Author's Chapter Notes:

3/17/23

She woke up the next morning, both men curled up to her, arms wrapped around her. As much as she wanted to stay in bed, her breasts ached to nurse or pump. She carefully moved herself out of their arms, half expecting them to pull each other in their sleep.


She went into the bathroom, closing the door for a little privacy, it wasn’t the most glamorous or sexy thing in the world that she wanted them to unknowingly walk in on.


She started the bath, putting enough water that she could put her legs in.  She sat, doing her best to relax. The night before flooded her thoughts, trying to fight a stirring within her body. She’d known deep down nothing would change, that they would still love her and do whatever it took to make her feel incredible. The last 6 weeks had made her feel like when she and JC were starting out, waiting for the right moment for her first time. It felt a bit like her and Justin, waiting until their wedding night.  All the foreplay had been incredible, why she doubted the final act would be different was a mystery to her. 


She was deep in thought about just how much they meant to her when she heard two manly voices screaming. She smiled, fairly sure of what had happened.  She had finished pumping, opening the door to the bedroom, finding the guys on opposite sides of the bed.


“What happened?” she asked innocently. 


“Did you get up to pump?” Justin asked. She nodded silently. 


“Next time, wake one or both of us,” JC groaned. 


“What happened?” she asked again. 


“We may or may not have been against each other and touched lips,” Justin muttered. 


“I wondered if you two would end up snuggling, but kissing was an added bonus,” she smiled. 


“Glad you think it’s funny,” JC sneered. 


“Oh come on. If this were a movie you’d be waiting for it to happen.  You only think it’s not funny because it’s you.”


“Now that I’m awake, I’m gonna brush my teeth and then make breakfast,” Justin said, standing up. 


“Could be worse,” Mikayla laughed. “You could’ve had a little morning something with each other.”


“Seriously, wake one or both of us whenever we share a bed,” JC requested. 


“Christmas, right? That’s the next time I’m aware of. That’s a few days together with family too, that should be fun.”


“We’re really gonna share a bed, the 3 of us, with our families there?” JC asked. 


“My family knows, Justin’s knows, so why not?” Mikayla replied. 


“We’re telling our families about all of this?!”


“We’re doing the ceremony in June, so it makes sense.”


“I haven’t told my parents yet,” JC admitted. “I wanna see them in person, this isn’t something you just do over the phone.”


“I did,” Justin shrugged.  “Mom already kinda had an idea of what was going on. I mean, she doesn’t know the sexual parts of it, she probably thinks she goes back and forth, not stuff like last night or other times.”


“That was incredible, but the way,” Mikayla giggled. 


“Don’t have to convince me, you on top of me like that, damn that was hot.”


“Both of you were just, words can’t even describe it. Justin, hurry up with breakfast, cuz I think I’m wanting something a little wild before we leave,” Mikayla smirked. 


“Fuck breakfast, we’ll eat on the way home,” Justin chuckled, pulling her onto the bed.



The next few weeks flew by.  Mikayla chewed her bottom lip nervously. 


“Relax, Kay.  It’ll be fine,” Justin reassured her. 


“I haven’t been at the school since their first day of school, Justin.  To be back there, with you and Josh…”


“We’re no different than the divorced families I know in their class.  Well, that’s a lie. We’re different cuz we’ll be sitting together, getting along. No one else will know beyond us co-parenting the twins in a healthy friendship. Nothing has suggested more than that for a while. So as long as you aren’t sticking your tongue down his throat in front of everyone, we should be fine.”


“I’ll control myself,” she laughed. “Joshy has another big solo this year. You think that’ll be a trend?  Especially being a boy that can sing well, not shy about it.”


“He’s been practicing so hard with me. He wanted to make it special, surprise you.”


“I’m already proud of him, this makes my mommy heart burst.”


Justin pulled into the parking lot of the school, seeing a spot next to JC’s Jeep.  JC was still inside, looking up and smiling once he saw Mikayla and Justin.  All three of them got out of their respective cars.  


“Jesus, C, could you have parked any farther?  We’re practically on the street.”


“I wanted to be able to hug her without a lot of eyes seeing us.”  He stepped forward, opening his arms to embrace Mikayla.  She wrapped her arms around him, trying not to look too comfortable in his embrace.  JC hugged Justin as well, for good measure, in case anyone was watching.  


They walked onto the campus together, a few other families walking into the auditorium.  They sat in the back, hoping to not gather much attention, but also to get wider shots of both the kids in case they were on opposite sides of the stage.  The stage wasn’t that big, maybe 20 feet from edge to edge, and thankfully the auditorium was so small that even in the back you had a good seat.  


“You should be right in front,” one woman said to them from the row in front of them.


“This is for the kids, we don’t need the attention on us.  This is fine, we can see the whole stage and get pictures and video of both the kids.  It’s fine.  Thank you, though,” Mikayla said politely.  She looked more at the woman, feeling like she recognized her.  


“It’s nice to see all of you together.  Last time I saw you was the first day of school.  We missed you at Halloween.”


