January, 2046


„She… she really did it…“ Jessica stammered in pure disbelief. 


Eve nodded, seeing her daughter coming closer. 


„It’s amazing. I was deeply concerned… but… it’s amazing…“ Violet replied. 


All three were staring at Lisa. She just entered the room, wearing her self designed wedding gown and smiling all over her face. No one else saw her dress before. A team of stylists just made her ready for her big day. 


„My son is marrying Cinderella,“ Jessica added.


Eve nodded again, still being speechless. All of them have been tensed about her idea wearing a dress like this, but she looked beautiful in it and took everybody’s breath away. 


Lisa’s graceful ball gown was inspired by Cinderella’s, but being ivory instead light blue and more contemporary. It was having a semi sweetheart corset, added by tulle thick straps. The bodice was tightly hugging her waist. Most impressive was the multilayered sparkling diamond tulle skirt with its breathtaking train. 


Her blond hair was put together into a high updo, with a delicate tiara on top. Her expressive make up with dark pink lips and smoky eyes made her look complete. 


Eve pulled herself together somehow, stood up from the sofa and embraced her daughter carefully. Their eyes were swimming.


„You truly look like a princess. You’re so beautiful.“ 


„Please stop, mom,“ Lisa replied. „No tears… I don’t wanna ruin my make up.“ 


Eve released her and nodded. Jessica and and Violet hugged her, as well, still processing her appearance. 


Although Lisa was marrying Silas at the same place and at the same date as her parent’s did, it wasn’t her intention doing everything the same way. Marrying all by themselves at midnight was not an option. But she also chose the beautiful garden of the Ritz Carlton for the ceremony, where Eve and Josh said yes to each other decades ago. 


Eve and Jessica left the honey moon suite and joined the other guests outside. Violet, being Lisa’s maid of honor, escorted Lisa short time later to the garden entrance. 


„I still can’t believe this is really happening, V. It feels like a dream. And I’m afraid waking up,“ Lisa said nervously. 


Violet turned in her best friend’s direction and grabbed her hands. 


„Your dream is coming true tonight. It is really happening. And I couldn’t be more happy for you. You deserve all of this, Lizzy. You deserve having the man of your dreams.“ 


Lisa was fighting her tears again. She just nodded and hugged Violet tightly. 



Silas was standing in front of the altar, surrounded by all guest. He was terribly tensed, impatiently waiting for his bride to appear. Luckily Lisa didn’t expect him wearing a uniform like Prince Charming. Instead, he was wearing a classic black tuxedo with a matching west, a white shirt and a white bow tie. His dark curled hair was shorter than usual and his face was completely shaved. He knew Lisa loved his usual undone look, but she would surely make a exception for this special occasion. 


The garden was decorated with impressive white and light pink flower arrangements. There was a small stage next to the altar. Justin was sitting at a grand piano. Two violin players were joining him. 


As the bride finally entered the scene, Justin begun playing the piano and singing a ballad, which he wrote exclusively for the groom and his bride. 


Silas’s got weak when he saw Lisa walking towards him from distance. He expected she would take his breath away, but nothing could prepare him for this once in a life time moment. He was touched into tears, hardly being able to believe this was truly happening right now. 


Lisa smiled adoringly at him, coming closer. All guests stood up, as she was walking down the aisle all by herself, being deeply delighted by her beauty. 


She stopped standing next to Silas, with unconditional love in her eyes.


„Wow…“ Silas whispered. „You…“


He was unable finding the right words to express his feelings. 


Lisa just smiled, giving him some time to process.


„I can’t believe how lucky I am… is this really happening…?“ he finally said. 


Lisa nodded. 


„My fairytale just becomes true.“ 


The registrar asked everybody taking their seats and begun with the ceremony. He prepared a wonderful speech about Lisa and Silas, telling what he’ve learned about their moving love story. All guests were fighting their tears, feeling incredibly happy for the couple, who’s journey was anything but easy. But all pain they went through and all sacrifices they needed to endure, just made their love stronger. 


„It’s time for your vows,“ the registrar finally announced. 


Lisa turned in Silas’s direction, looking deep into his beautiful eyes. 


„Silas, my one and only. I love you with a passion, that can’t be expressed in words, only in kisses, glances and years of adventure by our side. You are my every dream come true. Sharing my life with you makes me the happiest woman in this world. I can’t wait to be your wife for the rest of my days. You are my person, my love and my life, today and always.“


Both were touched into tears again. Silas wished he could pull her into his arms right now and kiss her dizzy. He wiped away his tears and looked deep in her eyes again. 


„Lisa. You are special in so many ways to me. When I am with you, everything else fades to the background. You flood my senses with endless joy. You are my greatest gift. My dreams are your dreams and I’ll build it all around you. I promise to love you for who you are and for who you are yet to become. I promise to share my whole heart with you and show you how deeply I care, no matter the challenges that may come in our way.“

 

Lisa continued crying, being unable to keep her happy tears under control. 


The registrar was holding their wedding rings.


„It’s time for the official part,“ he announced. 


Lisa and Silas repeated the promise of marriage one after another and finally exchanged their rings. 


„Now you may kiss the br…“ 


Before the registrar finished his sentence, Lisa impatiently fell around Silas’s neck and pressed her lips on his. He grabbed her waist and lifted her up a little, without breaking their kiss. 


All guests applauded and cheered happily, being touched and grateful sharing this unforgettable moment with the groom and the bride. 


Eve was crying badly. Justin pulled her into his arms and kissed her head. 


„I know we’ve been before, but they just made us family. Officially,“ he said calmly. 


She looked at him and smiled.


„They’ll make us grandparents soon, as well.“ 


Justin smiled back. 


„Talking about that, where’s Lizzy’s baby belly? She doesn’t look pregnant at all. 


„Oh, that’s just an optical illusion. The big skirt of her dress lets her waist looking slimmer than it truly is.“ 


„It isn’t that corny as you announced,“ Mateo said, disturbing their conversation. 


„You didn’t see the ballroom, yet,“ Justin joked. 


„It’s not that bad,“ Eve intervened. „Violet managed to bring Lizzy back to her senses.“


Justin gave her a cynical look.


„It’s still a lot,“ he replied. „There are swans in that pond over there for no reason. The ballroom is overfilled with pink flowers. And I’m sorry for spoiling, but their wedding cake looks like Cinderella’s castle.“


„Let Lizzy have some nostalgia, honey.“


„Well, at least she knows what she wants, comparing to her mother,“ Justin teased. 


Mateo rolled his eyes. 


„Let me guess. Lucy is planning your wedding?“


„No, she isn’t. I’m doing it on my own,“ Justin answered. 


„So… do you have a date?“ 


„Yes.“ 


„And why I don’t know about it, yet?“ Mateo complained. 


„You will know early enough. Now stop asking questions. Today is not about us.“ 


„Justin, look…“ Eve suddenly changed the subject. „There is Andrea with Tom. I didn’t have a chance saying hi, yet.“ 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story