Jenna woke up the next morning enveloped in JC’s embrace. The night before had been more romantic and less awkward than she had anticipated, glad to wake up to him beside her instead of alone.


It was around 9:00, Jenna sleeping in longer than usual.  She carefully turned, seeing JC’s eyes open.


“Morning, beautiful,” he smiled.


“Morning, handsome.  Did you sleep ok? Pretty sure I fell asleep before you did.”


“Yeah, I kinda stayed up till Chris landed and then he wanted to talk most of his ride up here.  Do you want to do breakfast in bed, or go hit up a buffet or something?”


“You’re ok risking being seen with me?”


“You’re my girlfriend. I doubt anyone here is actually going to care that much.  If they do and we’re outed, I have nothing to hide. I love you, you’re beautiful, I am so proud of your strength and courage… I wish I could tell the world.”


“Let’s go get breakfast. I’m gonna wear what I wore yesterday, though.  I mainly brought my bikini and something for dinner after, then something for tomorrow before flying home. Wait, did you get the same flight home as me?”


“Yes and no,” he said with a smirk.


“What does that mean?”


“You’ll see.”


“You can’t buy out the whole plane for us, Josh.”


“I don’t have THAT much money and sway,” he chuckled. 


They got dressed before heading down to the main casino floor. They walked past tables and machines, the place fairly busy with people playing.  They walked into Cafe 88, the only place that looked like it would have breakfast.  


“What do you want to get?” JC asked her as they perused the menu.


“The egg white omelet sounds good, at least the stuff inside… but I’m a sucker for eggs benedict.”


“I’ll get the omelet and share some with you, how about that?  I’ll also get the breakfast burrito so you don’t feel bad about eating ‘my’ food.”


“You know me so well in such a short period of time,” she smiled.


“You make it easy,” he replied.  “I’ve spent so much time with you, you’re an open book. You’ve shared so much with me, though I feel I haven’t really done the same.”


“You have, in your own way. You’ve shown me you’re the man I thought you to be all these years.  You may not be sharing things in the same way I am, but I’m able to infer a lot from my everyday life with you.”


‘Like what?”


“Well, how caring and compassionate you are.  This would never have happened if you hadn’t wanted to make sure I was ok once I got to the hospital.  Calling 911 was enough, but you went the extra mile.  That’s who you are.”


“You were unresponsive, Jenna.  I did what needed to be done.  You could have died…”


“Maybe, maybe not.  But you were sent like a guardian angel to keep me safe.  You became very protective right away with my mom, making sure I was doing what I chose, not what my family wanted me to do.  You and Kelly became a team to make sure my wishes were carried out when I was unable to do so.  Now things are official, or as official as they can get right now.”


“How can they get more official?”


“If I’d said yes. Being husband and wife would trump other immediate family.  But I didn't want to marry you just for that reason.  It was way too quick, and as much as I knew I liked you, I couldn't let you marry me just to take control away from my mother.”


“I admit that was part of all of that, but also out of a love I never thought I’d find again.  I loved Jen, but it felt nothing like this, not even at our best.”


“Our best is my worst,” Jenna sighed. 


“Isn’t that what life and love is about? Being there for those bad times. I can’t imagine much that could be worse than this to test our love for each other.”


“Don’t tempt the universe, Josh.  Saying that is just asking for trouble.”


“I just know that this is bringing us closer together, and I feel things towards you I’ve never felt before, or so strongly.  Whatever happens, I’ll be walking through it with you.  You have me, you’ll have the guys, Kelly, Kim, you’ll never be alone again though any of this.”


“Don’t make me cry, Josh…”


“I love you and I’d do anything for you.”


They ate breakfast in relative silence, Jenna occasionally checking her phone. 


“This is so exciting,” Jenna said gleefully.  “Some of the fan accounts I follow will be here.  One of the girls from that podcast I found, a couple others that live in NorCal.  One is coming from Texas…”


“Just to see Chris?” JC laughed. 


“Hey, asshole!” a male voice said. 


Jenna looked up, her eyes widening.


“Chris, this is Jenna,” he said with a proud smile. 


“Hi…” Jenna barely got out.


“Fangirling, are we?” JC chuckled. He looked at Chris. “You’re the last of us she’s met.”


“It’s nice to meet you, Jenna.  I’ve heard great things.”