“It’s you,” Mikayla gasped.  “You were so nice to me.  Everything had just happened, and you were so nice to me.  We’ve made things work, the kids have been so great through everything.  Silas, our youngest, was born October 1st, so I wasn’t wanting to take him out anywhere just yet.  He’s with our nanny so we can be here.”  She pulled out her phone, showing off pictures of the twins with Silas.


“Oh he is just GORGEOUS,” the woman fawned.  “I meant it then, and I mean it now. It’s great you are able to get along so well for the kids.  I can’t tell you how many families I see where they can’t be in the same room together.”


“We used to be like that,” JC admitted, “but we’ve come a long way.  It was hardest when the school let her go, so we haven’t been around much…”


“Is THAT what happened?  No wonder…”


“What?” Mikayla wondered.


“My youngest is in this class.  My older one is in 3rd grade, and said the music part is not doing well.  They hired a new teacher that isn’t very good, I’ve heard rumblings at other sites of the whole program being a mess right now.  Now it makes sense.  That’s why a lot of us are here, the music program.”


“We worked very hard to get it to what it was, I’m sorry it somehow fell apart so quickly.”


“Teachers were quitting right as school started, so they were scrambling to find anyone in a short amount of time.”


“Well, I hope they can figure things out, for the good of the students.  I think they’re about ready to start, but thank you for the kind words,” Mikayla said softly.


“I wonder if they’ll come to their senses,” JC whispered to her.


“I don’t know.  I almost don’t care, because of how things ended.  This is starting to sound familiar.  As much as I’m glad I took you back, I don’t know that coming back here would be that satisfying.”


The lights dimmed and the show began. Barb was an elf with plenty of flare they knew she’d brought for herself compared to the other elves on stage. 


“That’s our girl,” Justin smiled. “All about the drama and being extra.”


Joshy was a Christmas tree, though his role was oxymoronic. He played the titular Littlest Christmas Tree, but was one of the tallest in the class. Mikayla was sure this was because of the solo attached to the part. Joshy had to bend his knees to make himself look shorter.


Mikayla had to remind herself it was just a play as other characters, including Barb, told him he wasn’t good enough to be Santa’s Christmas tree.  


They got to the climax of the play, Joshy’s solo about what Christmas is really about, love. He sang most of the song by himself, the rest of the class joining on the chorus. Justin and JC each softly held Mikayla’s hands, all of them so proud of him in that moment. As Joshy sang the last line of the song, Barb reached behind him and flicked a switch which lit up his costume. It was at that moment that Mikayla cried, seeing Barb be supportive of her brother in the spotlight. 


The show finished, and the parents got up to get their children before going to the classroom. Joshy stood there expectantly, waiting for his family.


“You were so great, buddy!” JC beamed, picking up his son. He squeezed him tight and kissed his cheek. 


“Dad,” Joshy sighed, squirming to be put back down on the ground.  “Mommy, was I good?”


“I’m so proud of you, of BOTH of you,” she smiled, looking at Barb. “Your teacher let you have all those little extras?”


“She thought it was cute. I tried to share some with my friends, but she said I couldn’t.”


“We could talk all day about the show and how you guys did, but I KNOW you wanna get back to class and eat all the snacks they have out,” Justin smiled. “Just know you both did great, we love you, and are so proud of you.”


They walked to the classroom, the twins eager to get their costumes off and have some snacks. Mikayla helped them out of their costumes, giving them back to the teacher. 


“This was such a fun production, thank you,” Mikayla smiled. 


“I love it. It’s short enough to hold their attention, and helps with public speaking and all that. Though based on their parents, it shouldn’t come as a surprise just how good they are with it.”


“We want to encourage it, for sure, but also not push them too hard,” JC said. 


“We?” the teacher asked. 


“I’m guessing you haven’t heard?” Justin responded. “They’re Timberlakes only by marriage. Not that being a Chasez is a terrible thing,” he laughed. 


“Wait, so you’re…”


“JC Chasez, nice to meet you.  I’m the twins’ father. It’s complicated but we’re making it work.”


“Oh, well, I’m sure you’re all proud of those two.”


“We certainly are,” JC smiled. The teacher walked away. “She looked like we had 3 heads or something. Yeah, it’s not that much different than if we’d been married and got divorced. Not that I’d be stupid enough to let you go if I had the chance again.”


“Enough, someone will hear you,” Mikayla shushed. “This isn’t about either of you, who you are, your talents, who I’m married to. Right now it is about the twins.”


A few other parents they’d known from their years at the school or from their previous school year made small talk, the vibe pretty relaxed and welcome. Almost as if nothing has happened, it being natural for them to all be together for such an event. 


“Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to come back after all,” Mikayla sighed. “You know, if they want me back.”


“Based on what we heard earlier, they’d be idiots not to want you back,” JC said quietly. 


“Think it over, weigh your options, where your heart lies. I know you’d been looking into nonprofits to work with.  Being on a board or something would be a good move, allow you to use what you learned here and put it to good use for those without access,” Justin added. 

 

“I’ll think it over, but for now my focus is on my family.”  She smiled as she wrapped her arms around both of them, watching the twins and feeling content.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story