Author's Chapter Notes:

3/31/23

They finished breakfast, the parents reminding the kids that even if they finished early, they still had to wait for the adults to finish before they could open presents.


“Can I at least help sort them into piles?” Miranda’s oldest asked, his younger brother nodding that he wanted to help, too.


“We’ll be watching you, but yes,” Miranda replied. “The good thing about them being older is they can read and like to help.”


“I’m sure it has nothing to do with it being Christmas, so they’re offering to help to stay on our good side,” Mikayla chuckled.  “No, they’re great boys. We’re lucky to have such good kids run in the families.”


“She’s met us, right?” Justin laughed as he looked at JC.  


“We were good kids, just given way too much freedom and definitely too much sugar,” JC chuckled.


“I blame Chris for that,” Justin replied.


“That’s what I liked about you guys,” Carolina said.  “None of you seemed like trouble.  I took one look at AJ from the Backstreet Boys, though, that was enough to know Miranda couldn’t get in as deep as Mikayla had.”


“Is THAT why I went to *NSYNC concerts?” Miranda asked.  “Because you thought the other groups were too dangerous?”


“They had tattoos and facial hair,” Carolina sighed.


“You wanna tell her?” Justin laughed.


“Hey, I never got a tattoo,” JC laughed back.


“Well, you didn’t have any clearly visible, and even with facial hair none of you looked threatening or dangerous.”


“Not even when Justin went solo?”


“All I know is what I heard when I’d drive you girls just about everywhere, which was before that.”


“You’re still a saint for allowing me to play Digital Getdown in the car and not skip over it,” Mikayla sighed.


“I doubt mom even knew what the song was about,” Miranda chuckled.  “I know I didn't at the time.  Of course, I was 13…”


“Do I wanna know?” Carolina asked.


“No,” Karen laughed.  “Sometimes, you just have to be ok with what makes your kids happy.”


“Thanks, Mom,” JC laughed wryly.


“The stunts you kids pulled on each other over the years,” Lynn sighed.  “Why do you think I stopped touring with you once you turned 16?”


“Because you trusted me?” Justin replied hopefully.


“Because I knew as you got older you’d only do more that would drive me crazy.  It’s any wonder I didn’t wring your neck some days…”


“Don’t worry, we did that for you, trust me,” JC laughed.  


They finished breakfast, the boys pointing out the piles to everyone.  They decided that even though it would take much longer, they would go around and open gifts one at a time, each person opening one before the next person took their turn.  They could pick whichever gift they wanted from their pile.  


The boys got an art kit and a rock polisher, something each of them were into.  Tyler’s girls got dress-up clothes with princesses and different career uniforms.  The twins got mure Duplo blocks and Magna-tiles.  Everyone took turns opening gifts, being able to watch as everyone opened their gifts and were able to thank them individually instead of during a chaos of ripping paper and going from one present to the next.  It let them appreciate each gift and the person who gave it to them.


Once all the presents were opened, the kids went to open what they wanted to play with.  Justin cleared his throat, getting everyone’s attention.  “I have one last present, and I wanted everyone to be together for it.”


“It must be big if it’s the last one,” Miranda’s boys said.


“Oh, it’s big alright,” Justin chuckled, slightly nervous.  He got up and walked into the kitchen, pulling an envelope out of a drawer.  “Mikayla, JC, I want you two to open it.”


“Not about this summer, I hope,” Lynn said.


“Well, it might take that long, maybe even longer, we’ll see,” Justin replied.


Mikayla opened the manila envelope, pulling out a stack of official papers. She began looking over it, as did JC. “Justin, what exactly is this?  I mean, I see our names on it, but…” Mikayla wondered.


“Justin, no, you didn’t,” JC gasped.


“It’s official paperwork to give you parental rights, and the twins will officially be Timberlake-Chasez.  Nothing finalized, but it’s been filed with lawyers and will be going through the appropriate channels.”


“What does it mean, Daddy?” Joshy asked.


JC smiled softly at the twins.  “It means we’ll both be your legal dads, and you’ll have my last name as part of it.  Justin, thank you.  I know we’d discussed some of this, but I figured with how things were going so far, we didn't need to make it official.  That I’ll legally be their father, able to help make decisions on their behalf along with you two…  Thank you.”


“Justin, that is very sweet,” Karen smiled.  “I’m proud of my grandbabies, no matter what their last name is.”


‘So we’ll have two daddies?” Barb asked.


