“How is this going to work?” Mikayla wondered.  


“Their flights should be coming in soon, then they’ll be shuttled here so we all get on this plane together,” Justin said.


“I still can’t believe it.  The twins finished preschool, they’ll start kindergarten in the fall.  And now we’re waiting for our families to board the plane to fly to Montana for the wedding… Time goes by too quickly, Justin.”


“It does,” JC sighed, sitting down on the other side of Mikayla.  "Jackie has the kids playing and coloring in their little area until everyone gets here.  I say that like it isn’t something we can keep an eye on from here,” he chuckled.  He wasn’t wrong, they could see the space from their seats, the twins looking grown up beyond their years somehow.  Avery, along with Trace and Tyler’s girls would sit there with them during the flight, able to play once given the ok to unbuckle themselves.


The plane would be full, with over 35 people on board.  It would certainly test their house, though their parents would be in the house next door.  Thankfully their homes were close together, the backyards being expansive behind the houses.  


Justin looked at his watch. “Trace, Samantha, and my family should be landing in the next 5 minutes.  Everyone else will arrive within the hour, if there are no delays.”


“I’m glad everyone is able to make it.  I know we’ve been waiting with baited breath.  We got medical clearance a couple days ago for both your dads, and that was such a relief.  To have all of our families there, blood and chosen…”


“It’s going to be perfect,” JC smiled, taking her hand in his.


“What did you decide for the honeymoon?” Justin asked.  “The offer still stands for the house in the Bahamas.”


“Thank you.  I actually found a European river cruise.  It lets us travel somewhere we’ve never been together, and is low profile enough that most people on board won’t know who I am.  We can be newlyweds and just stay on the ship the whole time if we want.”


“You mean in your cabin?” Justin smirked, giving a knowing look.


“We’ll figure things out, see what’s available that might be low key enough. With the cruise, you’re only in a city for a day, so even if anyone sees us, we’re gone the next day so they can’t follow us.  The trip goes for two weeks.  From there, I’ve made flight arrangements to the house in the Bahamas, but we want you and the kids to be there.  Do stuff as a whole family, that way if we’re seen, it’s less suspicious.”


“I’ll get flights for us figured out.  I know we have almost a week in Montana before the wedding, but I’m missing you already, Kay.  How is that possible?”


“I felt the same way when you went off on tour while the twins were little.  You had rehearsals around home, but the closer we got to when you’d actually leave, it was gut wrenching some days.  Seeing you at home, but knowing it would only be a matter of days before I wouldn’t see you for a few weeks or a month.  I made sure we took advantage of whatever time we had to be together, as a family.”


“Sure, as a family…” Justin chuckled, his voice low.  “I remember there being a lot of sex before I left and whenever I’d be home…”


“Are you saying there shouldn’t have been?” Mikayla asked.


“No, not complaining at all, but don’t say you wanted to spend time as a family when the twins were 20 something months old and wouldn’t have known the difference.  Jackie had them a lot of that time because we were up in our bedroom.  Again, not complaining, cuz I’ll gladly throw down when my wife wants it, but don’t go making shit up.”


“Is that what I have to look forward to before his next tour?  Lots of time just the two of you?” JC wondered. 


“You get her when I’m on tour, so yeah, I think it evens out a bit.  Probably giving you more time with her unless you come on tour with me for any part of it.  I think you’ll survive, C.  If anything, I’ll be the one worrying that she won’t want to when I’m home, she’ll have had you every night, potentially.”


“I think you’re both overthinking this.  Mainly with the amount of sex I’m going to be having,” she laughed.  “I know it’s more than it used to be, but I also have two of you to satisfy.  I don’t know that I’ll have the energy for as much as you guys are thinking.  I’m glad you think you’ll want me every night….”


“I don’t think so, I know so.  I think C agrees with me on this one.  We’d have you every day if you’d let us, multiple times a day,” Justin interrupted.  JC nodded in agreement.


“Maybe because it’ll be our honeymoon, I kinda have that expectation.  No one there stopping us, no kids, having all the time we want to do what we want,” JC agreed.


She felt a stirring inside herself at the thought of nothing but sex with him for two weeks.  “Maybe because it’s our honeymoon.  There’s too much going on in real life for that to be the norm and not the exception.  I’m past the days of having Jackie watch the kids so we can have alone time.”


