July, 2045


When Tom left for work after having breakfast together, Lisa decided taking a long bath. She slept well that night, but still she was having a brutal jetlag. When the old bath tube filled with water, she laid down inside, closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 


Somehow she managed to this point not thinking much about Phin or Silas. Leaving the US on her own was an exciting experience, which distracted her from all problems she was running away from. But now, being all alone in her grandparent’s silent house brought back all emotions. She thought about cheating on Phin, still being devastated about her behavior. She owed him so much. Phin became her hero after Silas left five years ago. She remembered countless hours he was just holding her tight, while she was crying her eyes out. It was almost unbearable for her dealing with her shame. Tears started running down her cheeks. She knew she didn’t deserve better, him breaking up with her for what she did. But it was more than just ironic, that Silas didn’t want to be with her, as well. She wondered, if she wasn’t meant to be with any of them. Maybe everything happened for a reason. Maybe the universe simply had different plans for her. She never believed finding herself in a situation like this. But despite of all desperation she was going through right now, being far away from home also gave her some peace. 


When she finished her bath, she wrapped herself in a big towel and went to the bedroom. She noticed her phone lying on the bed, still being switched off. Again she felt sickness rising up, just by the imagination talking to her mother. But there was no other way. Her family needed to know what was going on. 


„LISA! GOOD LORD!“ she heard Eve gasping, as she answered her call.  


Lisa immediately started crying badly. It was impossible for her to hold her emotions back. 


„I’m sorry mom… I’m really sorry…“ she whined. 


„Don’t apologize! Just tell me, if you’re okay!“ Eve said nervously. 


„I’m okay. Everything is good.“ 


Eve sighed with relief.  


„I was so worried! I called everyone you know! Jake and Justin were also looking for you!“


„I didn’t want to cause any trouble… but I didn’t want you to stop me, either…“ Lisa sobbed. 


„Stop you from what? Where are you, sweetheart?“ 


„I’m home.“


„What are you talking about?“ 


„I’m at your home, mom.“


Eve needed a second to understand what Lisa was trying to say. 


„GERMANY?! ARE YOU SAYING YOU WENT TO GERMANY?!“


„Yes… it was the first thought I’ve had… then I took the keys to your house out of your drawer and booked the next possible flight.“ 


Eve was processing the news. The last thing she expected was Lisa leaving the continent. Her daughter was strongly connected to all family members. She never felt comfortable being somewhere on her own. Going to New York for her studies was a giant step for her. She was struggling badly being on her own. Luckily Phin spent a lot of time with her at the east coast and encouraged her to move on. 


„Honey, do you really think this was a good idea? I understand your desperation. A lot of crazy things happened in the last days. But running away never makes things better. Trust me, I tried doing the same when Tom died. But it didn’t change the fact, that I left undone business behind,“ Eve explained. 


„Talking about your first husband…“ Lisa replied, making a short pause. „I met his nephew. His name is Tom. Tom Miller."


There was silence on the other side. Eve was processing hard. 


„Excuse me… what did you say…?“ she asked with shaky voice. 


„His brother gave his son Tom’s name,“ Lisa said. 


„Florian? Florian has a son? God lord… I didn’t know…“ 


Lisa explained to her mom everything she learned about Tom. Eve was listening carefully, being in pure disbelief, that another Tom Miller existed. Lisa also told her about how they met and that she would meet his grandma Andrea for dinner tonight.


When Eve sorted her mind somehow, she was relieved, that her daughter wasn’t all alone. But it felt completely weird, that of all people it was Tom’s family who was taking care for her daughter. 


„What are your plans, Lizzy? How long will you stay?“ Eve wanted to know next. 


„I don’t know, mom. But it feels good. The distraction makes things easier.“ 


Eve understood what Lisa was talking about. Every time things got tough in her life, Eve acted the same way. She learned at some point, that running away was not a solution. But it could be a helpful part to reset all negative emotions.


„Okay. I’m not pushing you to come back, yet. But I expect you to tell me every day, that you’re good. Do you understand?“


„Yes, I understand.“ 


„I really mean it, Liz. If you ignore me, be sure, I’ll go there and bring you home using violence, if necessary.“


Lisa chucked. 


„Got it, mom. I promise to stay in touch.“ 


There was a short pause. Lisa heard her mother taking a deep breath. 


„What do I tell Phin… and Silas?“ Eve asked carefully. 


Lisa needed a moment to think about it.


„Did they even notice I’m gone?“ 


„No one of us informed them, that you’re missing. We believed it might be not a good idea,“ Eve explained. 


There was another pause. 


„Then let’s keep it that way.“ 




July, 2040


Lisa and Silas stayed on top of the mountain, until the sun started rising up slowly. She was lying in his arm, just listening to his heartbeat and enjoying every second to it’s full extent. Silas was stroking her back gently, feeling the same way. Things couldn’t be more perfect like in that moment. His heart was filled with pure love and happiness. 


„I need to bring you back, before the guys wake up,“ he whispered some time later. 


She took a deep breath of his scent and hugged his body tightly. 


„Let’s just stay here forever.“ 


He chuckled and kissed the top of her head.


„I wished we could, Tinky…“ 


She raised herself a little to see his face. 


„I love you.“ 


Silas gave her a loving smile. 


„I know. You mentioned it once or twice during the last ten years.“


She smiled back and placed a soft kiss on his lips. 


„I can’t stress it enough.“ 


Then she looked at him again. He turned serious, cupping her cheek with one hand. 


„I love you, Lisa. You own my heart now.“ 


Hearing him say that was the biggest gift he could make her. Tears started running down her cheeks. 


„Tinkerbell… please don’t cry… I didn’t mean to make you cry,“ he said calmly.


„But this are happy tears.“ 


He smiled again. 


„Okay. Making you happy is all I want.“ 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story