August, 2045


It was late afternoon. Lisa was still upstairs, working on a dress, while Andrea just finished preparing dinner in the kitchen. In the same moment Tom and Silas entered the house. 


„Hey grandma,“ Tom said, coming closer. 


„Hello boys,“ Andrea replied. „It’s nice to see you again, Silas.“


„Same here,“ he replied. „I came to pick up Lizzy.“


„I know. Lizzy said she’s not joining us for dinner tonight, as you’re taking her out.“


Silas smiled at her and nodded. 


„Is she still working?“ 


„Yes. You can go upstairs, if you like.“ 


„Thank you.“ 


Lisa was sitting at the sewing machine. Silas knocked at the half closed door to get her attention. She turned around and smiled, seeing him entering the room.


„Hey,“ she said, with a loving smile in her face. 


Then she stood up and went towards him. Both kissed each other softly. 


„You wanna see my collection?“ 


„Yes,“ Silas replied, smiling back at her. 


Lisa was truly excited showing him her work. She went with him to the hanging rail and pulled out her favorite peace first. 


„This dress is my best work, so far. I tried to invent a look which is classy but also casual enough for business. In my opinion, the most important thing is feeling comfortable in what you wear. That’s why I chose that soft fabric. It feels like cozy lounge wear, don’t you think?“


Silas touched the fabric. He enjoyed listening to her, obviously being very excited about what she created with Andrea within the last weeks. 


„It feels really good. And it’s looks awesome,“ he replied.


Lisa smiled at him. Then she showed him the rest of her collection. 


„I love your work,Tinky. You’re gifted. Andrea was right saying you should start an own business,“ Silas finally said. 


„You really think that?“ 


He pulled her close to his body. She put her arms around his neck.


„Yes, I do.“ 


She kissed him again softy. 


„It means a lot. Thank you, Si.“


„Just the truth.“


She smiled at him, playing with his hair. 


„I’m starving.“


He smiled back. 


„Lucky you I took care for dinner.“


„Are we going out tonight?“ 


„Not exactly.“


„What does it mean?“


„You’ll see.“ 



Lisa and Silas said goodbye to Andrea and Tom and made a walk back home. Silas was shoving her bike. The sun was setting slowly. 


„I want you to close your eyes,“ Silas said, as they finally reached the house. 


She did what he asked for, being excited what would happen next. He took her hand and guided her to the backyard. 


„You can look now,“ he said. 


„Oh my god… Si… this is beautiful…“


Silas prepared a picnic for them. There was a big blanket with dozens of pillows in the middle of the grass, surrounded by lanterns, creating a romantic atmosphere. A small tray was standing in the middle of the blanket with a bottle of wine and two glasses. Smooth music was playing in the background.


„I’m making dinner for you, tonight,“ he said, standing behind of her, with his arms around her waist. 


„This is really sweet, Silas. Thank you.“ 


Both went to the blanket and sat down opposite of each other. Silas opened the wine and filled the glasses. They clinked and took a sip.


„Just relax a little, my love. Dinner will be served very soon.“


She smiled at him and nodded. He stood up and disappeared inside. Lisa enjoyed the wine in the meanwhile.


Short time later, Silas returned with a big round plate with a self made pizza. 


„It smells delicious. I can’t wait to taste it,“ Lisa said, licking her lips. 


Both took a slice, sitting next to each other. 


„Mmmm… really good.“


„I’m glad you like it.“


„You never cooked for me, before. I can get used to it,“ she smiled. 


He smiled back at her.


„Leave some room for dessert.“ 


„Uh… you also made dessert… that’s my man.“ 


Silas served Panna Cotta with fresh strawberries, when they finished the pizza. Lisa enjoyed every bite, being overeating, but happy. 


„Thank you for making that effort,“ she said, leaning against his chest. „It’s so nice being here with you. I couldn’t imagine a better date.“


Silas kissed the top of her head. 


„There’s something more…“ he said quietly.


She looked up to him, being curious what would happen next. 


Silas put a small wooden box out of his pocket. 


„What is this?“ Lisa asked curiously. 


„Open it and you’ll see,“ he replied.


Lisa took the box and opened it slowly. It was filled with chipped wood. On top of it ,there was a plain ring made of bentwood, with a delicate round ruby in the middle. 


Lisa stared at the ring in disbelief. She never saw a ring like that before in her life.


„Si… what… what is happening here…?“ she stammered.


„I guess you know what is happening…“ 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story