They got into a large, blacked out SUV, something to hold the four of them plus luggage.  She figured an SUV was more glamorous than a van, and wasn’t about to complain about the preparations Eric had made for them.  They rode for a while, getting stuck in traffic, feeling like they were back home a little.  Different, but traffic was traffic, at least to her.  


She got excited as she saw a wide open area on their right.  “Is this Central Park?” she asked, almost bouncing in her seat.


“Were you like this is San Francisco on your way to the hotel?” JC chuckled.  


“A little, yeah.  I live in LA, but San Francisco, New York, it’s like a whole other world…”


“Yes, this is Central Park,” he said softly.  “I’ve been here so many times, I forget what it’s like to be somewhere for the first time.  I’m glad I get to give you that experience though, your first time being here.”


“I have a feeling you’ve given her a lot of firsts, and plenty to come,” Kelly said with a smirk, Jenna flailing her arm towards Kelly.


“Our hotel is on the far end of the park,” Eric said, Jenna taking it all in.  The sights and sounds through the vehicle, feeling a mixture of familiar and alien.  She hoped they’d have time to see some of the park, it was just so massive that she wasn’t sure they’d get to see everything.  


She saw the hotel, nothing large in comparison to the skyscrapers around it.  It both fit in and also stood out.  It looked like a castle rising from the forest of the park.  Kelly gasped.


“We’re staying at the Plaza?”  Kelly was beginning to hyperventilate.


“Guess I made the right choice,” Eric smiled.  “Great view of the park, easy access to a lot of things, both for you ladies and JC and myself.”


“Eric, I’m only here for two things, and only one is going to be public right away.”


“What is it?” Kelly asked.


“So I’m doing a thing with Peloton,” JC started.


“Wait, I saw something about this earlier today.  They’re doing an *NSYNC series of classes…”


“Yeah.  Well, I’m gonna be doing a spin class in their studios that’ll be part of that.  The other stuff is just with their people, but yeah.  My part hasn’t been announced yet, I think that will drop tomorrow, right?”


Eric nodded.  “He records it tomorrow but it’ll air the following day.  Which I hear is a special day for you, Jenna.”


“Honestly, I’d rather forget all about it.  I can't turn older if I refuse to admit it, right?”


“It’s a milestone, you deserve nothing but the best,” JC smiled.


They stopped in front of the hotel, Eric heading to check in while the staff unloaded the car, JC trying to keep a low profile just in case.  They followed the bellhops to check in and get their room numbers and keys. Jenna gasped, the hotel immaculate and timelessly beautiful, a gorgeous chandelier hanging in the lobby.  It reminded her a bit of the Fairmont in San Francisco, but also very different.  She had seen this filmed in movies and such, but to see it up close and personal, she wished she could freeze this moment forever.


They walked to the elevator, Jenna learning that their rooms were all next to each other; making Jenna blush looking at JC, realizing this could get awkward.


“With any luck, your bedroom will be next to my room and not Eric’s,” Kelly smirked with a quiet whisper. 


“As much as I don’t want Eric hearing us, I definitely don’t need you hearing us…” Jenna replied. 


“I’ve heard enough from before you moved out,” Kelly smiled. 


“You have not! You were at work or asleep.”


“Who can sleep with what you two do?” Kelly teased. “I’m kidding, but don’t let it keep you from anything.  Especially on your birthday.”


Jenna’s eyes widened.  “You think?”


“Would you have if you’d been dating him on his birthday? As it is, you shared a bed with him that night.”


“You know I can hear you?” JC whispered between the two women. He looked at Jenna. “I think you know what to expect. Kelly, I make no apologies for anything you might hear.”


Jenna blushed, suddenly imagining being with him, clenching her legs to relieve some of what she was feeling.


They got up to their rooms, JC opening the door for Jenna. It wasn’t as grand as their room at the Fairmont, but she wasn’t going to complain.  It was still fancy and beautiful, the window looking out onto Central Park.  


“This is incredible,” she sighed happily, JC coming up to wrap his arms around her waist. 


“I’m so glad you were doing well enough to come on this trip.  I worried for a bit, but you were making such progress…”


“I wanted to make sure I was around Eric so he couldn’t pull anything like Halloween again.”


“You don’t trust me?” JC asked.


“I don’t trust Eric any farther than I can throw him.  I’m sure the feeling is mutual, but we’re being nice about it at least.  I want him to like me, since I plan to be in your life for a very long time.”


“You’re the mother of my child, pretty sure that cements you in my life for good.  Someday you’ll be my wife.”


“You have to ask first,” she grinned.


“I’m working on it.  All in good time.”


“We’re going to have dinner? I’m guessing we should get changed.”


“Yeah, but not overly so. Dress like if we were going out somewhere.”


“So dress kinda slutty so I assure we’re having sex later?” she giggled.


“You could wear a bathrobe to a restaurant and I’d still want you after.  You could wear a turtleneck and sweats…”


“If I’m underdressed…” she said, being a little more serious.


“I doubt it.  I’ll love you anyways, know that,” he said, pressing his lips to her temple. 


