July, 2040


Jake parked his Range Rover in front of the Timberlake’s house to pick up Phin. Lisa sat at the passenger seat next to him. She was wearing hot pants, a pink sweatshirt and big designer sunglasses. Violet was sitting at the backseat next to AJ. Jake honked three times, being to lazy going inside the house for Phin. 


„What going on?“ Silas asked, crossing Phin’s way in the hall.


„Palm Springs,“ Phin answered, while putting his sneakers on. 


„Oh… didn’t know you’ve been still planning to go.“ 


„Me, neither. Lizzy made the suggestion this morning.“ 


„Ummm… okay… have fun…“ 


Phin smiled at Silas and grabbed his bag pack. 


„Thanks bro.“ 


When Phin left the house, Silas put his phone out of his pocket. Lisa didn’t reply to his text massage. He understood why she was ignoring him. Still he wished she would have told him that they’re good. But things obviously weren’t that easy. At the same time he wondered why she suggested going to Palm Springs with her friends on short term. He saw deep excitement about the trip in Phin’s eyes. Mostly because of spending few days with Lisa, Silas was sure.



„I believed we’re staying in a hotel?“ Violet said, as they reached their destination.


Jake just parked his car in the driveway of a midcentury modern design house.  


„I believed renting a house would be more fun,“ Phin replied, smiling happily. „It’s having a pool and a jacuzzi in the backyard.“ 


„It’s beautiful,“ Lisa said, being amazed by the architecture. 


Phin smiled even brighter. 


„I’m happy you like it.“ 


Jake watched the scene and rolled his eyes. He knew his best friend would take the opportunity to make some progress with Lisa during the next days. 


The house was even more impressive from inside. The group made a room tour together, praising Phin for his excellent choice. The girls decided sharing the biggest bedroom with an own bathroom. There were three further bedrooms for the boys, being a little smaller. 


After unpacking their bags and refreshing themselves, the friends decided going downtown to have lunch and do some shopping. 


Lisa tried hard not thinking about the latest events with Silas. Still Violet noticed, that her friend wasn’t in a good mood. As they were undisturbed for a moment during shopping, she decided talking to her.


„Are you still mad at me, Lizzy?“


„Why should I be mad at you?“ Lisa replied.


„Because I said you should get Silas out of your head on the phone.“


„I’m not mad at you for trying to bring me back to my senses, V.“


Violet was truly surprised hearing her say that.


„What does that mean?“ 


„It means, you’ve been right. As you always are,“ Lisa admitted. 


Violet couldn’t believe what she was listening to. 


„Are you saying… you’re… you’re giving up on him…?“ 


Lisa nodded. 


„Did something happen I should know about during last week?“ Violet continued asking. 


Lisa forced a smile. She was sure she would start to cry, if she told her best friend about Silas’s kiss and what happened afterwards. 


„Absolutely nothing happened you should know about, V.“ 



The group decided spending the evening at the house, having a barbecue and some drinks. They went to Walmart to buy everything they needed. The boys filled the caddy with beer, Champagne, Tequila and Bourbon.


„May I see an ID, please?“ The cashier asked at the checkout. 


„Of course,“ Phin answered, handing over a 100 dollar bill. 


„Looks good,“ the cashier replied and continued scanning their shopping. 



While the girls relaxed in the jacuzzi, Jake and Alexander took care for the barbecue. Phin was busy preparing drinks. 


„Here you are, ladies,“ he said, entering the hot tube with three glasses of Champagne. 


The girls took their glasses, while Phin made himself comfortable next to Lisa. All of them clinked and took a sip. 


„Are you serious? I thought we’re having some Bourbon,“ Alexander complained, looking at Phin. 


„Leave the girls alone, AJ,“ Jake teased. 


Phin took another sip, showing his best friend the finger. 



After having dinner together and further drinks, everybody was little tipsy. Alexander turned the music on and suggested all of them going into the jacuzzi. Phin made sure everybody was having drinks, before he joined his friends. 


„Let’s play truth or dare,“ Alexander said. 


„You can’t be serious,“ Jake replied. 


Everybody else was also not in the mood, but Alexander insisted.


„Jakey, come on… truth or dare?“ 


„Really?“ 


„Yes, really, come on.“


„Fine. Truth.“ 


„Okay, ummm… what’s your biggest turn off?“ 


„Uhhhh, that’s a good one,“ Phin said, smiling dirty. 


Violet was deeply excited about his answer. Jake was glad, that he was already little drunk. 


„Ummm… big… boobs.“ 


„No fucking way, bro! What’s your problem with big boobs?“ Alexander asked in disbelief.


„Excuse me?! You are gay! Don’t you dare blaming me!“ Jake talked back.


„But you’re straight! Or maybe you aren’t and just don’t know, yet?“


Phin started laughing, listening to their silly argument. Lisa moved her head closer to Violet’s.


„I told you,“ she whispered in her ear. 


Violet was still surprised about Jake’s answer, trying hard not to show it. 


„Okay, my turn,“ Jake said next, looking at Violet. 


Her heart skipped ab beat. She didn’t expect him choosing her next. 


„Truth or dare?“ 


„Truth,“ Violet said shyly. 


Jake smiled at her. 


„What’s your biggest turn on?“


Violet flushed, while the rest of the group started chuckling. 


„Blue eyes,“ she finally answered. 


Jake flushed as well, still smiling at her. 


„You can’t be serious, sis… blue eyes?“ Alexander teased. 


Violet ignored her brother. 


„Phin, truth or dare?“ she asked next. 


„Truth,“ Phin replied, being curious about her question. 


Violet smiled naughty. 


„Who’s the hottest in that hot tube?“ 


„Uhhhhh…“ Jake and Alexander said at once. 


Phin took a deep gulp of his Bourbon, before he answered. 


„Lizzy.“ 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story