Author's Chapter Notes:

6/5/23- I meant to post this yesterday but life got in the way.  The final chapter of the Mikayla saga.

It had been a whirlwind of a week.  Justin had been back in California on his tour, having a few days off before performing in LA ahead of the Walk of Fame Ceremony.  Mikayla and the twins had been living at JC’s, going back to their home with Justin when he would be in for short breaks.  They would take advantage of his month off in June into July to spend time together before going on the European leg of his tour.  The twins would even miss the first week or so of school.


It was the night before the star ceremony, everyone in town for the event.  They were seated in a private section of the arena that was saved for family and friends.  Surrounded by the rest of *NSYNC and their significant others, Mikayla felt free to hold hands with JC and be herself, while also watching adoringly as Justin performed onstage.  


After the show, they all headed backstage to celebrate everything.  The next day would be crazy, the whole week had been leading up to this moment for them.  It was the calm before the storm.


Champagne was popped, glasses were poured and passed around.  “To friendship and brotherhood,” they cheered, raising their glasses together.  Mikayla sipped hers gingerly, taking everything in.  It had been a while since they’d all been together, the wedding having been over a year ago at that point.  Chris and Karly were now parents, Silas was 18 months and walking or running everywhere with his toothy grin.  Jackie had gotten married at the beginning of January, ahead of Justin’s album coming out.  They all hung out backstage for a while before deciding to call it a night, needing to get some sleep before the big day ahead.


The trio rode to Justin’s house, the twins asleep for hours by the time they got home.  “I know you guys could probably crash right now, but I just can’t,” Justin admitted. “I’m still on that rush from performing, combined with what’ll happen tomorrow.  I’m sure it won’t be anything big, but to be back together, around fans…”


“There’s a lot of buzz on social media.  The lines for the pop up have been crazy,” Mikayla said.  “I’m glad you guys agreed to this, and doing the pop up and new merch to go along with it.  Please don’t let this be the reunion they’ve all been waiting for, though.  At some point, this whole thing needs real closure, a performance somewhere.”


“We’ve gotten offers, you know that,” JC replied.  “But with Justin’s schedule…”


“Hey, don’t blame me.  I know my schedule sucks right now for this, but I am down when the right opportunity comes along.  I’ll keep myself busy with stuff until we think it’s the right time to do something, so don’t blame me if I take a project cuz nothing else has been decided.”


Mikayla looked at Justin.  “Are you wanting a little something, since you’re wide awake?”


“I mean, I won’t say no,” he smirked.


“I’ll take the guest room, you two have some time to make up for,” JC sighed, kissing Mikayla on the cheek.


They got back to the house, JC kissing Mikayla goodnight before going off to the guest room. Mikayla looked at Justin as they closed the door to their bedroom, Justin turning the lock.


“One of THOSE nights, huh?” Mikayla giggled.


“Maybe.  Not sure yet.  Figured it wouldn’t hurt to have it locked, just in case the kids wake up for some reason.  You had to wear that tonight, looking fine as hell where I couldn’t see you?  Couldn’t have just worn a tour tee or something…”


“What, this old thing?” she laughed.  She’d worn a black asymmetrical dress, thin straps and the skirt starting at her right hip and cutting down to her left knee.  Something she’d worn several times over the years on nights out at clubs or things where they’d be seen out and about.


“I’ve only been on tour for a short time, but fuck I’ve missed you.  I can’t wait for that big chunk of time off between legs of the tour, then taking you to Europe again.  Lots of memories I want to relive with you,” he said, kissing her neck, his hands wandering over the fabric of her dress.  “Kay, really?  Going fucking commando under this when I’m not able to enjoy it?”


“You’re enjoying it NOW, aren’t you?” she giggled, pressing her ass against his hard length.  “Speaking of which, and I’ve said it before, but thank you for the wedding gift.  I know it took some time, and was a big step for you, but thank you.  You can change your mind on it at any point.”


“No, I thought about it for a long time before I gave you that card, explained my offer.  It was the right thing to do, everything considered.  I take it JC doesn’t know yet, though.”


“No.  I’m telling him tomorrow, after everything and we’re back here.”


“Well, I hope he takes it well.  Can’t imagine why he wouldn’t, but ya never know…”


“I’m not sure how I’m gonna tell him.  It’s pretty big news, Justin.  Life changing.”


“More life changing than we’ve already dealt with between the three of us?  He’s a grown man, I doubt it will be a problem.  We’ve discussed it enough over the last year or two, I doubt it’ll come as a surprise to him when you tell him.”


“We’ll see.  I want you there when I tell him, since you’re part of this, kinda.  It was your choice that led to this.”


“If that’s what you want, then fine.  Not sure why you haven’t told him already though.”


“I didn't want to get his hopes up. I wanted to wait until things were official, which they are now.  I know, it’s been about 3 months since it became official, but I didn't want to rush right into things.  Though it probably will feel like it anyway.  Now I’m rambling…”


“You’re sexy when you ramble,” he purred in her ear.  “Shall we get more comfortable?”


“You mean naked? Yes…”



The next morning they woke up, having breakfast as a family before going to the ceremony.  Their parents had flown in, of course, so they wanted to celebrate a bit.  They went to a favorite breakfast spot, getting a private room in the back.  The twins loved the food, and they were almost like family with the owners and staff.


“Big day today,” their server smiled.  “Congratulations.”


“Thanks,” Justin and JC said, trying not to get too nervous.


It was soon time to head over, going to the staging area for them. They’d taken a back way in, so they had no idea how many people were there. 


