On their way back Lisa was sitting spread legged on Tom’s carrier, holding his waist tight.


„That’s what happens to the fine lady after three glasses of wine, hm?“ Tom joked.  


„Safety first,“ she giggled. „God knows in which condition you are after one glass of wine, Sir.“ 


Tom enjoyed their little teasing. He enjoyed everything about Lisa. But he also knew he needed to be careful. She didn’t show up just like that without any reason. He was afraid, that getting involved too deep could mean trouble in the end. 


„Here we are, safe and in one piece,“ Tom said, parking his bike in her driveway. 


Lisa stood up, smiling at him. 


„Thank you for bringing me home, Mr. Miller.“ 


„Still so formal, hm?“ Tom replied, smiling back at her. 


„My mom… certain people call her M… it’s stands for Miller. Even though she got married again, she still has that nickname. It’s feels weird you having the same name,“ Lisa chatted. 


„Well… it means we are family… somehow we are, don’t you think?“ Tom replied. 


„God… you just made things even weirder,“ Lisa chuckled. 


„I’m sorry.“


„No… weird is good… I’m weird myself, so…“


„And why, if I may ask?“ 


„That’s a topic we better clarify another time. Good night, Tom.“ 


„Good night, L.A. girl.“



At the same time Eve was preparing dinner with Justin. After talking to Lisa on the phone, she felt relieved, not worrying that much anymore. But of course she was asking herself, if her daughter was truly okay, being far away from home on her own.


„What’s going on in your head?“ Justin asked, noticing that she was absentminded. 


Eve looked at him and cracked a smile. 


„I just miss Lizzy and wonder how she’s doing.“ 


„She’s a big girl. I know it’s sucks that she ran away. But at least she told you where she went, comparing to someone else, who simply disappeared for five years…“


Eve nodded.


„I remember your desperation like it was yesterday. It was a giant mess.“


In the same moment they heard the front door opening up. Few seconds later Phin entered the kitchen. Both looked at him, not knowing what to say. 


„Hey… ummm… I came for my stuff…“ Phin explained, obviously still being completely devastated about the latest events. 


Eve and Justin exchanged glances. 


„Lizzy’s car isn’t in the driveway…“ Phin added. 


„Right. She’s not home,“ Eve replied. 


„Good… ummm… I’ll make it quick then…“ 


Justin went in his direction and stopped standing in front of his son. Then he hugged him tightly. Phin responded his embrace. 


„You can talk to me at any time.“


„I know. Thank you, dad.“


Justin released him slowly and noticed his injured wrist. 


„Did you punch your brother?“ 


„Eve didn’t tell you?“ Phin said surprised.


Justin looked at Eve. She innocently shrugged her shoulders. 


„I’m not a snitch.“ 


Justin sighed, looking at Phin again.


„Silas is still your flesh and blood. I don’t want you being that way, son.“ 


„I apologized. We’re good. Don’t worry.“ 


Eve put the potato peeler aside and came closer. She gave Phin a tight hug, as well. 


„It breaks my heart how things ended, sweetheart. I’m very sorry you’re suffering,“ she said.  


„Thank you, M.“ 


Both released each other. 


„I better go upstairs to grab my stuff, before Lizzy comes back,“ Phin said next.


Eve forced a smile and nodded. 


When Phin was gone, Justin turned into Eve’s direction and gave her a stern look. Then he grabbed her waist and pushed her against the kitchen island. 


„What else are you hiding, hm?“ 


Eve smiled innocently, putting her arms around his neck.


„Nothing.“


„Hard to believe.“ 


She smiled brighter and placed a playful kiss on his lips.


„I like it when you try acting bossy…“ 


He raised his eyebrows.


„You really dare enjoying this?“ 


She kissed his lips again. 


„Very…“ 


He kissed her harder, pressing his body against hers. His sudden arousal was hard to ignore.


„Look what you’ve done…“ he talked into her mouth. 


„Don’t make me responsible for what is happening in your pants, Timberlake.“


„You caused this and need to deal with the rest,“ he talked back. 


Eve giggled, as he begun kissing her neck hungrily. 


„We aren’t alone… Jake and Violet surely already smelled the food… and Phin will be back any moment…“ 


Justin stopped kissing her and sighed with frustration.


„Why we never have that place to ourselves?“ he complained. 


„Because Josh believed having kids was a great idea,“ she joked. 


„Instead of moving out, they’re just bringing more kids here.“ 


„Yes. But we need to deal with it. Now go back to work, sexy. I’m hungry.“ 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I'm going on vacation. Next update comes at the end of May. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story