As they finished breakfast, both tidied up the dining room and the kitchen.


„I have some work to do. But I’ll pick you up at six for my grandma’s dinner,“ Tom said, as they finished. 


„Which work?“ she asked curiously. 


„I’m a carpenter, having an own workshop in the neighborhood,“ he explained. 


„Wow, it’s rare meeting a craftsman nowadays.“


„Well, there are people out there, who still value handcrafted furniture. My order book is full, I can’t complain.“ 


She just smiled at him.


„What’s your profession?“ he wanted to know. 


„Ummm… I just finished my fashion design studies,“ she explained.


Tom chucked.


„Means, you’re a tailor.“ 


She smiled back. 


„Ya… kind of.“ 


„Well, it’s nice to meet a craftswoman nowadays. And I’m happy to inform you, that my grandma was as well, before she got retired.“


Lisa gave him a surprised look.


„Really? She was a tailor?“ 


„Yes, she was.“ 


„Wow, that’s amazing. Can’t wait to chat with her about her work tonight.“




July, 2040


Lisa was the first waking up in the next morning. She sneaked into the bathroom without waking up Violet, dressed into some comfy clothes and went into the kitchen for coffee. Of course she didn’t sleep well after the latest events with Silas. She was still processing his passionate kiss and what he said to her afterwards. She was his now. How on earth could that happen? It felt completely surreal. 


When her coffee was ready, she sat down at the kitchen island and grabbed her phone. 


„No regrets this time?“ [Tinkerbell]


„Good morning, girlfriend.“ [Future husband]


Lisa almost peed herself while reading his text message. Her hands begun shaking and her heart run out of control. It was really happening! 


„Hey Lizzy,“ she suddenly heard Phin saying and terribly frightened. 


„Jesus, Phin! My heart!“ she complained. 


„I’m sorry,“ he apologized, coming closer. 


Lisa immediately locked her phone and put it aside. 


„Did you sleep well?“ he asked, standing next to her. 


„Ummm, ya, I did,“ she lied, forcing a smile. 


He smiled back and sat down next to her on a stool.


„So? What would you like doing today? They’re having a safari park. Or we do some wellness in one of those fancy hotels,“ he suggested. 


„Ummm… what about playing Golf?“ she replied, knowing all boys would love the idea. 


„Sure. I didn’t expect you would like to learn how to play,“ he replied. 


„Did someone say Golf?“ they heard Alexander saying, who just left his bedroom. 


„It was Lizzy’s idea,“ Phin answered. 


„But you don’t play,“ Alexander said to her.


„I’m happy to teach her,“ Phin replied, smiling all over his face. 



„How could you suggest Golf? Violet blamed her best friend, as they arrived at the golf course. 


„We went shopping yesterday. That’s why I believed it would be fair doing something the boys like today,“ Lisa explained. 


Jake came closer and kissed Lisa’s forehead, terribly looking forward to play. 


„I love you, sis.“ 


Lisa turned into Violet’s direction, when Jake went away.


„I did you a big favor, V. Just act clumsy and let Jake help you,“ she whispered. 


Violet’s bad mood immediately lightened up.


„Jaaake? Why do I have so many golf clubs?“ she asked, to catch his attention.


Phin joined Lisa short time later, with a loving smile on his face. 


„You need any help, Lizzy?“


„Ummm… well… which club do I need first?“ 


„This one,“ Phin said, putting one club out of her golf bag. „It’s called driver. You need it for long distances.“ 


Lisa took the club, being a little intimidated by the distance to the first hole. Phin was still smiling adoringly at her. He put a tee into the grass and placed a ball on it. 


„Bent your knees a little bit.“


She did what he said.


„Very good. The most important rule is, keeping your left arm straight all the time, okay?“ 


She nodded.


„Great. Now give it a try. It doesn’t matter, if you hit the ball or not. I just want you to get a feeling for the club,“ he continued explaining.


„Okay,“ Lisa said, focusing to do everything right. 


Then she lunged out, hit the ball and made it fly all over the course. 


„Jesus, Lizzy! Looks like you’re a natural talent,“ Phin praised her for her perfect drive. 


Lisa smiled self satisfied. 


„Watch out, Timberlake. There’s a new sheriff in town,“ she teased. 



Lisa didn’t expect she would enjoy the game that much. She learned incredibly fast and impressed the boys with her new skills. Phin on the other hand enjoyed teaching her, being proud how much she achieved during her first game. 


„Thank good we are finished. This was torture,“ Violet complained, as the game was over. 


„You wasn’t that bad,“ Jake tried to cheer her up.


„I almost killed my twin brother, JC,“ Violet replied. 


„This was the highlight of the day,“ Phin teased, remembering Violet’s club flying straight into Alexanders’s face. 


Alexander gave his sister a stern look, having a bump on his forehead. 



After having dinner at the golf course, the group returned to their vacation house. They decided going dancing tonight and made themself ready for clubbing.


„I know you said you’re not interested in Phin, but I noticed you two having lot of fun today,“ Violet said, being busy refreshing her make-up.


Lisa was curling her hair, standing next to her in the bathroom. 


„Phin is fun. I really enjoy spending time with him, V. But I don’t have any romantic feelings for him.“ 


„I know, Lizzy. But… if you’re seriously giving up on Silas, you’ll need to open up to other guys at some point. I really think it would be good for you going on dates and making some experiences.“ 


Lisa raised her eyebrows.


„Experiences?“ 


„You exactly know, what I mean,“ Violet replied. „You never kissed a guy, accept Phin.“


Lisa was suppressing a smile. She wished she could share the latest news about Silas with her best friend. But being with him was not an ordinary relationship. Their age difference could bring him into trouble. That’s why she needed to keep quiet to protect him.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please tell me what you think :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story