is ready.”


“Justin, it’s a catered BBQ at the beach house.  It’s not like you’re the one doing the cooking…”


“No, I do that just for us.  I have something special planned for tomorrow, Mommy.”


“Better be that pasta I didn't get to make last night.”


“Stop stealing my ideas, woman.  I may just have to punish you tonight.”


“So what’s the incentive to stop if it means I get that later?” she giggled quietly.


“I guess there isn’t.  You’re sure we don’t have time…”


“No, Justin.  I just woke up, came downstairs.  Even if Jackie was here, someone would know something is up.”


“Something is DEFINITELY up…”


Mikayla playfully hit his chest.  “Later.  And you said I was the one with the high sex drive.”


“You are.  I’m wanting one long session, you’d prefer 3 to 4…”


“I’d say quality over quantity, but let’s be honest, they’re all quality.”


“I try,” Justin laughed.  “I’ll be back.”


“Taking matters into your own hands?” Mikayal teased.


“Cold shower.  Not that it’ll help, I’m gonna be like this all day, looking at you.  My beautiful wife…”

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story