There was another knock at the front door. Nash came out of his bedroom to open up. 


„I know he’s here. His bike…“


„Ya, ya…“ Nash interrupted Jake. Come in.“ 



He went into the living room, seeing Silas and Justin sitting at the sofa.


„What do you want here, Jake?“ Justin asked. 


„I was looking for Si.“ 


„Why?“ 


„Well, first of all, I wanna beat the shit out of him.“ 


 Silas smiled cynically. 


„Feel free.“ 


„I understand, you’re upset about what happened to your sister. But this is non of your business,“ Justin intervened. 


„It’s non of your business, either,“ Jake talked back. 


Justin stood up in the next moment. He stopped standing in front of Jake.


„Did Lizzy send you?“ 


Jake looked at him, but didn’t reply. 


Justin scoffed. 


„She has all of you wrapped around her little finger.“


Then he stepped aside and left the situation. Nobody said a word, until they heard the front door closing. 


Jake looked at Silas and came few steps closer. 


„Lizzy is worried about you. Why you didn’t respond to any of her messages?“ 


„Your mom attacked me, like I was the worst person on earth. I needed a moment to sort my mind.“


„I understand the whole situations sucks. But you can’t ignore Lizzy right now. This makes things even worse for her.“ 


„I’m not ignoring her. I just don’t know what to say… my guilt is killing me…“ 


„She needs you!“


„I have the impression, you don’t understand how hard I fucked things up, Jake! If your mom reports me, I’m screwed!“


„This is ridiculous! She would never do this to you!“ 


„You haven’t been there! She was completely out of mind!“


Jake scoffed. 


„You’re such a coward.“


„Jake, listen to me. I can’t be with Lizzy anymore. It’s over.“ 


Jake looked at him for a moment, just realizing this was the only logical consequence. His eyes begun swimming, as he imagined Lisa’s desperation. 


„This will destroy her, Si…“ 


Silas’s eyes filled with tears, as well. 


„I know.“


„But you can’t leave her just like that. You need to explain to her.“


„I know… I’m just still figuring out how…“ 



Few hours later, Jake returned home. Eve appeared in the hallway, as she heard the front door opening up. 


Where have you been?“ she wanted to know. 


„Mom… you know I love you. But right now, I don’t wanna talk to you.“ 


„Jake…“


„No,“ he interrupted her. „I hate how you dealt with the whole situation. It brutally pisses me off.“ 


Eve didn’t say another word. She watched him going upstairs, before she returned into the living room. There was a glass with Vodka on the rocks at the coffee table. She needed a strong drink to daze her mind, while waiting for Josh to return from his trip to Orlando.



There was a knock at Lisa’s bedroom door. She was relieved it was Jake. 


„Did you find him?“ she asked impatiently. 


Jake nodded and came closer. Then he sat down at the edge of her bed and put a folded piece of paper out of his pocket.


„Here,“ he said with sad voice and handed it over to her. 


Lisa sat down. Hastily she unfolded the paper and started reading.


Dear Lizzy,


Writing this, I already realize I’ll regret it forever. Nothing in life made me ever feel as terrible as I do right now. I’m dazed with a throbbing pain in my heart. It is as if my entire world has collapsed and as if my body is about to explode.


No matter how desperate I am about our current situation, I can’t ignore the fact, that we’ve lost our chance. I wished so much things had gone differently. I can’t express with words how sorry I feel putting you through all this pain. 


I want you to know, that I’ll always remember our time together as one of the most memorable periods of my life. The joy you brought me was unlike anything I had ever experienced. You woke feelings that I never expected to feel. I’ve never been happier than when we were together. 


I hope one day you will forgive me and understand, that breaking up things was in everyone’s best interest.


I wish you the best that life has to offer, from the bottom of my heart. 


Please remember, I love you. I always will.


Silas 



Lisa’s veins were flooded with adrenalin after reading Silas’s goodbye letter. Without saying a single word, she jumped out of bed and rushed out of her bedroom. Jake missed the chance reacting in time to make her stop.


„LIZZY!“ He yelled, running after her. „LIZZY, STOP!“ 


Eve heard Jake screaming and jumped up from the sofa. She hurried into the hall, seeing Lisa running down the stairs, being followed by her brother. 


„STOP HER, MOM!!!“ Jake shouted. 


Eve blocked her way, not letting her leaving the house. 


„Lizzy! What are you doing?!“ 


„LET ME OUT!!!“ Lisa screamed from the bottom of her lungs. „LET ME OUT!!!“ 


Jake arrived at the ground floor and grabbed Lisa’s body from behind. 


„I NEED TO SEE HIM!!! LET ME GO, JAKE!!!“ She continued yelling. 


„It’s not possible, Lizzy. It’s not possible,“ Jake replied, still holding her tight. 


Lisa broke down in tears, crying with all of her heart. 


„WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???“ she shouted, looking at her mother. „WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME???“

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story