Author's Chapter Notes:

3/3/23

“Mommy, you look so pretty,” Barb sighed as Mikayla came in to help her get dressed. 


“What can I say, Daddy’s team works miracles,” Mikayla chuckled. 


“It helps you’re gorgeous to begin with,” Justin said from the hallway.


“You can help me get ready in that, Mommy?”


“I’ll sit on your bed and I should be fine. You can get the dress on yourself, I’m just going to do your hair.”


“Can I get makeup like you?”


“Well, it IS your first movie premiere, I guess. Just some eyeshadow and lip gloss.  Nothing over the top.”


Barb pulled on her dress, Mikayla pulling her hair into a half ponytail, curling the ends. She sprayed a little glitter hairspray over it all to seal it in and add a splash of fun.  As fun as it was to do Barb's hair, every time she did, Barb looked more grown up.


“You’re growing up, baby girl.  It feels like yesterday you were as little as Silas, now you’re going to your first movie premiere.”


“Have you been to any?”


“A few.  I met Daddy at a release party for his second album. I was with Daddy JC then.  I went to premieres for Daddy’s movies, but I wasn’t on the red carpet with him for a couple.  Tonight, we’ll all be walking the carpet together.  It’s his first kids movie that he’s starring in, and since he became a daddy. So going with all of us, except Silas, will be really fun.”


“Is Silas too little?”


“Yeah, sweetheart.  He’s only a month old, he hasn’t gotten his first round of shots yet.  He could get sick.  He wouldn’t know what’s going on anyway.”


“Mommy, how do I look?” Joshy asked, walking into the room.  He had on a butter yellow polo shirt, dark wash jeans, and white sneakers; his hair slicked back to look like Justin’s current hairstyle.  


“So handsome.  Like both your daddies rolled into one.  Seriously, stop growing, both of you,” Mikayla teased.


“Permission to come in?” Justin asked.


“No, Daddy.  I want to make an entrance…”


“Of course you do,” Justin smiled. ”I’ll wait downstairs.”  Joshy walked out to wait with Justin while Mikayla finished up with Barb.  


Mikayla went to her bathroom and grabbed her makeup case.  She applied a light eyeshadow to match her dress, and added a little lip gloss. “Ok, this was a bad idea.  Now you look even MORE grown up…”


“Mommy, you’re so funny,” Barb laughed.  “I have to grow up, otherwise Silas will be older than me someday.”


“Nope, you’re all staying this little forever,” Mikayla laughed, tickling Barb’s tummy.  “You ready to make our grand entrance?  Well, one of them anyway…”


Barb nodded excitedly, a full smile on her face.  They walked down the hall to the stairs.


“I’m ready, Daddy,” she called.  Barb started down the stairs, Justin sucking in a breath as he saw his little girl looking more grown up.  She wore a light pink dress, somewhere between bubble gum and carnation, that flared out at the waist for that perfect twirl factor.  She reached the bottom of the stairs, twirling in the dress for the full effect.


“You look beautiful, sweet girl,” Justin smiled.


“Wait until you see Mommy.  Mommy, come down to show Daddy!”


Mikayla started down the stairs, Justin finding her absolutely exquisite.  Her hair was down, mostly straight with a curl in at the ends.  She wore a baby blue dress, with semi thick shoulder straps and the skirt layer had a flowy material that Mikayla felt hid her post baby body well.  She had a light silver eye with a touch of baby blue, and silver dressy sandals.


“Wow, Kay, you look incredible,” Justin was really at a loss for words.  It had been a while since they’d gotten dressed up, Justin admitting to himself she was way more dressed up than he was.  It stopped just below the knee, so it wasn't a full length formal dress, but Justin felt out of his league.  “Everyone will be looking at you.  I know I can’t stop.”


“I thought about wearing a less fancy yellow dress, but I didn't want to clash with Joshy’s yellow.  That and think of it as an homage to your favorite color…” she teased.


“I’ll never live that down,” Justin sighed. 


“Not unless you say it’s changed in an interview.  I do wish your hair was different. And how you styled Joshy’s…”


“What’s wrong with it? You’ve never said anything about not liking my hair before.”


Mikayla stepped closer to him, running her fingers through his hair. “I miss your curls. I know you hated them, but it was part of what I loved back then. Sometimes you embrace it, but I don’t wanna say anything and make you wanna change it. You usually do anyway, but…”


“I’ll think about it. No promises.”  He kissed her on the nose before stepping towards the twins. “You ready to go?”


The twins nodded, heading towards the garage to get in the car.  “Wrong way, kiddos,” Justin smiled.  “Tonight, we get a special ride.”


Barb’s eyes widened as she stepped out and saw the stretch limo.  “We get to ride in THAT?!” she exclaimed.


“We sure do, princess,” Mikayla smiled.  “We even got booster seats in there for you so you’re safe.”


Justin got in first, helping the twins buckle into their booster seats.  They sat along the side of the limo, the long bench that let the twins sit on each end so Justin and Mikayla could sit together between them.  Mikayla got in last, Justin smiling and wrapping his arm around her shoulder after she buckled in.  


