Author's Chapter Notes:

12/2/22

Mikayla walked out of the bathroom into the master bedroom.  Justin was finishing tying his tie when he saw her out of the corner of his eye.


“You look beautiful, Kay.  Not surprised of course, it’s you, that dress…”


“It’s been a while since I’ve worn this,” she said, glad it still fit. 


“I’m not an idiot, it looks great on you and has meaning for you and JC.”


“And the brown bag?” she asked. 


“I won’t get to enjoy it, but knowing you will is enough.”


“How long until our dinner reservation?”


“A private car will be here in 30.”


“Perfect, just enough time…”


Justin started to question her when she pressed his lips to hers, feeling her melt into his arms.


“Kay, no…”


“I’m the birthday girl, this is what I want. It’s bad luck to tell the birthday girl no…”


“I don’t think that’s a thing,” he chuckled. 


“Pants off, on the bed, now,” she ordered. 


He was done trying to argue, quickly pulling everything on his waist down around his ankles. He hadn’t been expecting this, his body starting to get to full attention. He groaned as she stroked him, feeling him get harder in her hand. 


“You gonna be ok?” Justin wondered. 


“You tell me…”


His hands pushed the green velvet of her dress up her body, up over her ass and hips.  He ran a finger along her, surprised by how ready she was.  “Fuck, Kay…”


“My thoughts exactly, baby.”  She kissed him deeply, straddling his lap, lowering herself onto him as he rolled his hips to meet her.


Her rhythm against him was needy, chaotic, desperate.


“You and JC…” Justin started.


“That’s later. I want you, now. Be a good boy and cum for me.”


“Fuck, yes Kay…”


He was surprised at how quickly it all ended, feeling like they’d just started.  He watched as Mikayla walked back into the bathroom to freshen up, following her lead.


“Not that I’m complaining, but…”


“You had to know that was coming,” she giggled. 


“Pun intended, I’m sure.  Seriously, we had our time this morning, why now?”


“Does it matter? You were trying to set up me and JC with this, so why not give yourself a piece of the action?”


“Cuz I know I’ll get you all to myself soon enough.  Finish up and I’ll give you your next present.”


“Justin, you didn’t…”


“You think I wouldn’t spoil my wife, the woman carrying my baby?  Do you even know me?”


“Yes, so I shouldn’t be surprised…”


She fixed her dress, smoothing everything out to perfection before sitting on their bed. Justin went by to the closet, pulling out a box. 


“One is for work, the other for play, as it were…”


She opened the lid, finding a large black Prada handbag that looked very official, and a smaller black leather  clutch.


“Justin, thank you.”


“Hopefully it fits what you need for tonight and other nights out.”


“It’s perfect.  Let me get it all set up and then we’ll head downstairs.”  She took it into the bathroom, putting a small bottle of Tylenol, her lipstick, and a couple other items inside the clutch, walking back out ready to go.


They walked down the stairs, standing in the family room to say goodbye to the twins.


“You look beautiful, Mommy,” Barb said with a gasp.


“You do, Kayla,” JC blushed, seeing the dress she was wearing.   “Your mommy looks very beautiful…” he sighed, squeezing Barb next to him. 


Mikayla gave the twins hugs and kisses goodnight, smiling with a twinkle in her eyes at JC.  She noticed as his eyes became more intense as he continued to look at her.


“The car will be here soon, and Jackie will pick them up around 8. They’ll get home after bedtime but that’ll be for me to worry about in the morning…” Justin explained.


“You’re ok with an early dinner?” JC asked. 


“The reservation is set and it gives her an early night,” Justin said, trying not think of his wife having sex with one of his best friends. He knew the arrangement they had, but he didn’t want to picture it in his head more than he had to.


The car arrived, Justin helping Mikayla in before getting in himself.  The ride was short, Mikayla recognizing the area.


“Same place as last year,” she smiled, grabbing his hand.


“I thought it would be nice, same table, same everything…  It’s close to the beach house compared to anywhere close to home, giving you a longer night with…”


“You’re being surprisingly ok with all this, Justin,” she sighed. “You’re so back and forth, I’m confused.  First you were for it, then you weren’t, then…” she lowered her voice to a whisper in the car, “then you bring JC in for a threesome and give us a night together that should be you and me at it all night long…”


Justin tried to ignore the twitch in his crotch at the mental picture her words made.  “I just want you to be happy.”


“I’ve been happy since the day you flew me to the Bahamas and all of this started.”


“Not the whole time, Kay. Not back then, not last year…”


She took his hand, looking into his eyes.  “We got through all of it together, Justin.  As painful as it was, I don’t regret any of it because I had you.”


Justin wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close. “Happy birthday, beautiful.  I love you.”


“I love you, too, Justin.”


They arrived at the restaurant, getting the same table and section of the restaurant closed off for their privacy.  He ordered the same food they’d had the year before, skipping the alcohol this time around.


“You could drink,” she said.


“Not if I’m driving home tonight to be with the kids.”


“You sure Jackie couldn’t just stay the night with them?” Mikayla tried to entice him. 


“You’re not getting a repeat of last night,” Justin chuckled. “We’ve had two already today and you still have tonight.”


She looked at him, a smile on her face.  “You’re incredible, you know that?”


Justin was admittedly a little flustered for a moment.  “Did you mean what you said though, about loving me more than JC?”


“I did. I know you’ve always had it in your head that we were never going to have what JC and I had, and you’re right. What we have is so much more than that. The things you risked and sacrificed to get where we are…”


“What did I sacrifice? My career is still going strong, I have lost nothing…”


“But you could have, Justin.  You sacrificed being single, partying it up and being with a string of famous, beautiful women.”


