Author's Chapter Notes:

6/28/23

“JC? What’s going on with Jenna?” 


He looked at the baby monitor and saw Violet sleeping on her lap, but Jenna was staring forward. Her arms twitched.


He sprinted down the hallway to the nursery, Michael and Lance right behind him. Michael took the baby off her lap and put her in her crib.


JC got in Jenna’s face. "Jenna, baby can you hear me?" He shook her shoulders lightly. No response.  


"Help me get her down on the floor…"  Lance helped him get her to the floor, laying her on her side.


"Jenna, wake up, come back," JC said softly, almost pleading, shaking her shoulders again.  She turned her head, and looked up at him dazed, a glossed over look in her eyes. 


"Baby, look at me,” he said, her eyes closed again. 


She opened them again and said," JC…What happened?"


"I'm calling an ambulance," Lance said, grabbing his phone.


"No," Jenna said weakly. 


"Honey, you need medical attention," Lance said.


"They will load me up with drugs I'm already on and send me home. No. I just want to go home. Please." 


"That can be arranged," JC said, picking her up in his arms and carrying her out of the room. He carried her out to the Jeep and belted her in. Lance and Michael followed them out of the house, Michael with Jenna's bag. 


"Are you gonna be ok?'' Michael asked her.


Jenna nodded. "I'll be fine.  Take my meds and sleep it off. I'm sorry it happened while I was holding Violet. "


"Honey, Vi is ok. I'm more worried  about you. Are you sure you're OK? "


“I'll be fine. I just need to go home. " She smiled at her new friend. 


*****


As they drove back to  her apartment,  she nodded off. He took this time to call Kelly and let her know what was going on .


Her phone rang 2 times and she picked up.


"Hey, how did meeting the twins go?"


"A little rocky at first, but things are good now.  She had a seizure at Lance’s  place. He was ready to call an ambulance.  " 


"Is she ok?"


"She is alert, and said she wants to go home and not the hospital.".


"I'll be waiting for you when you get here . "


“Should be there in 20 minutes."


She opened the door for JC, who was holding a very sleepy Jenna in his arms.  He went straight to her bedroom, and placed her onto her bed.


Kelly watched JC take care of her best friend tenderly.  It made her want to cry, honestly.


"Did she take her meds?" Kelly asked.


"When we first got into the car. It was weird. She was putting Violet to sleep in the rocker, singing to her, then she just... stopped.  No shaking or anything.  Just not responding."


"Petit Mal, absent seizures. It’s a good thing you guys noticed.  They usually slip by people as just spacing out.  She has those from time to time, though more so lately.  I guess it's from all the stress from this summer. They still haven't gotten her medications right." Kelly smiled at him.  "You take good care of her, like you've been doing it your entire life. She needs that."


"She doesn’t know Jen left.  Michael fed her some BS story that Jen is jealous and not coming to things if Jenna’s going to be there.”


“I mean, she won’t be, but there’s more to it than that,” Kelly said.  ‘Seriously, you look so natural in how you take care of her.  Maybe you missed your calling in the medical profession.”


“I hate needles, I wouldn’t last 5 minutes in an ER or doctor office,” JC chuckled.


"I'm glad you’re in her life," Kelly said, "I'm gonna go to bed now. I have an early shift in the morning . Stay as long as you like. Just lock up if you leave. "


JC looked down at a sleeping Jenna and said, "I'm staying right here. Next to her." 


"In that case, good night."


"Night. " He waved as Kelly shut the bedroom door behind her. He kicked off his shoes and laid down beside Jenna and wrapped his arms around her. It felt like home.



She woke up the next morning in a t- shirt and her underwear, and had no idea how she had wound up there. She felt a warm body next to her. She settled into him. 


She sucked in her breath when she felt his length, hard and firm against her butt, her eyes widening.  She turned to look at the person next to her, seeing JC in just his boxer briefs. 


"You ok? " Josh asked


“Yeah. How um... Did we?" Jenna asked, not sure what was going on. 


"No, you had a seizure at Lance and Michael's, and were pretty out of it for the rest of the night. You said you were hot, so you wanted to take off your clothes and you did. Down to the t-shirt I talked you into." 


“And why are you, well…?”


