July, 2045


Eve left Nash’s apartment and jumped into her car. She had a very bad feeling about Lisa and speeded home, not caring about traffic rules. As she finally arrived, she rushed into the house, checking the kitchen first. Justin was sitting at the kitchen island, reading the current newspaper on his iPad. He was still wearing his PJ’s and gave Eve an irritated look.


„What is going, baby?“


„Where’s Lisa?“ she asked excited. 


Justin stood up from his stool and went towards her. 


„She just left.“ 


„Where did she go?“ 


He stopped standing in front of her, touching her upper arms carefully. 


„Honey, what happened to you?“ he asked concerned. 


„Phin… he… he just broke up with her,“ Eve explained. 


Justin needed a second to process. 


„Oh no…“


„Justin? Do you know where she went?“ 


„Yes. She said she’s going to Violet’s and stays the night.“


Eve deeply sighed. 


She felt relieved knowing, that her daughter went to her best friend to find some comfort. 


„This is a tragic situation, M. But as I said before, they’re grown ups. It’s not our business anymore,“ Justin continued talking. 


Eve just nodded. 


„Where have you been, honey?“ he wanted to know next. 


„I went to Nash’s place to talk to Silas about Lizzy, as I found her crying in her car this morning.  He explained to me, that he told her, that he can’t be with her, as he don’t wanna hurt his brother’s feelings. But in the meanwhile Lizzy confessed to Phin that she slept with Silas and he broke up with her.“


Justin raised his eyebrows. 


„Does it mean no one of them wants to be with her now?“ 


„Ya… she messed things up badly.“ 


Justin pulled Eve into his arms. She embraced him tightly and took a deep breath. His familiar scent calmed her down. 


„Moneypenny… I’m sorry to say that but… your girl is…“ 


„Like me…“ she finished his sentence. 


Justin chuckled. 


„I wanted to say, she’s a drama queen… but yes…“ 


Eve raised her head to see his face. 


„I slowly start regretting what we did to Silas five years ago… I mean, look at the mess… I feel like we’re responsible for all of that.“ 


Justin stroke some hair out of her face gently. 


„We did the right thing, M.“ 


She gave him a deep look.


„Did we?“ 




July, 2040


When everybody left the house and their boys disappeared in their rooms, Jessica and Justin begun cleaning up the front yard. 


„I enjoyed the spontaneous night with our friends,“ Jessica said to Justin, while collecting all empty glasses from the table.  


„Me, too. We should have barbecues more often,“ he replied. „I really missed this.“


Jessica put the dishes aside. Then she came closer and embraced his body from behind. 


„I miss something else,“ she almost whispered. 


She couldn’t remember when she had sex with Justin the last time. They’ve been back together for almost sixteen years. It was no surprise to her that having sexy times became less over the years. But at some point they completely stopped being intimate. The situation concerned her. She remembered the time when their marriage started falling apart, as their kids were still little. The last things she wanted was doing the same mistakes twice. 


Justin turned in her direction and caressed her cheek softly. Jessica was still a very attractive woman. He regretted, that he didn’t give her much attention lately. 


„You’re right. Let’s do the rest tomorrow,“ he suggested… 



At the same time Lisa had trouble to fall asleep. She was still processing the latest events. It felt completely surreal spending a whole week with Silas. At some point she switched on her MacBook and watched the final dance from Dirty Dancing over and over again. Just the imagination doing that dance with Silas was giving her a deep thrill. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story