July, 2045


„Dear god…“ Mateo said, processing what he just learned.


The waitress just brought their dishes, but he lost his appetite. 


Sarah was staring at Eve in disbelief. She didn’t know what to say. Eve was just sitting there, hardly keeping herself from crying. She felt awful, but also kind of relieved, that she finally shared her ugly secret with someone.


„Listen, Eve. I understand you felt the urge talking to us about this. But there is no way you can tell Lisa what you did back in those days. You just can’t,“ Mateo added. 


„But Silas knows. What if he talks to Lizzy…?“


„He promised not to,“ Eve interrupted Sarah. 


„Why should he keep quiet?“ Sarah asked. 


„He wants to protect Lizzy. He knows that she couldn’t handle the truth,“ Mateo replied. 


„Okay, that makes kind of sense. Lucky you,“ Sarah replied, looking at Eve.


„Do you still believe me and Justin did the right thing?“ Eve asked carefully. 


Sarah and Mateo exchanged glances. 


„It’s a lot, to be honest…“ Sarah answered. 


„I still understand,“ Mateo said.


„Did Josh know?“ Sarah wanted know.


Eve shook her head. 


„There was no time talking to him. And when it was over, we decided it was the best for him just not knowing.“ 




July, 2040


„Hey Johnny,“ Nash teased Silas, as he opened the front door to let him in.


Silas rolled his eyes, entering his apartment. He went into the living room and let himself fall at his best friend’s sofa.


„I need food. And a strong drink.“ 


„I understand the food. But not the strong drink,“ Nash replied, sitting down next to him. 


Silas gave Nash a suspicious look. Nash looked back at him for a moment. He knew his friend pretty well. Suddenly he was having an idea what was going on at his mind. 


„Si… I don’t like the way you stare at me…“ 


„Just do both of a favor and bring some Bourbon.“ 


Nash did what his friend was asking for. He filled two glasses, returned to the sofa and gave one to his friend. They clinked and took a sip. 


„So? Will you talk to me what this is about or should I guess…?“ Nash asked carefully. 


„Feel free to give it try…“ Silas said. 

 

Nash felt kind of uncomfortable speaking it out loud. He cleared his throat and put his glass at the coffee table. 


„If you came here to tell me, that you’re hot for Lizzy, I need to beat that crazy idea out of you.“


Silas didn’t reply. He just stared into space and took another sip. 


„SERIOUSLY?!“ Nash squeaked. „Dude… no… you… you can’t… you just can’t…“ 


„I know,“ Silas replied quietly. 


Nash was relieved hearing him say that. He took a deep breath, relaxing a little. 


„I’m not denying the fact, that Lizzy turned into a very attractive young woman. But what you want is wrong…“ 


Silas just nodded.


„You’re having yourself under control, right?“


„Yes.“ 


There was silence between them for a short moment. Then Nash continued talking. 


„If she was just two years older, believe me, I wouldn’t keep you up… but now…“


„It’s a crime…“ Silas finished his sentence.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story