Author's Chapter Notes:

*The Christmas Toast was written with the help of many visits to ChatGPT 

Chapter 14: December 25, 2009 | One Year Later

Jackson, Wyoming

A year later, Kirsten was in the kitchen at Andrea and Josh’s house as Andrea was putting the finishing touches on the holiday dinner. 

"Andy, how are you feeling? You have what 2 months left until your due date" 

 

"Well 3 1/2 weeks," Andrea said leaning up against the counter. 

 

"Home stretch," Kirsten laughed.

 

"Right, can he just come already?" Andrea laughed, rubbing her very pregnant stomach. "So do we keep the found on the counter like buffet style or put it on the table?" 

 

"Andy- I think if you put it on the table, there isn't going to be any room left. Just keep it easy, and leave it on the counter. That way we have room to enjoy each other and not be cramped" 

 

"You're right," Andrea said as one of the kitchen timers went off. She pulled the Crasin Stove Top Stuffing out of the oven and put it on the counter. 

 

"Hey Andy, have you seen a certain birthday boy?" Josh asked, entering the kitchen. 

Andrea looked up to see Timmy hanging onto Josh's back, piggy back style, 'Uh nooo," she laughed. 

 

"Then I guess I'll sit here at the table until he shows up," Josh said, sitting in one of the chairs at the dining room table, which meant sitting on Timmy. 

 

"Daddy! I'm right here!" he squealed. 

 

"Do you hear something Kirsten?"

 

Kirsten shook her head, "Nope." 

 

"Daddy, you’re squishing me!" Timmy laughed trying to push Josh out of the chair. 

 

Josh stood up and turned around, "Oh! There's the birthday boy!" then started tickling him. 

 

In the middle of the tickle fest, Andrea came over and placed some plates on the table. 

 

"Okay you two tickle monsters. Tim go wash up for dinner and Josh, help me set the table." 

 

"I'm so glad that Tim is doing better and feeling better," Kirsten smiled. 

 

"Us too- Doctor says he's about 30-50% better than he was last year, so we'll take it," Andrea smiled as she caught a glimpse of Josh. 

 

"Joshua Scott! Stop eating the potato casserole! And finish setting the table!" 

 

"But they're my favorite!" Josh smiled, grabbing some silverware from the drawer. 

 

"Exactly! So, wait your turn mister," Andrea laughed. "Hey Kirsten, you want a 33-year-old child?" she asked, with Josh glaring at her. 

 

"No, I'm good. I have my hands full with my 3-month-old and my own 28-year-old child. Speaking of who- have you seen them?" 

 

"Yeah, Justin was trying to teach Kaylee how to play the piano..." Josh piped up. 

 

"Oh lordy," Kirsten mumbled as she left the kitchen to find Justin and their 3-month-old, Kaylee Rae. 

 

Andrea followed Kirsten into the living room, and saw everyone hanging out. She missed times like this, when all the boys were together. "Okay, you guys, dinner is ready. So just grab your plate off the table and dish up in the kitchen." 

 

"Here, give me my little nugget," Kirsten said, taking Kaylee Rae from Justin, as he walked into the kitchen following everyone else. 

 

"Wow! Nice spread Andy," Joey said, grabbing himself a plate.

 

"Thanks, it wasn't really a big deal."

 

"Yeah, says the person who was up at 3 am," Josh laughed as Andrea shot him a look.

 

"I was up because one of Santa's helpers didn't finish his list. So, Santa had to finish it for him," Andrea smirked sticking her tongue out at him.  

 

"Well, it looks amazing," Lance said, dishing up his own place. 

 

"Thank you," Andrea smiled. 

 

"So, what is Emily doing this year?" Kirsten asked about Chris' widow. 

 

"I talked to her the other day, and she said that her and the kids are going over to Chris' family this year," Andrea replied, as she waited for everyone to dish up before she started dishing up herself, since Josh already got a plate for Timmy. 

 

"That'll be nice for them," Kirsten said heading towards the dining room. 

 

As soon as everyone made it to the table with their plates, and were seated, Justin spoke up. 

 

“I would like to make a toast to our fantastic hosts, Josh, Andy, and Tim, with a special nod to Andy for the delicious food for tonight. You sure you don’t want to cater the next tour?” Justin smiled at Andrea.

 

“Um that’s going to be hard nope on that one,” Andrea said. 

 

Justin then continued, "Yet, the real magic? It's in all of you, putting joy into this year's celebrations. Since this time last year, you've shown me the magic in life's small moments, making Christmas truly special, and made even the smallest moments sparkle. So, to that, thank you all, Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday Tim. I love you guys so much, so cheers to each of you, the true holiday champions!” 

 

As everyone clinked their glasses in cheers and digging into the food, Justin smiled grabbing Kirsten's hand, as she smiled back at him, knowing that Christmas is truly one of the most magical times of year. 

Chapter End Notes:

It's the final chapter, and the first story I've actually finished! So Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays Everyone! 


Completed
addy0316 is the author of 1 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story