“You told me to get comfortable.  Sorry about… you know…”


“It’s morning, I get it,” Jenna shrugged. 


You really don’t, JC chuckled to himself.


“Well, I’m going to take a shower, feel somewhat human again.  I’ll meet you in the living room in a bit and start on breakfast?”


JC nodded, trying not to stare at her ass as she pulled the covers off of her and got up out of bed.  She walked out the door, turning to head into the bathroom.  JC slowly got out of bed, pulling on his clothes and sitting on the couch.


He sat, thinking about what had transpired between him bringing her home the night before to them waking up that morning.



He was holding her in his arms, enjoying the moment, when she started to squirm.  JC was anxious, not sure whether to hold her tight or let her go.


“I’m hot…” she groaned, JC letting her out of his grip.  He was surprised when she got out of bed and started peeling off her clothes.


“Jenna,” he said, turning to face the wall.


“JC, don’t,” she said softly.  “I want you to look at me.”


This isn’t Jenna, she’d never be ok with this.  She was nervous just getting down to her bathing suit earlier…


“Look at me, JC.  I like you.  I want you to like me back, but I know you don’t.  You have Jen, but let me have this moment.  Let me have a night where my fantasy comes true.”


She’d gotten down to her underwear, reaching behind her to unclasp her bra.  She smiled at him seductively as she lowered it.  JC honestly tried not to look., knowing this wasn’t Jenna, but god did he ever want to look.  Seeing her in the bathing suit, he couldn’t help but notice her breasts.  Now seeing them on full display, his body was giving zero fucks about being turned on by her. Her nipples were erect, JC wishing he could touch them, tease her with his fingers and mouth.


 She put her hands on her low waisted panties, turning around to show him her ass.  As she bent over, he could almost swear he saw her turned on, glistening in the moonlight.  It was getting hot as hell in that room, even with her fan on and the window open.


“Jenna, put a shirt and some underwear on, please.”


“Do you like what you see, JC?” she asked with a smirk.


“Y… yes,” he replied honestly.  


“Shit.  Jen…” she sighed, a change in her eyes, like she was coming back to reality.  She put on a t-shirt and panties, looking at JC again.  “Are you leaving soon?”


“I’m staying right here by your side.”


She smiled.  “Hmmm, you wrote a song about that…”  JC thought she sounded more like she was drunk, knowing she wasn’t fully out of her daze.  “Get comfy, JC.  I’m sure sleeping in jeans and that shirt aren’t what you normally wear, and can’t be comfortable.”


He pulled the covers back for her, letting her get into bed before covering her up.  He got up from the bed, almost feeling like this moment was leading somewhere, that she’d want something.  He wanted it too, but he knew not to take advantage.  She likely wouldn’t remember any of this in the morning, and he didn't want that.  He pulled his jeans and shirt off, climbing back onto the bed and laying next to her, over the blankets.


“You can get under the covers with me, JC.  It’s ok, I promise.”


“Jenna, no…”


“Please?” she quietly begged, her eyelashes fluttering lightly.  


Fuck.  He almost lost control then and there, wanting to just kiss her and see how the moment played out.  Almost.  If she didn’t remember in the morning, he still would, and would feel like shit that he did it while she wasn’t in her full mind.  If that was how she really felt about him, turned on in his presence, he wanted her fully awake and aware of what was going on.  Give them both something to remember.



She came out into the living room, JC smiling at her choice of outfit.  She was wearing the purple tee from their latest merch release, along with the white and purple tie dyed sweatpants.  


“Nice outfit,” he smiled.  


“Thank you, I’m glad it got the JC seal of approval twice…”


“Twice?”


“Once to put it in the merch release, and now with me wearing it.  Like when Jen was walking Bronson in the green set.  We all just about died.  Then waiting almost a year to get the chance to buy them…”


“You look super comfy, that was the plan.”


“The sweatpants fit me perfectly. I run warm normally, and I feel comfortable in these. I bought them for when we have pajama spirit days at school. I just need the perfect shoes.”


JC smiled, a plan forming.  “Any idea when that would be?”


“Probably around Christmas?  I’m sure that would make sense, right before the holiday break.”


JC sat quietly, not saying anything, his mind working on several different thoughts at once.


