Story Notes:

Please note, that you'll need to read "With your hand in mine" and "Without your hand in mine" first, before reading that sequel. There will be many time jumps.

Hope you enjoy.

July, 2045


„Hey, my love. Sorry for showing up that late today. I was brutally busy preparing Lizzy’s party. Honestly I am freaking out a little, knowing she’ll get drunk tonight. Well, it’s not like she didn’t do it before but… now she’s officially allowed drinking…“ 

Eve’s eyes were suddenly filling with tears. Her little girl was turning 21. When did all of that happen? How could time pass by so fast? Still, this wasn’t the reason why she suddenly started crying. She cried because Josh couldn’t be with them tonight. 



„Where have you been, mom?“ Lisa asked, when Eve returned home half hour later. 


She looked into her daughter’s pretty face. Every little feature was a carbon copy of her father, as well as her dark curly hair. Sometimes she got lost in Lisa’s deep blue eyes, feeling like it were Josh’s. In those precious moments she allowed herself imagining he was still with them. 


„Mom?“


Eve returned back to reality and cracked a smile. 


„I went to the beach,“ she explained. 


Lisa smiled back and came few steps closer. She stopped standing in front of her mother and gave her a tight hug. Eve hugged her back. Even Lisa’s smell reminded her of Josh. It was unreal. 


„Are you okay?“ Lisa asked carefully, after releasing her. 


Eve nodded and kissed her forehead gently. 


„I just miss him.“


„We all do. I wished he was here tonight so bad…“ 


„He is here,“ Eve interrupted her daughter. 


Lisa smiled again. 


„I know.“ 


„So, were is Phin? He said he would help us with the last preparations,“ Eve said next to change the subject. 


Lisa rolled her eyes and made herself on her way into the kitchen. Eve followed her with little distance. 


„You know Phin. He was here for five minutes but then Eric called.“ 


„I see“, Eve replied. „And where’s your brother?“ 


„Still in the studio.“ 


„Really? Did he even show up in between for food?“ 


„Nope. But I brought him a sandwich.“ 


„He’s obsessed with the album. This must stop.“ 


Lisa chuckled. 


„Come on, mom. You know you can’t keep him up from writing when he’s in his tunnel. He’s like dad.“


„No, he’s worse than dad.“ 


Eve left the kitchen and went into the basement. She found her son being engrossed singing some lyrics at the guitar. She stopped standing next to him and crossed her arms. 


„Hi mom, what’s up?“ Jake asked surprised. 


„You need a break,“ Eve answered strictly. 


„I can’t. I need to finish that song first. There’s a deadline to keep.“ 


„I said, you need a break. Now put that damn guitar aside and have lunch with us.“ 


„Did you cook?“ 


„Not, yet.“ 


„Then why you ask me to do a break?“


„Do what I say,“ Eve ordered, giving him a serious look. 


„But Phin and Eric…“


„Last warning.“


Jake sighed and put his guitar aside. Eve calmed down and came a step closer. Then she stroke his wild blond hair and kissed the top of his head. 


„You look like me. But you’re 100% like your dad.“ 


„And Liz is the way around. That’s completely weird,“ Jake replied. 


„Ya, it’s really weird,“ Eve smirked. „Now move your butt. I want you to help me making lunch.“ 


„Why me?“ Jake complained. „You know I hate cooking.“ 


„I want you being able preparing a meal for your future wife.“


„That’s nonsense. Dad never cooked for you but still you married him.“


„Jake Chasez! Stop arguing with your mother!“ 


Again Jake sighed. Then he stood up and put his arm around his mother’s shoulder. 


„Fine. You win. As you always do.“ 



How did you manage that?“ Lisa asked cheeky, as she saw Eve entering the kitchen with Jake.


„I’m still the boss in that house,“ Eve replied and smacked Jake’s butt. 


„She wants me to cook,“ Jake complained. 


„Good lord mom. That’s cruel. For everyone,“ Lisa replied. 


„You better find your lazy boyfriend and make him help you with the decoration outside, as promised,“ Eve talked back.


„Leave Phin alone. He needs to clarify things concerning the album release,“ Jake said. 


Eve shook her head and deeply sight. 


„Don’t worry mom. I called V for help. She’ll be here any minute,“ Lisa explained and gave her brother a smugly grin. 


Jake immediately flushed. Eve and Lisa noticed and smiled all over their faces. 


„Don’t give me that look!“ Jake complained. 


„You really need to ask her out. It’s way overdue,“ Eve said next. 


„I know but… I don’t have time… I need to focus and that album…“ Jake stammered. 


Eve and Lisa exchanged glances. Then the doorbell rang. 


„Uh, your crush just arrived,“ Lisa teased, giving her brother a wink. 


Jake cleared his throat. 


„I need to finish that song,“ he said hectically and hurried back downstairs into the studio.


Lisa started laughing. 


„What a coward!“ Eve said outraged.


„I’m not sure if this is about V or about cooking lunch,“ Lisa joked. 


Then she went to the front door to let her best friend in. 



„So?“ Violet said, while helping Lisa hanging up a chain of lights at the patio. 


She was having dirty blond long hair and wearing nerdy glasses. Comparing to her best friend, Violet was not catching everybody’s attention when she entered a room. Still she was pretty, having an adorable bright smile and beautiful hazel eyes. 


„So what?“ Lisa asked. 


„Is your brother around, or…?“ 


Lisa rolled her eyes. 


„You two are ridiculous.“ 


„Why would you say that?“ Violet complained. 


„Because you friend-zoned each other unnecessarily years ago. It never made sense to me, as you’re very obviously insanely in love.“ 


Violet deeply sighed. 


„Not everybody is like you, Liz.“


„What that supposed to mean?“ 


„You’re completely fearless, always trusting your heart and not thinking about any consequences. I’m not even close being that confident about my feelings. And so is your brother.“ 


Lisa put the chain aside and gave Violet a deep look. 


„I’m not sure if this was a compliment but… you certainly remember that I needed to learn the hard way dealing with consequences, right?“ 


Violet smiled calmly. 


„Still, you got your happy end.“ 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story