Kelly’s jaw dropped a little.  “Where are we?”


“Hudson Yards, a high end shopping mall.  I’ve got some things I’ll be looking for, but I want you to have plenty of time to shop.  Get something nice for dinner out with Eric tonight, he said to go all out.  As far as for your birthday tomorrow, something nice but comfortable that will go from daytime to evening.”


They walked inside the mall, looking at the map for places to eat. “Let’s eat there, it’s like it’s saying ‘fuck you’.  The name sounds like it might be sushi though…”


“It’s Fuku, and I see that. Jenna, is that ok? They have more sit down style places we could go.  We could have a little more privacy, for sure.”


“Let’s do that, especially if there’s no hurry,” Jenna decided. 


They went up to the 5th floor to get to the restaurant. They were seated at a table by the window, per JC’s request.  The view was breathtaking, Jenna sitting next to Kelly in an attempt to throw off random onlookers. It also gave them the ability to pay footsies under the table, Jenna running her foot up JC’s calf. 


They ordered, making small talk as they waited for their food. They talked about their reactions to JC’s Peloton appearance, discussing what fans would freak out about. 


“What do you think we’re doing tonight? I need an idea of how fancy I need to get?”


“I mean, we’re not doing any red carpets, so nothing THAT fancy, but not just jeans,” JC answered. “I guess a little black dress or something, I’d say something a little sexy.”


“Of course you would,” Jenna laughed. “I’ll see what we can find.  You better bring your A game, Chasez.”


“You really doubt this man?” Kelly chuckled. “He could find a way to make a trash bag look fashionable.”


“I’m not THAT good,” JC laughed. “I’m sure we’ll do dinner somewhere big, I just need to remind him not to tag us if he wants to post. Well, maybe not tag me.  That’s really up to you. Know that people stalk his posts for any sign of me.”


“It’s me, I’m people,” Jenna admitted with a smile. “I know his full name is his username, but we all just know him as Podwall that it didn’t occur to me to call him Eric. I suppose I’ll have to now, though.”


“You follow him, so that’ll make it easier for him to find you I suppose.”


“I’m officially making my profile private, I don’t need people lurking in my posts trying to piece things together.  If I want to post anything of us, I want it kept safe for now, not used against us. I know Jen’s was private, too. Probably still is cuz no one knows you guys aren’t still together.”


“They will, eventually. I wanna post a picture of us at some point this week.  Even if they just think you’re a random fan, we’ll know the truth.”


They finished lunch, JC giving Jenna a credit card.  “Act as if you belong in whatever store you go to, because you do. If anyone gives you shit, text me and I’ll come and make things right. I don’t think that’ll happen, but you never know.”


“I’ve got money in my account…”


“Just in case, then. Don’t let the price stop you, if you really like it. I don’t think it’ll be too insane unless you just go crazy, but yeah.  Have fun, you two.”


He gave her hand a squeeze, wanting to do more, but playing it safe.  He walked one way, they went another. 


She went into H&M, looking around at their dresses. There was a different selection than the store in San Francisco, but that had also been almost 2 months prior. It had been 7 weeks since that weekend, since her emergency surgery. How had time gone by so quickly?


She found a comfortable black sweater dress that would be perfect for her birthday, especially seeing tan knee high boots she could pair them with. Kelly found a cute little black dress to wear, nothing like when they went to Heart and Rocco’s.  It was about Jenna and her birthday, so while looking good was a must, she didn’t want to take any attention away from her best friend.


Jenna used her card to buy the outfits, feeling a bit independent, not needing to use JC’s card like some gold digging girlfriend.  They walked around, going through the different levels of the mall.


“Ooh, let’s go in here,” Kelly said, pulling Jenna into a lingerie store.  “Wear something sexy under whatever we find for you to wear tonight.”


“I already have something, but JC is supposed to tell me when to wear it.”


“He’ll probably have you wear it tomorrow, being your birthday and all.  God, I miss birthday sex.  I miss sex, period…”


“It has been a while, hasn’t it?” Jenna laughed.


“Yeah, yeah, not everyone can have a sex god of a man rescue them. I’m just glad you still pal around with the little people…”


“Oh, stop. You’re never getting rid of me, I’m never getting rid of you.  Let’s go find sexy stuff.  Me for, well, Josh, and you to feel incredible and maybe even find someone at wherever we’re going tonight.”


They roamed the store, looking through the racks to find what they each wanted.  They met up at the dressing rooms.  “Ok, I NEED to see that on you, cuz I’m sure Josh will FLIP when he sees you in it.”


Jenna blushed, going into the dressing room to make sure she had picked the right option, and see if it was comfortable.  She put it on and looked herself over in the mirror. She felt sexy, like she could be a model.  Was it the pregnancy hormones, or was she finally starting to feel comfortable in her own skin at 40 years old?  Was it JC that brought out this side of her?  She wasn’t sure, but she also didn’t really care, knowing she liked how she looked, how she felt in the lingerie, and how JC would love it before pulling it off of her that night.


“Ok, can I see it?” Kelly begged from the other side of the door.  


Jenna quickly opened the door a little, Kelly going in to look at her. “Oh my god, you look so hot. You know that, right? JC won’t know what to do with himself. Well, he’ll know exactly what to do with you…”


“Is it bad I just wanna wear this now and tell Eric we can’t make it for dinner?”


“The dinner is for your birthday,” Kelly laughed. “God, I need to get laid, at least one of us is getting some.  More than that since you’re pregnant and all.  Oh my god, you should do a sexy little boudoir photo shoot for him or something, pictures for when he’s away from you and needs a little something but can’t have a little digital getdown…”


“I’ll think about it,” Jenna replied. “Now let me get changed and we’ll buy our stuff. Did you find anything?”