“That’s not what I want anymore.  I’m not 25 anymore, I’m 35 and wanted to settle down. I was 30 when all this happened, and I knew what I was getting into.”


“You traded sexy nights with women to being up all night changing diapers.”


“All worth it to be with you, Mikayla.”


She smiled wider at him. “I think so, too.”


And gave her a smirk. “And we’ve had lots of sexy nights over the years, especially once the twins started sleeping through the night or we had Jackie while on the road.”


“I still remember our wedding night. I can’t believe you wanted to wait until we were married…”


“Why do you think we were only engaged for 2 weeks?” Justin laughed. “It helped us give a timeline that for sure removed any doubt that the twins were mine to the public. I didn’t get to have any moment that night we got really drunk, that was all you…”


“And I couldn’t get him out of my head,” Mikayla sighed. 


“Still can’t, but at least you didn’t get us mixed up last night.”


She stuck out her tongue. “I’m confused though, why the sexy lingerie if you weren’t planning on benefiting from it before I mounted you earlier?”


“Make tonight memorable for you two.  I don’t wanna know what happens, but add to things for you.”


“I saw what else you put in there. Some of it we haven’t used in a while.”


“Just wanted you to be prepared for whatever you might need…”


“Left the swing at home, though,” she smiled. 


“Some things are sacred,” he laughed. “Just don’t tell me if you use it when he’s over and I’m on tour or filming a movie…”


Mikayla turned her head, watching the sun sink lower into the sky. Justin held her hand, enjoying a quiet moment with the woman he loved.


“You ready for your last present?” Justin asked a short time later.


“You didn’t need to get me more, you’ve done plenty today Justin…”


“One last gift.”  He handed her an envelope from inside his sport coat.  He handed it to her with a smile, eager for her to open it.


She opened the letter sized envelope, pulling out a folded piece of paper. Her eyes perused it before fully reading it. 


“Reservation for…” Her eyes widened, looking at the dates and the picture.  “Justin, we’re going again? To Yosemite, for Christmas?”


He smiled. “The same cabin as last time. Silas will be a couple months old by then so you can enjoy the hot tub this time.  There’s room for your family, my family, JC’s family if they want to come.”


“How do we explain this to his family?” Mikayla gasped. “I’m planning to call Karen this week, I was gonna tell her…”


“Explain the way you did to him. You wanted to tell him, but it was never a good time until now.”


“They’ll want to know what changed.  I can’t tell them their son fucked me in my office and suddenly we’re ok again…”


“Tell them the things leading up to that. The tour, having lunch, seeing each other again.  Then you got to talking and felt comfortable in telling him the truth sooner rather than later.”


“I like that plan. But you think they’ll want to spend Christmas with us?”


“They wouldn’t miss a chance to meet their grandkids.  You know they’ll be spoiled even more now…”


“Hey, we’ve kept them with fairly level heads. Yeah they have name brand stuff I’d never dreamed of as a kid, but they are kind, caring, compassionate kids.  They don’t have a ton of stuff; we spend money on experiences together, making memories with them.”


“Silas will be no different,” Justin smiled.  “I have no doubts, with you for his mom…”


“With you for his dad.  God help us if he looks like you when he’s a teen. We’re gonna be beating back half the school between the three of them…”


“I wasn’t all that popular in high school, when I went…”


“You turned out to be freaking hot, you’d have become popular based on your looks, basketball skills… Maybe it’s because I’m from around here, but being a hot guy that can play sports and star in the school musicals meant you were the king of the popular crowd. You’d have been out of my league, that’s for sure.  Still are.”


“No way.  I fell for you having no clue who you were. I think that would have tracked regardless…”


“I’m glad you did.  I can’t imagine my life without you Justin, I don’t want to.”


“If I plan it right, you’ll never have to.”


They enjoyed dinner, taking their time but also not wasting time for the staff at the restaurant. The driver picked them up when they were finished, bringing her back to the beach house.


The twins had left, Justin walking Mikayla into the house. JC was still downstairs, watching TV as he waited.  He stood up, looking at Mikayla and noticing Justin behind her. 


“I’m not leaving without a hug and a kiss, though not necessarily from the same person,” Justin laughed. 


Mikayla looked at Justin, pulling his arms around her. “Thank you for everything today.  Especially dinner.”  She kissed his lips gently, giving him a squeeze.


Justin looked at JC.  “Got my kiss, now where’s my hug?”


JC smirked at his brother.  “Get outta here, man,” he said with a chuckle. He gave Justin a tight hug.


“Don’t fuck this up, C.  I’m giving you tonight and most of tomorrow. If she’s not walking with a limp tomorrow, we’re gonna have words…”


“Not sure it’ll be exactly like that.”


“You have 5 years to make up for. I don’t need details, but do your best to make it worth it.”


“You’re so weird, T.  I’ll do my best, don’t you worry.”


They clapped each other on the back before letting go of each other.


“Oh good, I was starting to wonder if I was the one going home and you two were spending the night together…” Mikayla teased. 


“Not without you between us,” Justin assured her.  “I’ll see you tomorrow, Kay.”  He pulled her into a gentle embrace.  “I love you,” he whispered. 


“Love you too.”


Justin walked to the front door, turning to get one last look at her. He didn’t want to leave, but he had thought up this idea, he had to let things play out.  His eyes said everything, Mikayla wanting to cry.  He opened the door, walking out without another word.  


“So…” JC sighed awkwardly.


“So…” Mikayla replied. 


“Bedroom?”

 

“Yeah,” she sighed with a smile.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story