“Oh god… I’m a mess.  I’m wearing the same clothes I wore yesterday, wearing an *NSYNC tee…”


“Happens much more often than you think,” Chris said. “I’m sure a lot of people will be wearing fan shirts of one of the bands today…”


“Which is why I’m gonna hide away, out of sight,” JC chuckled. “It’s risky enough being seen with you…”


“I’m always risky,” Chris laughed. 


“You know what I mean.  People might see me and assume I’m coming onstage as a surprise or something. I’m not really seeing anyone I’d guess is going to the show, but you never know,” JC said quietly. “I don’t want to take attention away from what you guys are doing.”


“We're definitely hanging out later, though,” Chris said.  “Pretty sure we can get a private table or room, not even for the 3 of us, but for whoever wants to join. Joey was able to walk around and gamble with Nick and all them.”


“That’s what I heard,” Jenna said.  “I went to the Friday night show and a friend of mine that lives in Vegas saw his parents there the first night. I kept looking around to see if I knew any celebrities in the audience.”


“Friday night, was that the night Jo Koy got up on stage?”


“Yes,” Jenna huffed. “He ruined what could have been a great version of This I Promise You.  He got in the way, I’m not a fan.  I honestly just thought he was a random drunk in the audience at first until they let him stay up there. One girl definitely got dragged off…”


“I was just grabbing food to go and heard you talk, I recognized your voice and walked over to hear you talking shit…” Chris laughed. “We’ll hang out later, I’m making it happen.”  Chris walked away, Jenna still in shock. 


“Probably not how you imagined meeting him, huh?” JC asked. 


“Nope. Not sure what I had in my head, but it wasn’t interrupting a conversation over breakfast.”


“He’s great though, I’m glad I came out for this.  Mostly for last night, but getting to see him. I hadn’t seen him in a while, so it’ll be nice to hang out later.”


They finished breakfast, heading back to their room. Jenna stepped into the bathroom, starting the water.


“Mind if I join you?” JC asks with a grin.


“I wouldn’t mind the company, though not sure I wanna do anything in here…”


“Save that for tonight. I can see it now: we have dinner, you do a little gambling and get a big payout, then come back here to celebrate.”


“Am I wearing the purple teddy again?” she smirked. 


“Up to you.  I won’t complain, I’ll say that.”


She stripped down, JC biting his lip and reminding himself to wait for later, but he couldn’t fight it.  She looked at him, squirming at the sight of him getting turned on. He didn’t have the body of a 25 year old anymore, but neither did she, she rationalized. 


Her body began to react to his springing to attention, JC couldn’t help but notice her nipples eager for his touch or mouth.


“Maybe we need to do something about this first,” she said, biting her lip as she stepped closer to him.


“I know how it looks, but I can wait, really take my time later…”


“Are you sure?”


“You tell me, it’s your call.  The concert starts at 2, the pool area opens at 11.  We do have some time if you want.  I’m not going up on stage, I can look like a slob if I want.”


“Quickie?” Jenna suggested.


“I won’t say no, if you’re feeling up for it.”


“My boyfriend is one of the hottest men I’ve ever laid eyes on.  Yeah, I think I’ve got time…” she smiled, reaching over to turn the water off before walking out to the bedroom, JC following her eagerly.



“So much for a quickie,” Jenna laughed lightly, standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom.


“Really complaining?”


“No.  Time seems to freeze when we’re together though, so I had no clue how long it actually was until I looked at the clock.”


“It’s 12:30, you still have plenty of time.  Not like someone else is gonna steal your lounge chair.”


“It’s called a daybed, thank you,” she quipped.  “It’s freezing out there compared to yesterday, what the hell? It’s all cloudy, I don’t know if I should wear my bikini or not…  That water better be warm.”


JC looked out the window of their room, smiling at the view he had of the pool.  “Go have fun, live a little.  That bikini was made for you to be seen in.  I’ve had daydreams about this bikini, not gonna lie.”


“It’s been like a month…”


“It’s been a good month,” he smiled in reply.


“Is this all the ‘new relationship’ part of things?  Everything feeling all rose colored, the copious amounts of sex…”


“I guess if you had to label it, sure.  Does it mean I don’t want this with you?  Absolutely not.  Honestly, I think most guys would kill for how good things are right now, even with everything else going on.  Our little ritual of getting you home from work, an afternoon snuggle before you make dinner, then sex before bed every night.  I can tell you I’m sure a very small percentage of guys any age, let alone around my age, are getting anything like that.”


“So once the sex slows down, we’re done?”


