Hours later Eve was making herself ready for her date with Justin in the bathroom. She was wearing a navy shift dress and just finished curling her long hair a little. 


Justin entered the bathroom in the next moment, wearing a light blue button down shirt and black chinos. He’ve seen the hairdresser the same day. His grey hair was short on his sides and little longer on top. He decided keeping his three day beard, knowing Eve liked it that way. 


„Am I sexy enough for my girl?“ he asked cheeky. 


She gave him a dirty smile.


„You look hot, James. As you always do.“ 


He came closer and embraced her body from behind. Then he placed soft kisses on her neck.


„Can’t wait to help you out of that pretty little dress tonight, Moneypenny…“


Eve enjoyed his caresses, thinking about how lucky she was to have him. After all what they went through in the past, finally their time has come. She didn’t expect her life would turn this way. When she used to imagine her future, there was only Josh. But things came differently. And again it was Justin who helped her going through the hardest time of her life. He gave her strength and hope when she needed it the most. She owed him more she could ever return. That she knew for sure.


Slowly she turned in his direction, putting her arms around his neck.


„We need to go, honey,“ she said calmly. „I hope you’ll like my little surprise…“ 



A black Mercedes was waiting for them in front of the house.


„Uh… so both of us are drinking tonight, hm?“ Justin said. 


„Yes, we do,“ Eve replied, smiling at him. 


„I already like what is happening.“


The driver exited the car and opened the backseat door for them. 


„Thank you, Sir,“ Eve and Justin said. 


„My pleasure,“ the driver replied politely. 


„Where are we going?“ Justin asked him, when they left the property. 


„I afraid I’m not allowed to tell, Mr. Timberlake,“ he answered. 


„Can’t you just wait and see?“ Eve said. 


Justin smiled adoringly at her and put his arm around her shoulders. Then he kissed her temple.


„Fine.“ 


40 minutes later they reached Malibu. 


„Oh! Are we going to the new fish restaurant they opened up few weeks ago?“ Justin asked curiously. 


Eve gave him a warning look.


„You agreed to be patient, remember?“ 


He kissed her head again, giving her a sassy smile. 


Just short time later the driver turned left and parked the car in the driveway of an old beach house. Justin frowned. He remembered that place and needed a moment to sort his mind. Eve enjoyed his little confusion, giving him some time to process. 


„M?“ 


„Yes?“ 


„This is… our… beach house,“ he stammered. 


„I know,“ she said quietly. 


He looked at her in disbelief. 


„What is happening?“ 


„I’m gonna tell you inside.“


Justin turned deeply excited about the fact, that she brought him to this place. He bought that house back in those days to live here with Eve and their kids. But then things came different. He couldn’t wait to find out what this was about. The driver opened their door. Both exited the car and went to the front door. Eve put a key out of her purse and opened up. 


There was some low light in the whole house, creating a cozy atmosphere. But there was no furniture in it. They entered the empty hallway and went into the giant living area. In the kitchen a chef and his assistant were preparing some food. 


„Good evening,“ both men said, as they came closer. 


„Good evening,“ Eve and Justin replied. 


„Can someone explain to me what is going on, please?“ Justin asked impatiently. 


Eve turned in his direction and smiled. 


„These gentleman work at your favorite steakhouse downtown and will serve our dinner tonight.“ 


„Well, yes. I already noticed the food. And I’m deeply thrilled about the fact, that these gentlemen work at my favorite restaurant. But why are we having dinner here?“


Eve took his hand and pulled him to the balcony. It was decorated with chains of lights, colorful plants and opulent candle holders. In the middle there was a beautiful arranged table for two. The smooth sound of the breaking waves made the whole situation even more romantic. 


„This looks stunning, my love. I don’t know what to say,“ Justin said, being touched by the effort she made.


„Come on. Let sit and I’ll explain,“ she suggested. 


The assistant entered the balcony and filled their glasses with red wine. Both clinked as he returned to the kitchen. 


„Mmmmm… that’s my favorite,“ Justin noticed.


„I know,“ Eve replied. 


„Okay. Now tell me why you brought me here.“ 


Eve put her glass aside and looked deep into his eyes. 


„I bought that house for us.“ 


Justin stared at her in disbelief.


„You bought that house?“ He repeated. 


Eve nodded. 


„When I felt ready being with you, I also realized we needed a home for ourselves. This house was the first which came into my mind. I made a research and found out, that the current owner rent the house to film production companies or celebrities, who stays in town for couple of months. As I had nothing to lose I got in touch with him a made an offer. He wasn’t interested in selling that place, but I didn’t let go until he finally he changed his mind,“ Eve explained. 


Justin was still staring at her, processing hard.


„I don’t know what to say… you make me speechless…“


Eve smiled at him.


„I’m aware of, that the house is not in a good condition, needing some renovation urgently. But as you can imagine, I already have ideas how to bring it back in shape.“ 


Justin stood up in the next moment, grabbed her hand and made her stand up, as well. Then he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly. 


„You’re amazing. Thank you so much, my love. You have no idea how much this means to me.“ 


Eve looked at him.


„You really like the idea?“ 


„Of course I do. I can’t believe this is really happening… you and me living here… it’s mind-blowing.“ 


She smiled and kissed his lips gently. 


„But… are you really sure you wanna move out of your house? I mean… that’s the place you raised your kids… you lived there with C your whole marriage…“ Justin asked carefully. 


„I’m not selling our place in The Hills,“ Eve replied. „I could never do that. Still I long for a place for just you and me. I want the kids having our current house. This way it stays with the family.“


Justin chuckled.


„You’re sure you can convince them staying in The Hills? They don’t make the impression being interested living on their own. When they see this beautiful place, I’m afraid they might be the first packing their stuff.“ 


Eve smiled back and nodded, being aware of this may really happen. 


„We need to find a way to stop them.“


Justin cupped her face with one hand.


„You make me very happy with this, M.“ 


She kissed him again.


„I can’t wait making this place our home.“ 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story