January, 2046


Eve woke up by sunbeams glimmering through the panorama windows. She could hear the waves from outside breaking calmly. There was no better way waking up. With a satisfied smile in her face she turned around to sneak into Justin’s arm and enjoy the peaceful morning a little longer. But Justin wasn’t there. She raised her upper body a little, wondering where he was. Suddenly she noticed a piece of paper lying at his pillow:


Today


Eve was completely confused reading Justin’s note. What was this about? 


She stood up and went to the bathroom first. As she finished making herself ready for the day, she went downstairs. 


The house was completely quiet. Jake and Phin left few days ago to start promoting their album. Justin seemed not being around, either. 


Eve went into the kitchen and found a big white box at the dining table. There was another note on top of it:


Handmade by Lisa Timberlake 

 

Curiously Eve opened the box and found another note inside:


Put it on


„Oh my god…“ she talked to herself. „Is this really happening?“ 


Carefully she put an off white mermaid wedding dress out of the box. It was made of pure silk with a sweetheart neckline, an elegant side slit and a stunning cutout at its back. She also found heeled sandals in the box, matching the color of the dress.


Her hands begun shaking from excitement. Everything begun making sense. She stared at the beautiful dress, hardly believing she was getting married today. She absolutely didn’t see that coming. 


In the next moment the doorbell rang. Eve frightened. Carefully she put the dress aside and hurried to the front door.


„Good morning, Mrs. Chasez,“ a friendly woman in her age said, holding a metallic case in one hand. „I’m your stylist,“ she added. 


Eve needed a second to process. 


„My stylist… um… ya… sure… come in.“ 


„As we don’t have much time, I suggest to help you putting the dress on, before I do your hair.“


„Um, okay… but… I have no idea what to do with my hair,“ Eve panicked. 


The stylist smiled. 


„Don’t worry about that. I got strict instructions how to do your hair and make up.“ 


Eve frowned. 


„From who?“ 


„Someone you trust.“ 


Eve looked at the woman in deep confusion. She smiled again, without giving her any further explanation. 


„Let’s get started.“ 



One our later Eve was ready. Her hair was put together into an elegant low bun. Her delicate make up looked fresh and effortless, perfectly underlining her natural beauty. She stood in front the big mirror in the hallway, smiling happily. She was incredibly proud wearing a dress, that was crafted by her daughter for this very special day. 


The stylist checked her watch. 


„You need to hurry, dear. Your driver is waiting outside.“


„Where am I going?“ Eve asked curiously. 


„I have no idea.“ 



Eve’s excitement reached it’s peak, when she was sitting in the black limousine. There was another note at the seat lying next to her:


The door is always open.


„Which door?“ Eve was asking herself. 


Forty minutes later they reached their destination. Eve frowned, not understanding what this was about. 


„Excuse me, Sir,“ she asked the driver. „This is my house. I mean, my daughter’s house. Why you brought me here?“ 


„I can’t tell Ma’am,“ he answered politely. 


Then he exited the car and helped Eve doing the same. 


„Thank you,“ she said and went to the front door. 


The note finally made sense. When she lived here with Josh and the kids, they used to leave the door unlocked all the time.


Eve took a deep breath and entered the house slowly. The light was dimmed. She heard classic music quietly playing in the background. Opulent candles guided her way into the living area. 


„Justin… she gasped, seeing her groom with a registrar standing in the middle of the living room.


There was no furniture. Just one ladder was standing in one corner in front of the big window. Candle holders and beautiful flower arrangements made of light pink peonies created a romantic atmosphere. 


Justin smiled adoringly at her. He was wearing a navy suit, brown leather shoes matching the color of his belt and an off white button down shirt. His hair was little wavy on top and short at his sides. Although he knew Eve liked his usual three day beard, he decided shaving his face for the special occasion.


Justin was amazed by Eve’s beauty. Lisa’s dress fitted perfectly, underlining her delicate feminine body shape. He didn’t say a word. Instead he put another note out of his pocket and gave it to her, as she stopped standing next to him. 


Do you remember what you said to me when we first met?


Eve read the note and needed a moment to think. Then she looked at him and smiled. 


„Jesus! Are you alright?“ she said. 


„This will be a nasty bump,“ Justin replied. 


Eve’s eyes filled with tears. Repeating the first words they said to each other was overwhelming.


„Exactly 23 years ago you fell from that ladder into my arms. Right here, right now,“ he added, also being moved by the moment. 


„Is this the same ladder?“ Eve asked. 


„Yes. I found it in the basement.“ 


„I loves this idea so much,“ she said, wiping away her tears. 


Another loving smile appeared on his face. He was relieved, that she liked what he’ve planned for their big day. 


„I wanna marry you now,“ Justin said calmly. 


„All alone?“ Eve asked surprised, knowing this used to be a no go for him. 


„We are not alone, my love. Look in the corners above.“


„Are these cameras?“ 


„Yes. We are doing a life stream for our family and friends,“ he explained. 


Eve smiled all over her face.


„Thanks for the warning.“


„I suggest we’re getting started“, the registrar said politely. 


Both nodded, giving him their full attention. Eve took Justin’s hand and interlocked her fingers with his. Marrying him in her old house couldn’t be more simple. But it was extremely meaningful to both of them. She also appreciated his idea letting everybody witnessing their wedding, but still being on their own.


The registrar said few words about Eve and Justin’s love story, before he finally asked them for their vows. Both turned in each others direction. 


„Um… this is freestyle, as you didn’t give me a chance preparing myself,“ she said sheepishly. 


He gave her another adoring look, waiting for her to speak. 


„I remember something else saying 23 years ago, right here, right now. I said Justin is my hero. In that moment I had no clue how true this words would become. From the day we first met, you saved me over and over again. I wouldn’t be the person I am today, if I hadn’t you in my life. I am grateful for your infinite friendship, as much as I am grateful for your everlasting love. In your arms and by your side, I know I can do anything. I love you forever, Justin, for being my lover, my best friend and my hero.“ 


Justin stared at her with swimming eyes, being deeply touched. He needed a short moment to sort his mind. Then he begun to speak. 


„I want so badly to be able to explain all the love I have for you. Not the love of butterflies and stomach knots, but more the entanglement with another soul. Love is a word that is much too soft and used far too often to ever describe the fierce and blazing passion that I have in my heart for you. I wanna thank you for making me a better person every day. I promise to always pursue you, fight for you and love you unconditionally for the rest of my life. Today you make my biggest wish come true. I am the luckiest person on earth to call you mine.“

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story