Author's Chapter Notes:

So close to being finished- this might actually be the first story I actually do finish :) 

Chapter 12: December 25, 2008 | Christmas Night | Part 1

‘What time do we have to be at the venue again?” Andrea asked, as they were getting settled in their suite.

"Well he said for the crew to get there at 5, so I’m going to say 5/5:15?” Josh replied from the bathroom, where he was getting ready with Timmy.

“So that what gives us 30-45 minutes to get ready?” Andrea said, leaning up against the bathroom door jam, giggling at the sight before her.

Finding her husband and her son standing in front of the mirror with shaving cream on their faces, as Josh was teaching Timmy how to shave.

"And what do we have here?"

"Well since Tim is now the big 5, figured he should learn," Josh smiled looking at Andrea in the mirror.

"I don't know...."

"Yeah, Daddy said that now that I'm 5, I'm turning into a man..." Timmy smiled through the shaving cream.

Andrea had to place a hand over her mouth to cover her laugh, "Oh he did now did he?"

"Don't worry Andy, there's no blade in the razor, so he won't cut himself..."

"Okay... if you say so...."

"Momma, you worry too much," Timmy said.

Josh stifled a laugh, while Andrea handed him her curling iron.

"Will you just plug this in for me? I'm going to go change," Andrea laughed.

~*Meanwhile*~  

Kristen was just finishing putting on her shoes, when there was a knock on the suite door.

"Hold on, I'm coming," she said, jumping to the door trying to put on her shoe. Pulling the door opened, "Hello?"

"Your ride awaits," Justin smiled, holding out his hand.

Kirsten just eyed him, "Well you see I was hoping my fiance would be picking me up tonight, since I hadn't seen him in months and he's been acting like a major jackass lately."

"I think he knows what an asshole he's been and is truly sorry for the way he's been acting. He also knows that he'll be making up for it for the rest of his life," Justin said, as he kept smiling. "And after tonight, he'll be all yours."

Kirsten smiled back, "Well that's good to hear, but still doesn't excuse him from the way he was acting...."

"You're going to hold this over my head for a long time huh?"

"Oh yeah," Kirsten said closing the hotel door behind her, as the two headed towards the elevators. 

~*30 minutes later*~

"Come on Andrea, we're going to be late..." Josh yelled, as him and Timmy waited by the door.

"I'm coming...will you zip me up?" Andrea asked, moving her hair out of the way, while Josh zipped up the back of her dress.

"Wow, momma, you look pretty," Timmy smiled.  

"Aw, thanks honey, and look how handsome you look," Andrea gushed, kissing the top of Timmy's head.

"And what about me?" Josh smiled.

"Eh, you look okay," Andrea smiled, grabbing her jacket and headed out the door.

"Stinker," Josh laughed slightly smacking her on the butt, before grabbing Timmy, and carrying him under his arm, heading out the door themselves.

Andrea turned around to see Timmy being carried under Josh's arm.

"You know- he's not going to let you put him down. You're going to have to carry him that way ALL night," she laughed, before turning back around.

That's when she felt someone clamp on to her leg. She looked down and saw Timmy.

"Hi momma," he smiled, with a slight cough.

"Hi honey," she said, picking him up. "You're going to be doing this all night huh?"

Timmy just nodded his head, as he was now trying to reach out to his dad to hold him, while the three of them got on the elevator.

*~*~*

When Josh, Andrew, and Timmy arrived at the venue they ran into Trey, Justin's security guard.

"Hey Trey, have you seen Justin?"

"Yeah, him and Kirsten are at catering?"

"Catering? Are you sure we're talking about the same guy? Since he refused to have catering on his leg of the tour because it was too expensive?"

Trey just shrugged and walked away.

"Well thanks," Josh said as the three of them headed towards catering, and when they arrived the only thing out of Josh's mouth was, "Holy Shit."

The whole room was decked out in holiday decorations, catered buffet line with a carving station.

Andrea patted Josh's back, "We're going to go find Kirsten."

"Okay."

That's when Kurt came up to Josh. "You did a good job on this spread Josh."

"It wasn't me, it's all Justin."

Kurt almost spit out his water in shock. "Really? Is that why he's giddy all of a sudden, and full of holiday cheer?"

"Yeah, I don't know what happened last night to him- but trust me, I've been trying to figure out what's been going on with him all day."

Kurt laughed, "Well stop trying to figure it out and just enjoy it. I just saw Andy and Timmy grabbing some food with Kirsten. So go find them and just enjoy this while it lasts because Justin might change his mood at any moment."

"Thanks dude," Josh smiled as he went to go find Andrea and Timmy.

He soon found them and took a seat next to Andrew, who was talking to Kirsten.

"I'm not hungry anymore momma," Timmy said.

"Just a few more bites. You haven't eaten anything since this morning..."

'Daddy, I'm not hungry anymore," Timmy whined.

"You need to eat something buddy. Just have a bite of chicken, carrots, and stuffing..." Josh said as Timmy sighed in defeat. "Have you seen J, Kirsten?"

"Yeah, he's around here somewhere pouring champagne and holiday cheer," Kirsten laughed.

Josh stood backup and was able to find Justin near some of the backup singers and some of the band.

"Anyone want more champagne, seconds of food? Isn't Christmas great?" Justin asked around.

'No, I'm good. I still have to go get ready," one of the backup singers said.

"Okay, if you say so," Justin laughed, turning around and bumping right into Josh.

"Josh! You're here! Good! Follow me, I have something for you?"

"Okay," Josh said as Justin was walking away.

"Josh! Wait- who was that man? Because that definitely wasn't the Justin we know," Kit asked.

Josh just shrugged, "Oh, don't worry I'm probably more confused than you are."

Josh then caught up with Justin, who was waiting for him, along side Kirsten, Andrea and Timmy.

"Okay, now for another surprise for you Josh, well really for everyone, but I think Josh is going to be the most shocked," Justin said, grabbing Kirsten's hand as he walked away.

"Should I get the medics on standby for you?" Andrea asked Josh, as he grabbed Timmy from her.

"Maybe- I don't know how many surprises he has in store, so it depends what this one is about. If he says this is coming out of my pay, then yeah because I just might have to punch him?"

"And if it's not?"

"Then just get the nearest AED kit to shock me back to life?"

Andrea laughed as they approached a waiting Justin and Kirsten.

"You ready?" Justin smiled.

"Sure."

"SURPRISE!" Justin said, opening the dressing room door.

All Josh, Andrea, and Kirsten could do was smile at what or who was behind the door.

Timmy looked at his dad very confused and started tapping the side of Josh's head, "You okay daddy?"

 

"Yeah, I'm okay," was all Josh could get out at that moment. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story