“A cute little black matching set. Now I just need a man to want to see it,” she smirked. 


“I’ll drink to that later.”


Jenna changed back into her clothes, leaving the store with her purchase. She still needed something to wear for dinner, not sure where to look. 


“You need something hot, like super hot. You need something designer,” Kelly said. “You’re turning 40, do it in style!  Take advantage of your baby daddy giving you his credit card…”


“I don’t need him to pay for anything. I’ll go in and look, but if I have to go back to H&M, I will. Nothing has called to me yet.”


“Holy shit, Jenna.  That dress, you need to try on that dress!”  Kelly pointed to a dress in the window, a short, strappy dress covered with black glitter. “It doesn’t matter what store this is, how much it is, you need this dress!”


“I’ll freeze in that!”


“So buy some black boots like it, unless you packed your own. Where are we going that you are gonna be exposed to the elements for that long? It’ll be between places and our private car, 30 seconds max, I’m sure. If anything, you have that red hot boyfriend to keep you warm.”


Jenna looked up to the sign over the store. “I honestly had no idea Louis Vuitton made clothes.”


“Well, you’re finding one in your size and trying it on.  I’ll push you in if I have to.”


“No need for that. I just don’t wanna get used to this…”


“You need to, at least a little. You’ll be on his arm for red carpet events, you need to be comfortable wearing luxurious, fancy dresses that may or may not be made just for you.”


Jenna walked in, looking for the dress in her size. She walked to the dressing room, Kelly going in with her. “We don’t need anyone else seeing you in this before he does,” Kelly smiled. “And you can put the lingerie back on to make sure it works together.”


Jenna slipped into her lingerie before putting the dress on. It fit her perfectly, hugging her curves in all the right places. It was short, but she was sure JC wouldn’t mind, her mind racing with thoughts of dirty things he could do to her. Dirty things she wanted him to do to her.


“Damn, you make turning 40 look fabulous,” Kelly smiled. “You have to get this dress. He won’t keep his eyes off you, or his hands.  Everyone will be looking at you, in the best way.”


“That’s what I’m afraid of. People seeing him, recognizing him, then wondering where Jen is and thinking terrible things about me. I mean, pictures of them together in what looked like a couples costume at Halloween are going around the internet and social media. Now suddenly he’s with someone else? They’d hate me.”


“They also wouldn’t know the truth. If they hate you, let them. You are the happiest I’ve ever seen you.  You’re in love with an amazing man, having a baby together… Everyone else can fuck off.”


Jenna changed back into her clothes, looking at the price tag.  Her eyes bulged almost out of her head.  “Ok, Josh is paying for this… Shit, I’ve never seen numbers this high for a dress.  It’s a mini dress, and it’s almost $5,000?!” she gasped quietly.


“That’s how the other half lives,” Kelly shrugged.  


“He’s not like that, though.  Not in his everyday life.  Whenever we go out, it’s not super expensive.  You’ve seen the Instagram accounts, he’s a frugal king.”


“I believe the word they use is Daddy, something you need to get used to calling him, outside the bedroom,” she smirked.


Jenna rolled her eyes, but Kelly wasn’t wrong.  “I don’t know how much the stuff was that he bought in San Francisco, but…”


“Let him worry about it.  He told you not to worry about how much things were, so don’t.  That’s not why you’re with him, anyone that sees you together knows that.  Now let’s buy this dress and meet up with your man.”


Jenna agreed, eager to get back to the hotel and start getting ready.  There was still some time before they would go out, but she was ready to get back to the hotel and relax a bit before whatever Eric had planned.



“You ready to see me all dolled up?” Jenna asked through the bathroom door.  She and Kelly had been getting ready in there, the door closed so he couldn’t see.


“Always,” he called back.  He sat on the edge of the bed, his eyes fixed on the door.  He watched it open slowly, his eyes widening as he saw her come out.  The dress looked even more incredible than when she tried it on.  Maybe because of having everything on, the lingerie and the dress, knowing JC would see her in it and, more importantly, be taking it off of her once they got back to the hotel for the night.  It was an indescribable feeling, knowing that she had the power to bring a man like JC Chasez to his knees.  “Wow,” he said, an audible gasp leaving his lungs.  “You look… incredible.  Definitely ready for whatever Eric has planned.  Those heels…” He bit his lip as he looked her over from head to toe.  


Her hair was down in soft curls, silver hoops earrings hiding behind her hair, peeking through if you really looked.  Her makeup was a bolder look, enhancing her natural beauty while also adding a touch of drama.   


She’d opted for a pair of black high heels instead of her boots. They were still comfortable, but added a little bit of sexy with how they made her legs longer.  She grabbed a black clutch purse, putting her lipstick and her perfume from San Francisco inside, along with her phone and ID.  She had a few more things in there, always ready just in case. 


“Kelly, you look great, too,” JC acknowledged. 


“Thank you.  Not one to outdo the birthday girl, of course. I’d say you clean up nice, Chasez, but we all know that.”


“You do look great, babe,” Jenna smiled. He wrote a medium gray long sleeved dress shirt, black slacks, and black dress shoes. 


There was a knock on their door, Eric waiting for them to head downstairs to their car. “Ladies first,” Eric gestured.


The ride took about 15 minutes, pulling up to Tao.  It didn’t look like much from the outside except for the red lighting on the awning, but she knew if Eric was bringing them there, it must be fancy enough for his standards.  Jenna found herself nervous somehow. Maybe it was how she was dressed, or that JC had nothing to hide who he was.  She took a deep breath.

 

Relax, it’s just dinner, she told herself.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story