July, 2045


„Oh wow, baby…“ Phin stammered, staring at his girlfriend.


„Don’t you like it?“ Lisa asked. 


„Ummm… I do… you look very pretty… but this was not what I expected, when you said you need to see the hairdresser before the family brunch.“ 


„I didn’t really plan that. It happened spontaneously,“ she explained. 


Phin was still giving her an irritated look.


„You’ll get used to it,“ she added and placed a quick peck on his cheek. 



„I can’t believe she changed her hair into blond again. I can’t believe it,“ Eve said, while getting dressed for the brunch. 


Justin arrived at her place half hour earlier and was unpacking his weekender. 


„You need to relax, love. I don’t want you working up into the whole situation,“ he replied. 


Eve deeply sighed. 


„I’m so sorry for Phin. It’s breaking my heart, Justin. She acts like nothing happened. How can she be so coldhearted? I’m brutally disappointed…“ 


Justin stopped standing in front of her and pulled her close to his body.


„We don’t know what exactly happened between her and Silas.“


„Come on, honey. You said there were lipstick marks all over his face.“


„Still, we don’t know.“ 



Lisa’s family brunch took place at their patio. Besides family and close friends, all former members from *NSYNC with their partners and kids joined the party. A caterer and and a service team provided all guests with food and drinks. Lisa’s new hair color was a surprise. But the latest news about Jake being together with Violet was making bigger waves. Less surprising was the fact to everyone, that Eve and Justin finally became a couple, as well. All of their guests were convinced it was just a matter of time.“ 


„I’m happy for you two. I really do,“ Chris said to Justin, sitting next to him. „Both of you deserve to be happy.“ 


Justin chuckled. 


„You became a real softy, old man,“ he teased his friend. 


„I know. I hardly recognize myself,“ Chris replied. 


Eve was busy talking to Lucy. Joey and her were still living in Orlando. She was incredibly happy seeing her best friend and catching up. Lisa was chatting to Violet, while Phin and Jake were talking about their album release. No one at the big table noticed, as an uninvited guest suddenly entered the scene. Silas stopped a waiter with a tray of Champagne. He grabbed a glass and took a big gulp. He watched the scene, wondering who would notice him first. But everybody was so engrossed in conversation, that they didn’t pay any attention. 


„Good afternoon, everyone,“ he finally said.


The table immediately turned quiet. Everybody stared at him in deep shock. All of them knew about the tragic story, why Silas disappeared five years ago. Lisa’s heart just stopped beating. She felt hot and cold at the same time, not being sure if she was just dreaming. 


„I hope you don’t mind me joining this little family reunion,“ Silas added. 


Eve and Justin were processing hard. The last thing they expected was Silas being that bold showing up without invitation. Silas came few steps closer. Nash suddenly jumped up from the table and hurried in his direction. Then he hugged him closely. 


„.Good lord, Si. You’re still alive. I’m so happy to see you,“ he said relieved. 


Silas hugged him back tightly. Nash and him became very close, when Nash moved to L.A. to work for Sony records after his studies. The rest of the group was still processing. Lisa turned very nervous, not knowing what to do next. When Nash released Silas, his eyes met hers. He saw the panic in her eyes, being sure this must be because of Eve and Justin. But this was not what Lisa was truly worrying about in that moment. 


„Hey birthday girl,“ Silas said, still focusing her. Of course he noticed her new hair color and smirked. „You look beautiful.“ 


Justin stood up from the table.


„What are you doing here, Si?“ he asked, trying very hard not losing his temper.


„I’m still a part of this family, if you like it or not,“ Silas talked back. 


Eve was afraid the situation might run out of control. She stood up and grabbed Justin’s hand.


„He’s right. Take a seat,“ she said to Silas, not letting him having power over her emotions once again. 


Lisa’s tension was reaching its peak. She still didn’t know how to behave. Suddenly Phin stood up and went into Silas’s direction. He stopped standing in front of his brother, still being in pure disbelief, that he was really here. 


„Hey,“ Silas said calmly. 


He missed his brother a lot. He knew that he disappointed him badly with his sudden disappearance.


„Fuck, Si. I missed you so much,“ Phin finally said and fell around Silas’s neck. Silas hugged him back tightly. 


„I missed you, too, bro. You have no idea how much.“


Finally the rest of the group processed the situation. One after another stood up to welcome Silas back. Lisa was watching the scene, feeling like passing out any moment. 


„Baby? Are you alright?“ Phin asked Lisa, as he returned to his seat. 


She was completely pale, not being able to reply. 


„I know this is a lot. Do you need a glass of water?“ Phin asked concerned. 


„So? What did I miss? Tell me everything,“ Silas said, sitting down at the table after greeting everybody.  


„Jake and Violet just became a couple,“ Nash informed his best friend. 


„Your dad and Eve did, as well,“ Joey added. 


„And Lisa is dating Phin since three years,“ Eve said next. 


Silas’s heart dropped to the floor. He looked at Lisa, being completely shocked. 

Chapter End Notes:

The webside is cutting my chapters, can't explain why. That's the reason they're so short. I need to seperate them into two parts. Sorry...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story