July, 2040


After the casting Lisa and Silas went to the changing room to dress into casual clothes. She was wearing skinny jeans, a tight white shirt and nude ballet flats. He dressed into destroyed jeans, a simple black t-shirt and white sneakers. Both met in front of the dressing rooms when they were ready. 


„So? Are you hungry, Tinkerbell?“ he asked, with a charming smile in his face. 


Lisa smiled back and nodded. She was terribly nervous spending the rest of the evening with him. 


„Burgers and fries?“ 


„Yes, sounds good.“ 


They left the studio on his bike and arrived at a diner ten minutes later. The place was crowded, but luckily the waitress still found a free table in a quiet corner for them. Both sat down opposite of each other. Silas could tell that she was brutally tensed.


„Is everything good?“ he asked carefully.


She looked at him for a short moment, before she nodded. 


„Really?“


„Yes, Silas. Don’t worry. It’s just…“ 


She stopped talking, not being brave enough to finish the sentence. 


„Just what?“ he asked. 


„Ummm… I’ve never been on a date before…“ she said sheepishly.


Silas was kind of shocked to hear that. 


„No way… how on earth can it be? I expected boys standing in line to date you.“ 


„They don’t,“ Lisa replied quietly. 


„Then they must be scared to ask you out.“


She frowned. 


„Why would you say that?“ 


„Because you’re a ten, Lizzy.“


She couldn’t be more confused at this point.


„What are you trying to say?“ 


„I’m trying to say, you’re too pretty. Guys feel intimated by girls who are too pretty.“ 


Lisa looked at him for a moment. The fact that he believed she was too pretty was giving her goosebumps over and over again. 


„So… you’re saying I should put less effort in my look, if I want to go out with someone?“ 


Silas chuckled. 


„No, I’m afraid it’s hopeless.“


She raised her eyebrows. 


„Hopeless?“ 


„You could wear a bin bag and still be a ten, Lizzy.“ 


Lisa’s heart turned somersaults. If she didn’t know better, she would believe he was flirting with her. Silas knew he was crossing the line. But it felt too good to stop.


„Lucky you I can handle the situation,“ he teased. 


In the next second the waitress appeared to take their order. Lisa was relieved having a moment to sort her mind. 


„I have a question,“ Silas continued talking, as the waitress disappeared. 


„Okay. Spill.“ 


„If the producer didn’t see any issues with your age, would you have taken his job offer?“ 


„I’m not an actress, Silas. I don’t think it’s enough just being good in dancing to make that job.“ 


„But those things happen on a daily base. There a lot of people getting roles in films although they never did acting before. The producer has enough experience to recognize your potential. I really regret he decided not giving you the chance, just because you’re young.“


Lisa stared at him in disbelief.


„Really?“


„Yes, Lizzy. I believe it would have been awesome doing the series with you.“ 


Silas made her speechless. The imagination shooting romantic scenes with him gave her another deep shiver. At the same time she turned deeply frustrated about the fact, that the producer didn’t give her the job.



After eating their dishes, Silas asked for the check. 


„The night is still young, Tinkerbell,“ he said cheeky. 


Lisa checked her wristwatch. It was 8 PM. Eve and Josh didn’t make strict rules about when she had to be home, as long as she informed them what she was doing. 


„Okay. What are you having on your mind?“ She asked him, being deeply thrilled, that their date wasn’t over, yet. 


„The movies?“ 


Lisa smiled all over her face and agreed. 



„I don’t know, if the world needs another remake of Top Gun. Does it make any sense without Tom Cruise in it?“ Silas said, after buying the tickets. 


„Stop complaining, Si. This movie is the perfect compromise. It has a lot of action in it, but also romantic parts,“ Lisa replied. 


„How did you know, that I’m a sucker for the romantic parts?“ he joked. 


Lisa chuckled.


„You applied for the remake of Dirty Dancing. It says a lot about you,“ she teased. 


He smiled back at her.


„Well, it’s not like I have lot of choices at this point. I’m still a rookie.“ 


„You are a Timberlake,“ she replied. 


He frowned. 


„Are you saying, I should use my dad’s influence to get better jobs?“ 


„No, Silas. I’m saying, that you are born to shine.“ 


He gave her a calm smile. 


„Are you flirting with me, Tinkerbell?“ 


She scoffed. 


„I gave up flirting with you. It’s hopeless,“ she replied boldly. 


„There is a difference between flirting and hitting hard on someone,“ he teased. 


„Hm, whatever. I lost interest doing both,“ she lied. 


„What a shame,“ Silas replied, giving her a wink.


They reached the cinema hall in the same moment. He opened the door to let her in. Lisa’s heart skipped a beat. What the hell was going on with him?

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story