“Yes, but you kinda knew that already.  Though no, it is VERY different than your friend with two mommies,” Mikayla said lightly, trying not to laugh at the thought.


“Yeah, not the same at all,” JC agreed.


“I love it.  Truly making us one family,” Mikayla smiled. 


Barb gasped loudly, catching everyone’s attention. “Look, it’s snowing!!!”


Sure enough, white flakes fell softly to the ground, Mikayla’s heart feeling full of love and Christmas magic. She hugged the twins tight, watching the snow fall.



The kids all crashed early, exhausted from the excitement of Christmas, playing with their new toys, playing in the snow outside, and full bellies from dinner.


“Anyone wanna sit around the fire pit and talk?” Justin offered. 


“Why go outside when there’s a perfectly good fireplace in here, and plenty of wine to be had?” Miranda answered.


“I at least wanna soak in the hot tub,” Mikayla said. “Something I haven’t been able to do in a long time.”


“That area is covered outside, so maybe that’s not so bad,” Miranda decided. “I’ll join you.”


The two went off, slowly being joined by Tyler and Sarah, Heather, and then Justin and JC. 


“Is it really the kids in the hot tub and our parents inside?” Mikayla laughed. 


“I think so,” Justin replied. “Grabbed some drinks, and some waters so we don’t completely overdo it.”


They sat in the hot tub, talking about various things about the kids. Eventually, things got quiet. 


“So, do you have threesomes?” Tyler asked. 


“Wow, that came out of nowhere,” JC answered. 


“Come on, I can’t be the only one curious about how this little triangle works. Do you guys take turns with her, or both at the same time?”


“Tyler!” Sarah gasped, slapping his forearm. 


“What? You’ve asked me before what I think they do…” Tyler said defensively. 


“Just throw me under the bus,” Sarah sighed. “I swear, you have no filter when you drink…”


“First off, Ty, that’s none of your business.  Do any of us ask about your sex life? It doesn’t affect you, so why even ask?”


“Dude, everyone knows you’re into weird stuff, the songs you’ve written, people you’ve dated.  You used to fuck a porn star for God’s sake…”


“Tyler, shut up or get out, if you know what’s best for you,” Justin said with a glare.


“By this time next year, you’ll be married and the kids will have both last names,” Heather said, changing the subject. “I’m sure that’s an incredible feeling, Josh.”


“I know the wedding won’t be official, but it’ll be symbolic that we’re still in love even though things have happened.  I've made a lot of mistakes, so the fact that any of this is happening is amazing.”


“Josh, I know you said you don’t want anyone up there with us, but why not? Give ourselves more of  the wedding we would have had if things hadn’t gone south.”


“Justin, would you be ok standing up there with me, watching me marry her?”


“I’d rather be beside you than just a guest. I’d have been beside you at the other one…”


“I’d be the best man,” Tyler said. 


“Ummm, no,” Justin countered.


“I’m his brother.”


“Legally,” Justin scoffed.


“Enough,” JC broke the argument. “You’d both be my best man, best men as it were.  Or I’d just have groomsmen with no top honor.”


“So you’re really ok with that?  Having it more like an actual wedding?  My dad can walk me down the aisle, you and your guys in incredible suits…”


“I’ll hook us up, Tom owes me a favor,” Justin said.


“The girls in great dresses…” Mikayla continued.


“The only dress I care about is the one you’re going to wear,” JC smiled, wrapping his arm around Mikayla.


“Looks like the folks are all going to bed,” Heather said, looking in the window of the main cabin.  “I think we should turn in, too.  Who knows what’s on the agenda for tomorrow.”


They said their goodnights and all got out, quickly wrapping towels or long robes around themselves to stay warm before rushing inside.  The three of them were now in the warmth of their guest house, admittedly looking questioningly at each other.  The two men were looking at Mikayla, who had an unexpected look on her face.


“You look like you’re thinking about something,” Justin said, finally breaking the silence.


“I am,” she smirked, taking her suitcase into the bathroom.  She changed out of her bathing suit, hanging it to dry over the shower curtain rod.  She opened the door, walking back into the rest of the guest house.  The guys looked at her, admittedly a little slack jawed.


“I thought you said-” JC started.


“I know.  Between you being willing to give me the wedding I want, and Justin giving you full legal parental rights, it’s made me feel things all day.  Things I think should be taken care of immediately, now that we’re alone.”

 

The two looked at each other before looking back at her, stepping towards her to fulfill her every desire.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading this far, I hope you liked this chapter.  I feel it was funnier than most.  Feedback is appreciated.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story