“Still terrible whisperers,” Jackie laughed, standing right in front of them as the twins continued playing.  “Mikayla, I’m pretty sure most people think you and Justin are at it like rabbits, at least based on how people perceive Justin to be.  You don’t get labeled a sex symbol in your late teens, early twenties, and lose that status when you stay so good looking.  Justin, if you’d let yourself go, sure, but you haven’t.”


“Yeah, the fandom still sees both of you as sex symbols, based on the videos I see being shared, the posts in general,” Mikayla agreed.


“You know that better than anyone,” Jackie said.  “Living most women’s fantasies, especially within the fandom.  Most women would love to have one man that treats her like you do, but she has two…”


“I’m very lucky, I definitely recognize that.  Enough talk about this, our families will be here soon.  Why isn’t my family here yet?” Mikayla wondered.


“We figured we had some time since the other flights came in later,” Miranda said from the stairs leading into the plane.  


“How much did you hear?” Justin asked, worried.


“Just her wondering where we were.  Justin, your family is about a minute behind us, I see their carts coming.”


“I’m glad this isn’t a super small plane, we’d barely fit in here just the 6 of us.  It’s still crazy that we’ll take up most of the seats on this plane by the time everyone is in and we’re ready for takeoff,” Mikayla sighed.  Sometimes she still couldn’t believe this was the life she led.


Her parents came up the stairs, their bags being put in the storage compartment below.  They heard voices outside, knowing Justin’s family had arrived.  They made their way up, greeting everyone with hugs, kisses for some, especially the twins.


“Are you nervous?” Lynn asked JC.  “I almost feel like I should be asking Mikayla the same question.”


“I’m more nervous that this will get out somehow.  I’m not nervous about making Kay my wife, even if it’s not legal and just symbolic.  I have no regrets about that, only the choices I made back then that made it so she couldn’t be my actual wife.”


“What’s past is past,” Randy said, putting a hand on JC’s shoulder. “We may not fully understand it, but we support you all in whatever you feel it takes to make this work.”


Trace’s girls came practically running up the stairs, excited to see the twins.  They hadn’t met Silas yet, so that was definitely on their to-do list as well.  As they got up the stairs and started to race for the twins, Justin stood in front of them.  “You really think you’ll get away with no saying hi to me first?” he chuckled lightly.  He crouched down, pulling them into his arms.  “How are my two favorite goddaughters?”


“We’re good, uncle Justin.  Can we go see Barb and Joshy now?  Oh, we wanna meet Silas!” the girls gushed.


“Just be careful with him,” Justin said, walking over to the playpen and lifting Silas out of it into his arms.  "Silas, these are your sisters from another mister.  Wow, ok, that definitely needs to not come out of my mouth again…”  He looked at JC, knowing that was exactly what the twins were, but had never put it that way before.  At least they had the same mom, but the way he had phrased it, it hit him almost like a punch to the gut.


The girls were too busy fussing over Silas to notice Justin’s uneasiness, JC picking it up in a heartbeat.  Trace approached Justin, putting a hand on his shoulder.  “You ok, man?”


“Yeah, I’ll be fine,” Justin said, shrugging the moment off.  He reminded himself this wedding was for Mikayla and JC, but that it didn't mean he had any less of a tie to her. She was still his legal wife, the only woman he’d ever want, and knowing she wanted him just as much.  He was starting to understand more of his missing her already, trying to remind himself that it was only a couple weeks, and not leaving him and the kids for good.  


“The girls have been looking forward to this for a while. I have, too.  I’ve been talking with Tyler on the “bachelor” party.  We’ll play it off as just a guy’s night, but it should be fun.”


“Please, no strippers…” JC sighed as he walked up.  “I don’t need a woman recognizing one or both of us.”


“No promises there, C,” Trace winked. 


“I gotta talk to Tyler…”


“We toyed with the idea of going to a club, being out in public, as you can, get you a lap dance since you’re the single one.  If you really don’t want it, we’ll do something else.”


“Do they even have a strip club there?” Justin asked. "It’s a small town, not exactly seeming like it would have one.”


“Ok, so we only discussed it and didn’t actually plan too much. We kinda figured we’d play it by ear.”


