Lisa sneaked inside the house on her tiptoes, with her sneakers in her hand. Luckily no one was awake, yet. She entered the bedroom, put her shoes aside, changed quickly into her pjs and crawled into bed. Violet didn’t notice, still sleeping peacefully. 



Three hours later:


„Lizzy… Lizzy… wake up… breakfast is ready.“ 


Lisa opened her eyes, seeing Violet’s happy face in front of hers.


„Go away…“ she murmured, pulling her blanket over her head. 


„Don’t you feel well?“ Violet asked concerned. 


„I’m still tired.“ 


„Why? We weren’t in bed that late. Come on. AJ made pancakes.“



„You look like you didn’t sleep, sis,“ Jake teased, when Lisa finally joined everybody at the dining table. 


She ignored her brother’s comment and let herself fall at a free chair.


„What happened to your mouth? Do have an allergy or something?“ Alexander asked next. 


Lisa felt caught, toughing her lips. They were red and swollen from making out with Silas.


„Something must be wrong with my new skin care,“ she lied. 


Phin was still in a bad mood, just sipping his coffee. 


„What do we do today?“ Violet wanted to know. 


„I’m going back home," Phin said.


All eyes were on him. 


„Why?“ Alexander asked. 


Lisa looked at Phin, feeling terribly pity for him. Their eyes met for a second. Then he put his mug at the table and stood up. 


„My car will be here any moment,“ he said, without giving them an explanation. 


He went into his bedroom and started packing his stuff. One minute later Lisa knocked at the half closed door.


„May I come in?“


„Sure,“ he said emotionless, just giving her a glance.


She sat down at his bed, looking at him. 


„I really feel bad about yesterday night,“ she said carefully. 


„You don’t have to,“ he replied, still packing. 


„I don’t wanna lose you as my friend, Phin. You mean a lot to me.“ 


Phin closed his eyes for a second and deeply sighed. 


„You’re not losing me. I just need to learn to deal with…“ 


He made a pause.


„With what?“ she asked.


„My stupid feelings.“ 


„Nothing is stupid about your feelings.“


He dared looking at her now. Lisa stood up and stopped standing in front of him. Then she hugged him close. Phin couldn’t resist. He embraced her tightly, inhaling her scent. He wanted nothing more than he wanted her. Maybe it was just not the right moment. Maybe she would change her mind, if he tried harder. 


„I’m sorry…“ she whispered. 


„It’s fine. Don’t worry.“ 


They released each other slowly, still standing close. 


„You still wanna go back home?“ 


„Ya… I need some space to sort my mind.“ 


Lisa understood. 


„Then we all go. It makes no sense without you.“ 


„You don’t have to.“ 


„It’s settled,“ she said. 


Then she gave him a peck on his cheek and left the room. 



Lisa and Jake returned home three hours later. They dressed their shoes off in the hallway and put their bags aside, hearing someone playing the piano in the living room. Both exchanged glances. Their dad usually didn’t play in the middle of the day, being busy with his work in the studio. The music suddenly stopped. They heard Josh explaining something. Being curious what was going on, they sneaked into the living room. 


Eve was sitting next to Josh at the piano. He was showing her how to play. She was focused on every word he was saying, before she tried herself. 


„Damn, it’s really hard,“ Eve said, having trouble remembering the notes. 


Josh gave her a calm smile and kissed her temple. 


„You’re doing great, love. Just try again,“ he said patiently. 


Then he moved closer, put his arm around her waist and placed his finger on hers. She played again with his help. 


„See? You just need to practice a little bit,“ he encouraged her, still smiling lovingly at her. 


She looked at him and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. Then she tried again. 


Lisa and Jake watched their parents secretly from distance. 


„Aren’t they cute?“ Lisa whispered in Jake’s ear. 


He smiled at her and nodded. 


„I want that, too,“ she said next. 


„Playing the piano?“ Jake whispered back.


„No. I meant everlasting love. Look how happy they are having each other. Like no time has passed. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?“ 


Jake nodded again.


„Ya. It’s beautiful.“ 


Eve and Josh heard them mumbling and turned their heads. Both kids smiled sheepishly at them. 


„You’re back already?“ Josh asked surprised. 


„Yap. Someone dumped Phin and ruined the good mood,“ Jake teased his sister. 


Eve and Josh exchanged glances. Lisa rolled her eyes. 


„What's wrong with Phin?“ Eve asked curiously. „He’s so cute.“ 


Josh gave Eve a stern look.


„He’s a clone of Justin.“


„He’s not a clone of Justin,“ Eve claimed, although she knew it was true. 


„Of course he is,“ Josh and the kids said at once. 


„Fine. Let him be a clone,“ Eve continued talking. „It’s a pity you don’t like him, though. I really think you two would make a great couple.“


„Don’t push her, honey,“ Josh said. 


„Thank you, dad,“ Lisa replied, before going into the kitchen. 


„Was it really so bad, that you needed going back home?“ Eve asked Jake. 


„Yap,“ Jake replied.


„Stop blaming me!“ Lisa shouted from the kitchen. 


„And what did you do, besides of playing piano?“ Jake asked.


„We’ve had sex in the whole house,“ Josh said to tease his son. 


Jake made a disgusted face. 


„Great job, dad!“ they heard Lisa yelling. „I just lost my appetite!“ 


„Shouldn’t you be in the office, instead of banging in the whole house, mom?“ Jake teased. 


„Having the house for ourselves was priceless. That’s why I took few days off,“ Eve answered. 


„But you just ruined it,“ Josh complained, giving Jake an annoyed look.


„Lizzy ruined it,“ Jake defended himself. 


„Stop blaming me!“ Lisa shouted again. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story