August, 2045


Some time passed by. As Jessica returned from her business trip, she offered Silas staying at her place, instead living at his father’s house. Silas refused her offer when he learned, that she was in a new relationship. He believed it must be awkward for her new partner sharing the house with her grown up son. 


Phin moved back into their father’s house for the same reason, not wanting to spoil Jessica and her boyfriend. Despite of all the drama with Lisa, the brothers got along with each other pretty well. Not being on their own helped both to deal with the circumstances. 


Phin still loved Lisa with all of his heart. He loved her so desperately, that he could even imagine to forgive her for betraying him. Still he couldn’t ignore the fact, that she wanted Silas more than she wanted him.


Silas on the other hand was terribly torn. He needed more time to handle the whole situation. He still wanted Lisa more than anything else in this world. But he struggled hard with the question what would happen to his brother, when Lisa was his. Although he understood, that there was no future for Phin and Lisa, his conscience still didn’t allow putting his own interests above Phin’s wellbeing. 


Both didn’t try getting in touch with Lisa, since the day they dismissed her for different reasons. 


Justin was barely home, as he spent every night at Eve’s place. They didn’t tell the kids yet, that they would move to Malibu, as soon as the redesign of their beach house would be finished. Eve was pretty busy with the renovation, but she enjoyed it a lot to do some work again. Mateo offered any help she needed to finish her project quickly. He missed working with her a lot. Of course he completely understood as she decided leaving their firm to spend more time with Josh when he got diagnosed. But as he passed, Mateo was hoping secretly Eve would change her mind and go back to business. Maybe her beach house project was the first step in the right direction. 


Lisa was still in Germany. She took Andrea’s offer and begun working with her. The older woman inspired her in a way she could never imagine. They’ve spent countless hours together inventing sewing patterns and samples. Andrea was deeply impressed from Lisa’s creativity and craftsmanship. That’s why she encouraged her to start an own business. First Lisa didn’t believe having enough experiences to found an own label. But with Andrea’s support she learned trusting her own skills and opening up to the crazy idea being her own boss. 


Working hard on her first collection was perfectly distracting Lisa from her heartache. She didn’t have any time thinking about the problems she left behind. After spending her whole days at Andrea’s place, she was too exhausted doing anything else but sleep. 



It was Sunday morning. Lisa hastily woke up by the sound of the doorbell. Still being very sleepy she went downstairs and opened up, seeing Tom standing in front of her. 


„I quit,“ he said, crossing his arms and giving her a stern look. 


She frowned, not understanding what was going on.


„You quit what?“ 


„I’m quitting being your driver.“ 


Lisa immediately got a bad conscience. Tom was bringing her to his grandmother’s place every morning and also bringing her home after having dinner all together. She felt ashamed, that she took his help for granted. 


„You’re right. I’m very sorry that I overused your help,“ she apologized. „Ummm… I’ll buy an own bike… or… maybe there is an old one from grandma in the garage…“ 


„You don’t have to,“ Tom interrupted her. 


She raised her eyebrows, waiting for more information. He grabbed her hand in the next moment and pulled her to the driveway. Both stopped standing in front of a yellow bike, parking next to his. It was the same old model, but for women. Lisa gave him a surprised look.


„Is… is this for me?“ she asked carefully. 


„Yes,“ Tom replied, smiling self satisfied. 


„Where does it come from?“ 


„I found it in the small ads. It was in a really bad condition, but luckily I could fix it. It’s having new wheels, a new chain, a new lamp… and I paint it yellow because I believed you would like it that way,“ Tom explained. 


Lisa didn’t know what to say. She was incredibly touched, that he made such a big effort to surprise her. She stared at the bike and then at him. 


„Um… you like yellow, right..?“ he asked, suddenly feeling insecure. 


She nodded and begun smiling all over her face. Then she fell around his neck.


„Thank you, Tom. It’s perfect.“ 


He hugged her back, being relieved that his effort paid off. She released him, still smiling.


„I can’t wait to ride it.“ 


„Well, the weather is good and it’s Sunday. What about giving yourself a day off and doing a cycling tour to the lake with me?“ 


„There is a lake?“ 


„Um ya, a pretty big one. I’m sure you’ll like it.“ 


Lisa smiled again. 


„I love the idea. But first breakfast. Come on, I’ll make some scramble eggs for you,“ she offered, pulling him back to the house. 



Lisa put on the only summer dress she brought, put her hair together into a high ponytail and decided there was no need for any make up at the lake. Tom was waiting downstairs for her. He prepared some snacks out of their left overs and put everything into a bag pack. Lisa brought a blanket which she found in a cupboard. 


„Looks like we’re ready,“ Tom said. 


„Yes, we are,“ she replied, looking forward doing the trip with him. 


Then they left the house, preparing their bikes. Lisa turned little nervous. 


„Honestly I can’t remember when I was riding a bike for the last time,“ she confessed, carefully sitting down on her bike. 


„Americans,“ Tom teased. 


„Hey, what that supposed to mean?“ 


„You and your cars. I heard, you can even get married in your car.“ 


„Hm… well… can’t deny that awkward fact,“ she giggled. 

Then she begun riding carefully. It worked better than she expected. 


„Ha! There’s still hope for me, I guess,“ she said happily. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story