“Sounds good, man.  Just having some drinks, maybe playing some pool or darts or some shit like that. It doesn’t have to be this wild night like we had back in the day,” Justin said. 


“I’m 40, I don’t need to try and relive my 20s. I’ve been happiest when I’m with Kay, so any time with the guys is fine. Like Justin said, just going to a bar and having some drinks and relaxing with the guys…” JC added. 


“Is there anything planned for the girls?  I haven’t heard of anything yet,” Samnatha inquired.


“I don’t need anything.  I was pregnant for the first wedding, we did stuff before the one in Italy, and leaving Jackie to watch 7 kids?”


“Why did I think there would be more kids?” Justin wondered aloud, giving JC a knowing look.  “Whatever you wanna do, Kayla.”


“Don’t give me THAT much power,” Mikayla laughed.


“Why, you planning world domination?” JC chuckled.


“Well, dominating SOMETHING,” she replied with a smirk.


“Oh shit…” Trace gasped with a laugh.



Everyone was soon on board, the plane door closing to prepare for takeoff.  The kids were in one area, parents or grandparents checking in.  Once the crew was finally ready, everyone was seated for takeoff.  It was still Mikayla’s least favorite part about flying.  That initial feeling of being up in the air made her uneasy.  Justin and JC sat on either side of her, holding her hands.  They made sure the plane was a temperature she found comfortable, sitting her under where she could feel the moving air.  She had gotten better about flying in general, not needing the air as on her as much during the flight, but having a private plane they could customize to her comfort definitely helped make that possible.  


JC remembered their first plane trip together, to see his family in Orlando.  She was a mess most of the way, the air above her not enough to get her comfortable, having a headache and feeling nauseous the whole flight.  Even with taking Dramamine, she didn’t feel fully normal and still couldn’t sleep on the flights, despite her best efforts.  


Justin remembered their first flight, going to the Bahamas.  On top of her normal issues with flying, she was pregnant and afraid of what would happen next.  She’d been heartbroken by JC not wanting to get back together.  Now, he was on his private plane with JC and all their family to help them get married.  He almost wondered what things would be like if none of that had happened, but he knew the answer.  He would be miserable without her.  He and Jess might have gotten back together, but he wouldn’t have the love that he was glad to have with Mikayla.  He would do anything for her, including allowing another man into their marriage.  As jealous as he got sometimes, he knew her happiness mattered more than his own.  He didn’t always understand it, none of them did, but he was thankful for everything he’d been allowed to have with her.


Mikayla held her breath as they sped down the runway and the plane left the ground, trying to remind herself everything would be ok.  She had the kids to focus on if she felt anxious, had some of those closest to her with her that understood her quirks with flying.  In a few short hours they would be in Montana, settling in for the week to come.


…  


They arrived at the airport in Montana, everyone getting off the plane and waiting to get their luggage before getting into vans for the cabins.


4 large vans pulled up, along with one of their Escalades from the house.  “Who is driving our car?” Mikayla wondered.  “Everyone we trust to drive it is here, unless you hired someone…”


“You don’t trust me?” a voice called from the open driver’s window.  “I’m hurt…”  He opened the door, stepping out of the vehicle.


“Lance!” Mikayla shrieked.  “Wait, why didn't he fly with us?  How is he here?”


“We could only fly so many on the plane, we actually had to do 2 trips, kinda.  Not really, actually.  Go see who the other drivers are,” Justin encouraged with a smile.


The other drivers got out of the vans, Mikayla seeing Joey, Chris, Michael, and Karly.  “You’re supposed to drive us to the cabins?” Mikayla laughed, teasing the guys.


“Hell no.  We got here a couple hours ago and were just told to bring the vans,” Joey chuckled.


“SOME of us were trusted to drive people,” Karly giggled.  “Right Michael, Lance?”


“Right,” they replied.


“Man, you really don’t trust us, T?” Chris whined.


“I trust you to drive empty vans.  I’d prefer more seasoned pros drive them full of people.”  He turned to Mikayla.  “Was this a nice surprise?  Did you really forget they would be here?”


“I guess I thought that whoever was on the plane were the ones able to come, so I was happy with whatever support we had for this whole thing,” Mikayla answered honestly.

 

“We’re all here for you,” Karly smiled, giving Mikayla a hug.  “Now let’s get to the houses and get this wedding week started!”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story