August 2040


„God, I’m starving,“ Lisa said, entering a diner with Violet. They watched a movie and decided having a quick dinner afterwards, before heading back home. 


A waitress escorted them to a free table. 


„Oh… look Lizzy… there’s Si with some other guys,“ Violet noticed them sitting at another table. 


Lisa stared in their direction, seeing a blond girl sitting next to Silas. She was laughing and touching his arm. 


„They must be his co actors,“ Lisa replied. 


Violet frowned. 


„How do you now?“ 


„Um… he mentioned meeting them this week during my dad’s birthday party, remember?“ 


„Oh, ya.“ 


Lisa was curious about the girl and wanted to take a closer look. 


„Come on, V. Let’s say hi.“ 


Both went to their table. 


„Hey Si,“ Lisa said to catch his attention. 


He looked at her surprised. 


„Lizzy, V… hey,“ he replied. „What brings you here?“ 


„We’ve been at the movies and got hungry,“ Lisa informed him. 


The rest of the group were listing to their conversation. 


„Who are your friends, Si?“ the blond girl asked curiously. 


Lisa needed to admit, that she was very pretty. She looked like being in Silas’s age.


„Um… they’re family,“ Silas answered. 


„And who are you?“ Lisa asked eagerly, looking at the girl. 


„It’s Baby!“ two guys at the table cheered, calling her by her character’s name.“


Silas turned uncomfortable, noticing Lisa’s jealously. 


The girl wasn’t interested continuing their small talk. 


„Si, can we share a dish?“ she asked instead. „I can’t eat too many carbs.“ 


„Smart decision,“ Lisa provoked her. 


All eyes were on her, including Violet’s.


„Excuse me?“ the girl talked back. 


„Come on Liz. I’m really hungry,“ Violet said to rescue the situation. Then he pulled her friend to their table. „Enjoy your meal, guys!“ 


Silas watched them sitting down. 


„What the hell was that?“ Violet blamed her friend.


Lisa didn’t reply. 


„Why are you making a scene, hm? I thought you gave up on Silas,“ Violet continued talking. 


„Do you think he likes her?“ Lisa asked back.


Violet risked another glance at them. 


„Well, she’s pretty.“


Lisa turned even more upset about the whole situation. 


„I wished I didn’t ask.“ 


Violet sighed. 


„What is going on with you? Since the day we went to Palm Beach you act so strange. I barely recognize you.“ 


„That’s not true.“


„Of course it is. You claim being over Silas, but act like a bitch meeting his co main actor. It makes no sense.“


Lisa looked again in Silas’s direction. The girl smiled adoringly at him, while he was talking about something. 


„Let’s just place the order,“ Lisa said, not answering her friend’s question. 


After some time Silas’s table got served. The girl moved even closer, sharing one dish with him. Lisa could’t keep herself up from staring in their direction again. Silas noticed her glances. The girl giggled about something and started feeding him with fries. 


Violet was losing her patience.


„Liz, for god’s sake. You act pathetic.“ 


„Did you really just say that?“ Lisa talked back. 


„I should have known you’re not over him. You never will. You are obsessed. I really think you should get some serious help.“


Lisa heard enough. She stood up, put some cash at the table and left the diner. Violet rolled her eyes, being deeply upset about her friend. She didn’t want eating on her own and left the restaurant short after. 


 Silas witnessed the scene, knowing he was in trouble. He put his phone out of his pocket. 


„Wait outside.“ [Future husband]


„Don’t you dare telling me what to do.“ [Tinkerbell]


Silas sighed, reading her message. The last thing he wanted was Lisa getting hurt in any kind. He needed to think how to makes things right. 



Two hours later Lisa was lying in her bed, watching telly. She switched off her phone after receiving Silas’s massage, being terribly mad at him. She thought about what Violet said at the diner and needed to admit, that her friend was right. She never acted so rude in front of someone before and regretted that she insulted the girl. However she wasn’t ready admitting her mistake in front of Violet, yet. 


While she was lost in thoughts, she suddenly frightened, hearing someone knocking at her window. Silas was outside, smiling sheepishly through the pane. 


After processing the shock, Lisa stood up, hurried to the window and opened it. 


„Hi…“ Silas said, waiting for her to invite him in.


She stared at him in disbelief. 


„How did you manage that?“ She stammered. 


„I climbed up the tree in front of your house,“ Silas explained, enjoying her confusion. 


„You climbed up our tree?“ 


„Yes. It worked better I expected.“ 


She was still staring at him. 


„May I come in?“

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story