Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the last part of December 23, 2008 - next Christmas Eve and the fun starts! 

Chapter 5: December 23, 2008 | Part 4

As they were walking to the bar Justin's sound engineer Kurt came up to Josh to make small talk because Josh looked like he needed someone to talk to.

"So what's up?" Kurt asked.

"This job," Josh said, rubbing his hands over his face.

Kurt shook his head in agreement with Josh, "So how's Andy and Timmy?"

"Timmy is worse then ever and he told me that Andy cries herself to sleep every night."

"Haven't you talked to Justin, told him what's up? Maybe he does have a heart and will let you go see them," Kurt said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah I don't think so, I've tried, he won't let me leave until after the 1st now," Josh sighed as they all were seated.

"Some one needs to put him in his place," Kurt said.

"Tried everything... Andrea even accidently called his cell phone and asked him about it and he still said no," Josh said taking his seat. "Kirsten even keeps calling and all he does is bitch her out. He even forgot her name.

"They're getting married, and he forgot her name. I swear someone needs to kick his ass," Kurt said making a fist.

"I'm on the verge of quitting."

"I don't blame you, thinking of doing the same thing."

"I want to quit, I know I need to, however, I can't. I can't quit, we need the money for Timmy." Josh said as a waiter came up to them.

"And Andrea is trying to get as many hours as she can at the resort, but it's not working because she needs to stay at home with Timmy," Josh continued, Andrea is a marketing director at one of the local ski resorts, "She's doing most of her work from home while on her family leave, which isn't good for the resort or her, especially when this is their peak season."

"I understand Josh... don't worry I'm here for you. Plus you're the one that hired me, not Justin."

"Being away from Mr. Timberlake for this dinner is the best thing you have done for us, Mr. Chasez," one of the backup singers smiled as they took a sip from their drink.

"Yeah, well I'm starting to feel extremely bad for getting any of us into this job," Josh smiled, taking a long hard drink of his beer.

"Here is to our peaceful dinner without Mr. Timberlake," one of the back up dancers smiled as they held up their glass.

"And let's all pray for the rest of our working days with him, that we never have to eat with him. Ever again," Todd added.

"So Josh who is paying for all of this? Jive?" Kit, Justin's stylist, asked.

"I was going to have it come out of Justin's pay. He won't miss it," Josh smiled.

Everyone laughed at the table as food arrived.

"So, Josh is it possible for any of us to go home for the holidays?," asked Kerri, Justin's hair and makeup person. "And if not, are we at least getting tickets for our family?"

"So far nope. Justin said none of us could go back home for the holidays. And no tickets have been allocated for family this time because...," Josh said.

"It's a benefit concert," everyone else groaned, finishing the sentence.

"I'm sure you'll be able to get home," Kurt leaned over and whispered to Josh.

Josh looked at him and showed a little smile on his face.

"What ever happen to him to make him such an ass? Every year during this time of year he made us do this and that." Kit asked as she dug into her salad.

"Yeah, jerk of them all, he used to be nice right?" Todd asked.

"Yeah, he used to be one of the nicest guy out of the group, you know and after he went solo he changed," Josh said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"I know what happen, the money happen. He gets 10x more money solo, then he did in the group." Kurt said as he started to eat some of his food.

"Enough talk about Justin, let's enjoy this meal." Josh said taking another drink of his beer.

~Back at the hotel~

Justin sat listening to music as he ate his warm dinner; they got it to him within 15 minutes just like he asked.

Sighing, no one has bugged him for the past hour, no phone calls no one knocking at the doors. That all came to a stop with his hotel phone ringing.

"What is it now Josh? I told you the 1st," Justin hissed about to hang up.

"Justin it's Kirsten." Kristen said, her voice horse, dry, lonely

"Kirsten?" Justin asked trying to remember if he knew anyone named Kirsten.

"Justin, who do you think it is? It's Kirsten..." Kirsten said sadly that he don't even know whom she was.

"Kirsten? Kirsten?" Justin thought out loud and Kirsten heard him.

"God Justin this is fucking pathetic! When you remember call me... oh yeah maybe you forgot your home phone number also!" Kirsten yelled in tears hanging up the phone.

"Well that was an interesting phone conversation. Dang I need a haircut! Where's Kerry?" Justin asked as he picked up the hotel phone and dialed Kerry only to have her phone ring straight to voicemail.

"Okay since Kerri isn't in her hotel room what about Kit?" Justin asked as he picked up the hotel phone once again and called Kit's room, and no answer.

Getting pissed off, Justin stormed out of his suit and down to the elevator, if they were going to ignore him, he was going to pounce.

Only waiting 10 minutes, the ding on the elevator was heard and the doors opened, out walked most of his crew, who became silent while getting off.

He grabbed a hold of Joshua's arm and pulled him a side.

"Where did you go?" Justin hissed in a low voice.

"You don't need to know where we are all the time," Josh said in a bitter tone.

"You work for me, so yeah I do, now tell me where the hell did you guys go?" Justin hissed in a more bitter tone.

"We went out to grab a bite to eat," Josh said pulling his arm away from Justin and walking away.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story