“JC, nothing happened last night, did it?  You mean it?”


“Nothing happened.  You started to change, I made sure I didn't look, I merely suggested you put on something, mostly for when you woke up.  I’m going to ask this carefully, but do you normally sleep naked?”


“No.  That must have just been me in my post seizure state.  Oh god, did I say anything?  Kelly told me I can be a bit like a drunk person, saying things I probably shouldn’t, DOING things I normally wouldn’t.”


“No, you didn't say anything.  Do you need to see your doctor about this?  I know you refused going to the hospital…”


“I’ll make an appointment as soon as possible, yeah.  I’m taking my meds like I’m supposed to, and still having seizures.”


“I just… worry that things between us are too much for you to handle,” he sighed.


“How do you mean?”


“You’re so set on not coming between me and Jen, and you’re not.  But almost like you’re wanting to push me away at the same time you want to be friends.  Maybe you’re draining yourself emotionally and it’s having this effect?”


“I don’t know.  Honestly, I’m happiest since meeting you, JC.  You saved my life that day, but you brought me back to life in other ways.  As weird as it is, I have new friends, people I feel like actually care about me.  I just never thought they’d be members of my favorite band.  After yesterday, I’m not just a charity case, I’m a friend.  That means a lot to me…”


Tears welled up in her eyes.  “You sure you’re ok?” JC asked.


“16 year old me would never believe this.  The things I’ve been through, that your music got me through… it almost makes sense that I’d be here, but at the same time, it sounds too good to be true.  This is either a huge delusion in my head and I’m in a coma somewhere, or I’m really living the best version of my life, everything I’ve ever wanted for myself but never thought I’d get.  Most fans would kill to trade places with me right now.  We consider you guys friends in our heads, but to actually be friends with you, to be invited to Lance’s house, meet the twins, not just meeting you for a brief moment at something like the party at Heart or at Rocco’s, it’s a dream come true and then some.  These are tears of joy, the people I’ve looked up to the last 20 years are the people I hoped they were.  I’ve never really felt like I belonged anywhere, but the fandom gave me a place that was mine.  I feel like I’m a ‘lot’ for some people, so even within the fandom I don’t have friends, just people I interact with on a very basic level of being a fan.  So for you to take me as I am like this " 


He stood and walked over to her, and put his fingers up to her lips, "Don’t you know you are perfect the way you are, Jenna? Whoever made you feel that way was an idiot.”


She reached up and touched his hand. He took her hand and kissed the back of it. He moved their hands to stop over his heart. She felt his heart racing under her hand. She looked up and into his azure colored eyes. They smoldered, and made her entire body tingle. “Don’t ever let anyone make you feel less than, Jenna. You are so much more than that. Anyone would be lucky to have you.”


“You think so?” she whispered.


“I know so,” he said, dropping her hand and cupping her cheek.  Their lips so close to one another's that they could feel each other’s breath. She closed her eyes, and he pulled away, leaving her standing there alone. 


He slammed the bathroom door behind him. He held onto the counter and took several deep breaths. His heart was racing.  He felt like he was going to puke. Great Chasez, you better get your shit together. You can’t fuck this up. He dry heaved into the toilet, but there was nothing to throw up.


“JC, are you ok?” He heard Jenna’s voice on the other side of the door. 


“I’m fine.” He lied. I have to get out of here. I want you so bad I can’t even control myself. God, please help me. He prayed silently.  He collected himself and opened the door to a very concerned Jenna. 


“I need to go home. I need to take Bronson for a walk. I’ll call you later. OK?” he said, grabbing his shoes and lacing them up and grabbing his keys off the kitchen counter. 


“ JC…” she said as he was walking toward the door. He stopped and looked back at her. She walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek. “ Thank you for last night. Taking care of me. You didn’t have too. But, I’m glad you did.” 


“I’m glad I did too,” he said, kissing her on top of the head, and pulling away from her.  “I really do need to go. I’ll see you Friday,” he said, touching her face one more time. He brought her close to him and brushed his lips lightly against hers.  And with that he was gone. 

 

Jenna stood at the door, her fingers against the lips he had just kissed. She shut it behind her, all the while thinking to herself What the hell just happened?




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story