Before Lisa’s family brunch started, Justin returned home to change his clothes. When he entered the house, he noticed Silas in the living room in front of the telly with a cup of coffee in his hand. Silas looked at his father coming closer. Justin sat down opposite of him at an armchair and just stared at him. He didn’t know what to say. But he knew, they needed to talk urgently. 


„Where have you been?“ Silas asked, sipping his coffee.


Justin scoffed. 


Lets start with the question, where the fuck you have been in the last five years.“ 


„Europe,“ Silas answered. 


„Can you be more specific?“ 


„I travelled. Never been at one place longer than few months.“ 


There was a short break. Both just looked at each other, before Justin finally continued talking. 


„Your mother and I almost died worrying about you. We’ve hired private detectives to find you. Are you aware of what a giant mess you left behind, when you just disappeared?“ 


Silas immediately turned upset. He bent his upper body towards the coffee table and put his mug on it. 


„I’m sorry for what I did to mom. But I’m not buying your shit, that you’ve been worried about me. I bet you couldn’t be more relieved not dealing with me anymore.“ 


Justin eyes filled with rage. 


„How you dare saying that?!“ 


„You treated me like a criminal!“ 


„Because what you did was criminal!“ 


Silas couldn’t believe that he found himself back in the same situation like five years ago. It felt like no time has passed. He tried very hard not losing his temper. He leaned back into the sofa, looking away. 


„You and Eve ruined everything.“


„You gave us no choice,“ Justin talked back. 


Silas cracked a cynical smile.


„You act like I raped her. But this is not how things happened and you know it.“ 


„She was 16, Si! She didn’t know what she was doing, for god’s sake!“ 


„She exactly knew what she was doing.“


Justin stood up, being brutally close losing control over the situation. 


„You pregnant her! You’ve been stupid enough to pregnant a minor! Instead of blaming me or Eve, you should be grateful, that we saved both of you from ruining your lives!“ 


Silas suddenly stood up. Then he left the room and went upstairs. 




August, 2030


Lisa was sitting at the sofa, being engrossed watching a movie. Jake sat next to her, being terribly annoyed. 


„I hate that movie,“ he complained. „It’s so boring.“


Lisa gave her brother a warning look. 


„Tinkerbell isn’t boring! She’s amazing!“ 


„No, she isn’t!“


„Yes, she is!“


„No, she isn’t!“


„Hey kids, stop arguing,“ Josh said, entering the living room. 


He was wearing a dark blue suit with a white button down shirt. Lisa glanced at him and smiled.


„You look pretty, daddy.“ 


He came closer and put her onto his arm. She was wearing fairy wings, like Tinkerbell in the movie. 


„Don’t argue with your brother, okay?“ He said playfully and kissed her forehead. 


„But he started!“ 


„I didn’t!“ Jake talked back. 


Josh sat Lisa back down at the sofa and bent towards Jake’s head.


„It makes no sense fighting with girls about who’s right or not. Trust me,“ he whispered in his ear. 


„But I hate the movie.“


„Stop being a baby. It was my turn to decide. Now deal with it,“ Lisa replied boldly. 


Josh chuckled. Then he kissed Jake’s forehead, as well. 


In the next moment Eve entered the room. She was wearing her favorite little black dress, which Josh loved so much. His eyes begun shining, as he saw her coming closer. 


„Uh… look at mommy… isn’t she looking adorable?“ he said to their kids. 


Both looked at their mom. 


„She’s the prettiest mommy in the world,“ Lisa said. 


„I totally agree,“ Josh replied. 


Jake was still upset. He jumped from the sofa and run into Eve’s arms. She lifted him up and kissed his cheek.


„What’s wrong, sweetheart?“ 


„I hate the movie,“ he complained again.


„But it was Lizzy’s turn to chose. You can chose a movie tomorrow,“ she explained. 


Then she brought him back to the sofa. In the next second they heard the front door opening up.


„Your babysitter just arrived,“ Josh said to the kids. 


Lisa’s eyes begun shining, as Silas entered the living room. She jumped from the sofa and rushed in his direction.


„SILAS!“ 


Silas lifted her up, as she reached him, smiling happily at her. 


„Hey pumpkin, since when you’re having wings, hm?“ he asked her. 


„I am a fairy. My name is Tinkerbell,“ she explained. 


„Uh, that’s a very pretty name for a fairy.“ 


„Yes it is.“


Silas gave his attention to Eve and Josh.


„Look at you. Mommy and daddy dressed up for date night, hm?“ he teased. 


„Stop that sassy tone, young man,“ Josh warned him half seriously. 


„You know the rules. No sweets. And bedtime is at 8 o’clock for both of them. Don’t let them negotiate,“ Eve said. 


„Yes, Ma’am,“ Silas replied. 


Jake gave Silas a grumpy look.


„I don’t need a babysitter! I’m not a baby anymore!“ 


„But we could play with some legos, while your sister is watching the movie, hm?“ Silas replied. 


Jake’s eyes immediately begun shining. 


„No! I want you to watch the movie with me!“ Lisa complained. 


„Okay, that’s the right moment to leave the situation,“ Josh said to Eve. 


„Yes, they’re your problem now,“ Eve said to Silas with a smugly grin in her face. 


„It’s not my first rodeo,“ Silas replied self assured. „Enjoy your date night.“ 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story