It was the last training day before Silas’s casting. Lisa felt awful. The imagination that their time together was coming to an end was cruel to her. But she continued acting professional in his presence. 


„Today is just about the lift,“ she said to Silas, as they entered the studio. 


He smiled at her. 


„In the movie they practiced the lift in a lake,“ he remembered. 


„It made sense in the movie because Baby never did something like this before. In our case you’re the problem. Being in water won’t help at all,“ she said cheeky. 


Silas got used to her teasing in the meanwhile. 


„Fine, smartass. Let’s get started.“ 


After a little warm up, Lisa stood in front of him and gave him an eager look.


„What?“ he asked confused. 


„Lift me up,“ she said.


„Without a run-up?“ 


„Yes. You need to get used to my weight.“ 


„Tinky… your weight is not a problem,“ he said arrogantly. 


„Then show me.“


„Fine,“ Silas said and grabbed her under the arms.


„Not like this, silly. You have to grab my hips.“ 


Silas did what she said. He lifted her up a little bit and realized quickly, it wasn’t that easy to hold her like this. 


„Okay, I see your point. It’s tiring,“ he confessed. 


„I can hold my balance, but you need to make sure you can hold my weight above your head for few seconds. Otherwise you’ll break my neck,“ she explained. 


Silas gave her a concerned look. 


„My life is in your hands, Silas,“ she teased a little more. 


„Could you please stop saying that? It makes me nervous,“ he complained. 


„Nervous is good. It means you’ll focus not screwing things up.“ 



They practiced the lift over and over again, until Silas was finally able to hold her body above his head. She kept her balance perfectly and made it quite easy for him not losing control. Slowly he put her down, smiling happily all over his face. 


„We did it, Tinkerbell!“ 


She smiled back, being incredibly proud of him. 


„You did it. Great job, Silas,“ she complimented him. 


„Finally you said something nice. It really feels good,“ he admitted.


„I’m sorry for being harsh the whole week. But we’ve been really short of time and I needed you to give your best,“ she justified herself. 


He was still smiling at her.


„I know, Lizzy. Thank you. You’ve been an amazing teacher. I really mean it.“ 


She flushed a little, hearing him say that. He noticed and thought it was terribly cute. 


„Okay, lets do the whole dance,“ she said next. 


Silas nodded and went to his laptop to start the music. Lisa’s heart immediately dropped, as she heard „The time of my life“ playing. She didn’t expect him to chose the same song like in the movie. Goosebumps were running down her spine over and over again, when he slowly was coming closer. Her knees turned into jelly. She needed all her strength to focus. 


Silas chose that beautiful love song on purpose, being sure it would give her a thrill. He stopped standing behind of her and brought them into dancing position. Lisa was breathing heavily. He noticed her chest moving up and down quickly. 


„Don’t screw this up…“ Lisa was talking to herself in her mind, as the intro begun.


Now I’ve had the time of my life

No, In ever felt like this before

Yes I swear, it’s the truth

And I owe it all to you


Then Silas begun dancing with her. Somehow she managed to pull herself together. 


I’ve been waiting for so long

Now I’ve finally found someone to stand by me

We saw the writing on the wall

As we felt this magical fantasy

Now with passion in our eyes

There’s no way we could disguise it secretly

So we take each other’s hand

Cause we seem to understand the urgency


Just remember

You’re the one thing

I can’t get enough of

So I’ll tell you something

This could be love…


[…]


They danced perfectly together and also managed doing the lift. Lisa couldn’t be more relieved when the song finished. 


„This was it, Si. We are ready,“ she said, still being terribly excited. 


„You’re sure? Maybe we do it again, just to make sure…“


„No,“ she interrupted him. „It was perfect. Trust me, we are ready.“ 



On their way back home, Lisa’s tension didn’t ease down. She was deeply upset, that her time with Silas in the studio was over. Moreover she was still processing their final dry run. The very old song was stuck in her head. She would never forget what she experienced with him.


Finally they arrived at Lisa’s place. Silas parked his bike in front of the house and put off his helmet. She left his bike, doing the same. Both looked at each other sheepishly. 


„Again, thank you for everything, Lizzy. I would have never managed learning all of this without you,“ he said genuinely. 


She smiled at him.


„Now we’re even.“ 


Silas smiled back.


„I don’t think so,“ he replied. 


She raised her eyebrows.


„I owe you now,“ he added. 


„No, you don’t,“ she said calmly. „Good night, Silas.“ 


He watched her walking towards the front door. 


„Hey Lizzy,“ he said, before she disappeared inside. 


She turned back into his direction.


„May I ask you out?“ 


Lisa’s heart skipped the beat. Did he really just said that? She stared at him in disbelief, not knowing how to behave. 


„Asking me out?“ she stammered.


„I wanna return your favor. Are you free tomorrow after the casting?“ 


Lisa was completely overwhelmed. This just couldn’t be real. She stared at him and nodded, being sure this was just a dream. Silas gave her a charming smile, enjoying that he just made her speechless. 


„Good. See you tomorrow,“ he said. 


Then he put on his helmet and left the property. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story