“I didn't say that.  Is it fun?  Hell yeah, but it’s not my only priority.  YOU are my main focus and priority, beyond the projects I’m working on.  We’re getting to know each other, and that involves intimacy.  Well, it didn't have to, it didn't at first, though we’d kinda snuggle and stuff when we watched TV.”


“Gotta tell ya, I was getting very mixed signals from when we were friends hanging out.  You having your arm around me, little ways you’d touch me like someone that wasn’t a friend would.  I’m glad we’re here now, though.  I guess I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop, ya know?  This is way too good to be true, so I keep trying to poke holes in it.”


“It’s a normal response, in my experience.  Maybe it’s because of who I am, but know that I want all of those things we’ve talked about, someday.  If things are ‘out of order’, the hell with anyone that won’t support it.”


“My mother would have a FIT if I got pregnant first.  Let’s go for it,” she teased.  “I just feel like at some point you’re gonna feel weighed down.  Between caring for me right now since I can’t drive myself, to realizing halfway through a pregnancy that you don’t really want this, I’m not the one you want to do this with anymore…”


“Hey,” he said, cupping her cheek.  “Take things one day at a time.  But know that I do want this with you.  I wouldn’t keep saying it if I didn’t.  I’m saying it until I can live it out.  I’ll tell you this: I have a plan of how I’m going to propose again, and I hope your answer will be yes this time.”


“When you finally ask, however you do it, my answer will be yes,” she smiled.  “After things with Steve, I never thought I’d find that again, let alone with someone like you.  Smart, handsome, caring, passionate, compassionate, sexy as hell… You’re perfect.”


“Except I’m not.”


“Tell that to the fandom.  In my personal experience, you have been amazing.  Minus the time you made it very clear we were just friends, as if I didn't already have it in my head.”


“I was lying to myself, Jenna.  I didn't want to hurt Jen, I never did.  But I had feelings for you from the moment I saw you in that hospital room.”


“I’m sure I was a mess…”


“You were beautiful.  You still are.  You were broken, and I’ve been doing what I can to help you put the pieces back together.  I plan to love you, cracks, chips, and all, as long as you'll let me.”


“This isn't leading to a proposal, is it?” she asked.


“No.  You’ll know, for sure, when it is.  Finish getting ready, spend a little time in the pool if it’s heated.  Otherwise get some food, a couple drinks, and relax on your daybed, which by the looks of things down there is a literal lounge chair…”


“I think mine is one of the ones in the water.  Can I charge things to the room?”


“Yes,” he chuckled.  “I’m spoiling you this weekend.  I told you I’d give you money for this.  Just in a different way than you thought.  I’ve got some things coming up with work, I’m trying to actually push them back so I can really be there for your recovery.  I feel like at least one of these could be pushed back a bit. I want to do them, but I also want to keep my schedule clear to be there for you.”


“Josh, I don’t want to hold you back.”


“Then don’t think of it like that.  Think of it as my being a caring, supportive partner that is wanting to be with you in every step of this journey.  Recovery is going to be hard.”


“So you need some time away so you don’t get bogged down.  It’s going to be hard for me, sure, but I want you to be able to do things you want, keep your career on track.  You can’t stop everything just for me.”


“I’m not stopping things, just pushing them back a bit.  I’m working on things while you’re at work, but I’m not doing as much as I might have done before.  I’m a perfectionist, I was spending way too much time on things.  This helps me set that boundary.  I’ll honestly be sad when you don’t need me to drive you anymore.”


“I don’t even have a car at this point, Josh.  Let’s cross that bridge first.  I’m not taking your Jeep to work every day once I can drive.”


“You could.  I have my motorcycle I can use to get around.”


“We are doing another ride before my surgery and once I’m recovered.  Then do what we should have done that night.”


“Yeah, you’d have wanted sex that night?”


“You bought me my own gear, got me all the way to your place to show me the view… I was surprised it didn’t end with us sleeping together.”


“I mean, it was soon after that we actually did.”


“I’d rather it have been that night than after I got that phone call.  I’m glad we did it, but I would have picked a better moment.”


“Get down to the pool and have some fun.  You’ve got that great coverup to go with it, the sunglasses complete the look.  You look like a model ready to do a photo shoot.  I see some cameras around, maybe you’ll get in some shots for whatever they’re doing.”

 

“I’ll go down there, but if the water is freezing, I’m coming back up, putting on pants, and standing wherever I’m able…”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story