She changed into a dark blue long sleeved top and gray dress pants, looking like she was ready to go back to work, as well as out to dinner.  She knew she was with JC and would be out in public.  On the off chance anyone saw them, she needed to look good, like she belonged with him and not just a fan that approached him.


They met in the hallway, Jenna almost feeling overdressed by not being in jeans, but she didn't care, as her rumbling stomach meant eating was the higher priority.  They made their way down to the lobby, wanting to walk and find somewhere to eat as quickly as possible.  They knew better than to make a pregnant woman wait to eat, even if it was only in her first trimester.  


They walked along 59th street, seeing an Italian restaurant that struck Jenna’s attention.  The smell coming out as the front door opened was almost enough to literally pick her up and bring her inside.  They were able to get a table easily, being a weeknight in November.  


Jenna was eager to order appetizers, the table getting two types of focaccia breads and a plate of meatballs.  They ordered drinks, Jenna opting for a Shirley Temple to feel fancy but not have alcohol.  JC got a scotch and soda, feeling bad that he was drinking when she couldn’t, but they had discussed that he shouldn’t let her pregnancy stop him from having a drink with dinner or at parties and such.  


The appetizers came out quickly, much to Jenna’s relief. If that was a glimpse of what dinner would be like, she could die a happy woman with a full belly.  The flavors popped and the smells mingled to make it an incredible experience. 


Their main entrees arrived, Jenna in love with the presentation on her plate. It looked incredible and tasted even better, Jenna practically moaning at her first few bites.


“I think this is our spot this week, Eric.  I’ve never seen you react to a meal like this,” JC smiled.


“So you’re doing this thing with Peloton tomorrow, what about the rest of the day?” Kelly wondered. 


“You’ll see. Some of it is preparation for Jenna’s birthday.  There’s just too much to do in one day that I’ll need some of tomorrow as well.”


“Josh, you don’t have to,” Jenna sighed.


“You’re turning 40, it’s a big deal.”


“We’re going all out tomorrow night for your birthday.  I insist,” Eric said. “I know just the place.”


“Eric, I’m not worth…”


“Don’t you dare say you’re not worth it. With everything you’ve been through lately, you deserve this so much,” JC gushed.  “If he’s offering, take him up on it.”


“Enter your 40s with a bang.  I’ll get us on lists and set reservations.”


“Eric…”


“We didn't get off on a good foot, so consider this my apology for that.  The more I hear from JC, the more I see around you, you make him happy in ways I haven’t seen in a while.  Let me help give you a birthday to remember.”


“I mean, who would say no to something like that?” she sighed, a blush rising to her cheeks.  She honestly hadn’t really thought about how she’d celebrate, her mind so focused on everything else lately.


JC was already getting more ideas in his head for when they got home.  He needed to text Lance, if nothing else.  Or my Justin, he wasn’t sure yet.  Maybe he’d have a moment of clarity at some point during the trip.  For now they were just ideas buzzing around his head, wanting to map out each one to completion before deciding.  That had to wait, he wanted to be in the moment, focusing on Jenna.  He was so relieved that she had been able to come, that some of what he had planned for the trip would be able to happen since she was there.  He knew he couldn’t push the trip back any more than he already had, so to be there and have her along, for her birthday, it all felt like it was meant to be.


Since JC had already told them about his plans for being in NYC, they made small talk, letting Eric get to know Jenna better.  Eric had to admit that some things had been lip service, trying to fix his bad first impression, but the more he got to know her, the more genuine his offer became.  He saw the genuine affection JC had for her, and if JC was that happy, he wasn’t about to get in the way.  


They had dessert, surprised that Jenna still had room.  “I’m trying hard not to imagine this being the rest of my pregnancy and I put on over 50 pounds, not including baby…” she gasped.


“You had been losing weight for a bit, so I take this as a good sign.  Doesn’t change how I feel about you,” JC said quietly.


“I’m sure you’ll be able to exercise however you want pretty much up until the end,” Kelly said, Jenna catching her double entendre.  “It’s a special trip, so live it up!”


They raised their glasses, taking their final sips of what was in them before heading back to the hotel.  JC was glad it was a short walk, worried about being seen and ruining their privacy.  LA had been pretty good about giving him space, but he knew New York could be relentless as far as paparazzi.  He was used to it, but really didn't want Jenna to deal with it, not yet.


“Good night,” Kelly teased as she hugged Jenna in the hallway, giving her a wink before opening her door.


“Shall we?” JC asked.  Jenna nodded with a small smile.


They stepped inside the room, Jenna's stomach in a small knot. Why, she had no idea. They’d had sex plenty of times, she was 9 weeks pregnant, but she still felt unsure somehow.


“You look beautiful, Jenna.  I’m constantly blown away by how beautiful you are.  I was stupid not to see that right away.”


“You were with someone else,” Jenna shrugged.


“I’m not now.  I’m yours, you’re mine…” He pulled her close to him, kissing her deeply.  “I want you, Jenna, I need you…”  That much was obvious as it pressed firmly against her belly, sending a spread of warmth between her legs.

 

She returned his kiss, any uncertainty faded away and she melted into the amazing feeling that was being in love with and being loved by him.

Chapter End Notes:

As always, feedback is appreciated :)  Curious on your thoughts and hopes for the NYC trip/her birthday.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story