Mikayla, along with the rest of the family and friends, were seated first. Mikayla was both amazed and not surprised at how many people were there. If she hadn’t been married to them, she’d still be there, in the sea of people behind them. The twins sat with her and Jackie, next to Lynn and Paul. 


“Mommy, are all these people here for Daddy and Uncles?” Barb asked.


“Yeah, baby, they are,” Mikayla smiled. “It feels like back in the day, lots of people would show up to where they’d be for things.  There are people here from around the world to see your Daddies and Uncles.  A lot of people love them, and wish they were still making music together.”


“Do you wish they’d make music together, Mommy?” Joshy asked.


“Yeah, buddy, I do. For now, Daddy Justin still makes music.  So does Daddy JC, but for other people, not for himself.  He stopped doing that right before I met him.”


The cheers of the fans became a roar as the guys walked into view, Mikayla knowing they were trying to hide their surprise at how many people had come.  


She watched them sit through speeches, waiting anxiously like the rest of the crowd for the guys themselves to step up and talk. 


JC got up to speak, Mikayla’s stomach beginning to knot. He thanked people that were expected, before making Mikayla’s jaw drop and her heart melt. 


“Thank you to Mikayla for our twins, giving me more than I dreamed was possible. I’m glad I get to be part of their lives as we figure this out together. Justin, thank you for helping raise them, you make my job easy. This is all incredible and humbling, but the last two years have been a dream come true that I never thought I’d get. Barb, Joshy, I love you so much and am glad you’ve known these guys up here beside me.”


Justin was last to go up. “Mikayla, you are my light.  I’m humbled that you let me be on this journey with you. It wasn’t an easy start, but it’s been well worth it. You raised the twins on videos of performances, helping them better understand what this was like for us, the bond we share because of it. When we finally get our heads out of our butts, it’ll be at least in part because of your support. I’m glad the first leg of the tour is almost over so I can spend time with you and Silas, along with JC and the twins. We’ve become one big family, and we have you to thank for it. I can’t say I wouldn’t be here without you, but I would be a very different man without your love and support in my life.”


They took pictures at the end, the day moving on with the day’s events. They were having dinner together, Mikayla’s stomach one giant knot as it got closer to them heading home. She still had no idea how she was going to give JC the news she had. She hoped he’d be excited, based on discussions they’d had over the last year, but also wondering if it was too soon. She couldn’t undo it at this point, so she hoped he wouldn’t freak out too much. 


She sipped her glass of champagne, barely finishing it before they all got up to leave. They walked to their cars, hugging each other goodbye, at least for the night. 


She wanted to fall asleep on the drive home, her nerves keeping her from the same date as the twins.  She looked to see them both passed out in their booster seats. Justin and JC carried the twins inside once they parked in the garage, Mikayla sitting in the living room on the couch. 


“You ok, Kay?” JC asked as he saw her. She sat with a blank expression. He sat down next to her, Justin following shortly thereafter in the other side of her. 


Mikayla swallowed hard. It was now our never. “I have some news. I hope you’ll be excited, but I’m also not sure…”


“What’s going on, Kay?  Is everything alright?”  Justin looked at her, just as curious as JC.  He had some idea, but not the full picture that she did. 


“I’m pregnant,” she said. 


“How far along?” JC wondered. “Do you know whose it is?”


“I do,” she sighed. JC’s face fell. “Why do you look sad?”


“Because the way you just said it, it’s Justin’s…”


“No, JC,” Justin interrupted. 


“No?” JC wondered. 


“The day of the wedding, Justin gave me a card. It was an appointment with a urologist. Justin got a vasectomy, so that any children I have are with you. We got the all clear that there is no chance he can get me pregnant.”


“So that means..”


“This baby is yours, Josh, ours. You’ll get to be here beside me for all of it.”


“But when-? Oh god…”


“Yeah, Justin made sure this was finished before he went on tour. Sometime in the last 4-6 weeks. I have an appointment with my doctor next week to see how far along I am, but 3 pregnancy tests can’t be wrong…”


“I’m gonna be a dad, again? Wait, it’s mine, but you’re married to Justin. People are gonna know something happened when it says Chasez on the birth certificate.”


“We’ll figure that all out together,” Justin smiled. “How do you feel, C?  This is the moment you missed out on 6 years ago…”


“I’m… ecstatic.  I know we’d talked about Mikayla maybe having more kids, but to know it’s mine… How are you feeling, T?”


“I’m happy for you. You get to have this, beginning to end. I’m happy with having Silas, and carrying our angel baby in my heart. You wanted a chance to have what you would have had. Now you do. I didn’t know before you did that she was pregnant, so it’s all hitting me now. I’m happy, C.  I’m so happy for you two and we’ll figure all this out somehow. This little one will be so loved.”


“I just hope, for Barb’s sake, that it’s a girl,” Mikayla sighed. 


“As long as it isn’t twins again, we’ll be fine,” JC chuckled. “I can’t imagine two sets of twins.”


“But you’re happy, Josh?  We hadn’t talked about trying to get pregnant, I had wanted to see how things went the first few months. Once Justin was cleared, I went off my birth control. It didn’t take long for this to happen, but I didn’t want to get your hopes up if it took a while…”


“These things happened when they were meant to. The twins were a light in the dark for you after your grandma died. Now this one comes to surprise us that it won’t take us another year or more of trying.  I’m so happy, Kay.  I’ve gotten a second chance at us, a second chance at being the dad I want to be, a second chance at love in every way.”

 


Completed
nsyncsfan2001 is the author of 23 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Second Chance at Love also liked 46 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story