“You are stunning, Kay,” he whispered in her ear.  “You don’t look like you had a baby a month ago.”


“Someone wants a little something when we get home…” she whispered back.


“Only if you do.  It hasn’t been 6 weeks yet, you haven’t been cleared for everything yet.”


“Hasn’t stopped either of you from things,” she smirked.  


“You can have a glass of champagne tonight, right?” Justin asked.


“Just one.  You really think they’ll have it here tonight?”


“I meant at home, after the twins go to bed.”


“I doubt I’ll make it through half a glass before we start…”


He unwrapped his arm around her, taking his hand in hers, resting it on his lap.  It looked innocent enough to the twins, but Mikayla smiled at feeling him hard under his pants.  She’d had three children and he still found her as desirable as when they first met.  


Barb and Joshy were wide eyed as the limo pulled up to the theater, seeing the crowds of people waiting for them to arrive.  Mikayla got out of the limo first, Barb and Joshy following suit before Justin finally emerged.  Cameras flashed as they walked the carpet.  Justin held Joshy’s hand, Joshy squeezing it tight in nervousness.  Justin gave a reassuring squeeze, smiling softly down at Joshy.


“You’re doing great,” Justin said quietly.  “They’re here to see me, but you’re an added bonus.  If you don’t  want to do more pictures, just squeeze my hand and we’ll move on.  Mommy and I are here with you.”


Joshy nodded, continuing to walk the carpet.  They led the twins to the start of the media area, taking pictures as they arrived.  Barb stood in front of Mikayla, holding hands with her brother.  Joshy’s other hand was holding Justin’s, ready to squeeze if things became too much.  It was the first time the twins had been really out for the public to see, at least in such a structured setting.


Joshy felt overwhelmed with all the cameras wanting to take pictures, starting to squeeze Justin’s hand.  Justin looked down at his son.  “I heard there’s some fun stuff around the corner.  I’ll have someone take you and Barb over, ok?” he whispered in Joshy’s ear.


Justin looked around slowly as they continued to take pictures and move down the carpet, finally seeing a familiar face.  He calmly waved them over, explaining the situation and having her lead the twins off the carpet.  Barb was hesitant to go, having too much fun being part of the center of attention.  She gave a final twirl for the cameras before being escorted away.


Mikayla leaned in close to Justin, the pair being photographed, looking this way and that at cameras.  Justin was proud of how well she was doing.  She’d never been one to be in the spotlight, playing the part of his supportive partner.  She laughed at the idea of being eye candy when she was married to Justin Timberlake.  She would always blush as the media’s responses to when they went to award shows or movie premieres, how put together she looked, sometimes outshining her husband, according to certain media outlets.  She was curious if this would be another one of those times, especially after just having SIlas.


She stepped back, going to check on the twins while Justin took pictures solo or with other cast members, Justin trying to keep an eye on them to visually check in from time to time.  As he reached the end of the carpet, he walked over to the twins playing with some of the other cast kids and entertainment meant to accompany the premiere.


There was a light dinner available before moving to the theater, Justin having requested it with the twins and other kids in mind.  If this was a family friendly movie, the premiere needed to be family friendly as well.  The twins grabbed mini corn dogs, Mikayla putting veggies they liked on their plates for a more balanced meal.  



Soon it was time to go in to see the movie, the twins excited to see the finished product of what Justin had been working on.  They’d gotten bits and pieces, now finally able to see it all as one movie.  The twins sat between Justin and Mikayla, Justin wanting to make the twins a priority for the night.  He’d have plenty of time that night for things with Mikayla, wanting to make sure the twins were their focus now.  


The twins were vocal about their thoughts or feelings during the movie, laughing at certain jokes they got, being scared at other times, enjoying the movie as they watched.  It got to the end, and Barb’s eyes lit up.  


“It’s your song, Daddy!” she cheered as Poppy began to sing the final song.  The twins had heard it enough that they were able to sing along, getting out of their seats and dancing along as the movie ended.


“I’d say it’s a hit,” Mikayla smiled at Justin.


They headed home, the twins falling asleep in the limo after all the excitement of the premiere.  Justin looked at Mikayla.  “Can we get a head start on the rest of the night?”


“You’re asking if we can make out in a limo?” she laughed.  


“We have kids sleeping on either side of us…”


“We’ll just have to be quiet, then,” she encouraged.



The next morning, Mikayla sat in the kitchen, enjoying a cup of tea before the twins woke up; enjoying a rare quiet as Silas had just gone back to sleep.  She scrolled through her phone, checking social media and her emails.


One headline caught her eye.  An Almost Family Affair- JC Chasez missing from family movie premiere with Mikayla Timberlake and their twins.


The article, while saying she looked amazing after having a baby, also slammed her and Justin for not including JC at the premiere, or having Mikayla stay home with newborn Silas.  This led her down a rabbit hole of articles critiquing the movie, some commenting on the red carpet portion and criticizing Mikayla in one form or another.


Justin walked into the kitchen, seeing the look on his wife’s face.  “What’s wrong?”

 

She pulled out a chair beside her, putting her phone on the table.  “I can’t catch a fucking break…”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story